ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR TIER1 Jobless

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rn
Newly Registered

ILR TIER1 Jobless

Post by rn » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:47 pm

Hi All,

I have an appointment in Glasgow office in 1st week of August. I am on Tier1 general. I have finished my job end of Feb and I don't have job now. however I have enough points(salary) to meet the criteria.

1. In past 5 years I have worked in 2 different places and I am not working anywhere now.How I can get letter about my absence ?My absence was not more than 180 days. Please help.

2. I have got 9 points on my Driving licence for speeding and traffic signal jump.Does that effect my ILR.

3. Any other points that I need to know as I am applying after April 2013.

4. My wife came to UK couple of years ago. As she was here before July 2012. I assume that she is eligible for applying ILR. Please confirm.

Help would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks
Ramma Nottay.
Last edited by rn on Mon May 20, 2013 10:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

rn
Newly Registered

Post by rn » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:59 am

About 100 people saw this post.Can someone kindly reply please. I do help people but this is not my area.

snowball001
Newly Registered

Post by snowball001 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:38 am

Ok here are my thoughts: you could try to contact your previous employers and ask for the letter to indicate the periods you were on paid annual leave ( there are templates in this forum). If they don't respond then you can show the CW (if you are required) that you have tried to contact them - this is acceptable. To make your case stronger, you can show the payslip+ bank statements for the months when you were outside UK and prove you were paid by UK employers.

I personally don't believe this would be an issue, especially you have less than 180 days absence in total.

Being unemployed would not stop you getting ILR if you satisfy the requirements. But make sure the salary payments used for your application fall in the 15-month period prior to the date of application. And showing that you are actively looking for job(emails inviting for interviews etc) +plus a decent amount of saving would strengthen your case.

I am not familiar with point 2 but I think there is a sticker topic on minor offence etc.

Best of luck. Do come back and share your experience :)

rn
Newly Registered

Post by rn » Fri May 17, 2013 8:19 pm

Thanks snowball001. I will sure share my experience.

rn
Newly Registered

Post by rn » Fri May 17, 2013 8:24 pm

Hi All,

I have couple of questions while filling my application kindly help me. I will sure share my views after attending ILR appointment.

Hi all questions I have is related to job and salaries. i finished my job in FEB 2013 and I haven't got my next job yet . Now how should I answer below questions in the applications. Please help

5.3 are you working in UK ? (what should I answer, I worked until FEB 2013)

5.4 Does a relative or friend of you or your partner regularly give you money?

5.6 indicate the income sources and levels of income that you and your partner relying on to adequately

as I am not working now, I worked until FEB 2013. what should I answer 5.6.Please help.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Fri May 17, 2013 8:38 pm

rn wrote:Hi All,

I have couple of questions while filling my application kindly help me. I will sure share my views after attending ILR appointment.

Hi all questions I have is related to job and salaries. i finished my job in FEB 2013 and I haven't got my next job yet . Now how should I answer below questions in the applications. Please help

5.3 are you working in UK ? (what should I answer, I worked until FEB 2013)

5.4 Does a relative or friend of you or your partner regularly give you money?

5.6 indicate the income sources and levels of income that you and your partner relying on to adequately

as I am not working now, I worked until FEB 2013. what should I answer 5.6.Please help.
5.3 You have to tell the truth. That you worked till 2013 and not working now. You have to show proof that you are actively looking for work. Not relying on Benefits.

5.4 Does any relative /friend give you money monthly?

5.6 Please refer 5.3. You have to show proof that you have enough funds to maintain your self until you find a new job.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

rn
Newly Registered

Post by rn » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:10 pm

Hi All,

Me and my wife got ILR in Glasgow. No problem or issues at all.It was very simple and clear.No questions either.

Documents I provided.

1. Bank statements
2. pay slips
3. letter showing that I am looking for job
4. cohabitation proofs (bank statements,letter from my GP, electoral letter)
5. Letter from my past employer for the days I was out of country. I couldn't country manage to get a letter from an employee in 2008. That particular leave was for 60 days. they didn't question me about it.

I provided NI contribution and employment history but they returned it back to me.

ldbright

Post by ldbright » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:13 pm

Me and my wife got ILR in Glasgow. No problem or issues at all.It was very simple and clear.No questions either.

Documents I provided.

1. Bank statements
2. pay slips
5. Letter from my past employer for the days I was out of country. I couldn't country manage to get a letter from an employee in 2008. That particular leave was for 60 days. they didn't question me about it.

I provided NI contribution and employment history but they returned it back to me.

Thanks for sharing. So you are NOT employed when applied for IRL. Did you provide any documents on that or did the CW question about the unemployment?

Many Thanks.

stokbrig

Post by stokbrig » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:25 pm

Congratulations Ramma. Happy to hear your success story as all of us have same worries before applying in person.
However,how did you find Glasgow PEO today? and how did you pay for your application? did you use an immigration adviser?
Any further details or advice regarding this PEO is much appreciated.
Thanks in advance

wordable

Post by wordable » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:03 pm

Documents I provided.

1. Bank statements
2. pay slips

Congratulations! What a great relief after all the worries about unemployment! I rejoice with you and your wife. Hope you'll get a new and a very good job soon or even start your own company! :D :D :D

ukswus

Re: ILR TIER1 Jobless

Post by ukswus » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:24 pm

Congratulations, but I don't understand what the worry was all about. There is no requirement that the Tier 1 general holder should be employed at the time of the application for ILR.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: ILR TIER1 Jobless

Post by Kevin24 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:04 pm

I have an appointment in Glasgow office in 1st week of August. I am on Tier1 general. I have finished my job end of Feb and I don't have job now. however I have enough points(salary) to meet the criteria.

1. In past 5 years I have worked in 2 different places and I am not working anywhere now.How I can get letter about my absence ?My absence was not more than 180 days. Please help.

2. I have got 9 points on my Driving licence for speeding and traffic signal jump.Does that effect my ILR.

3. Any other points that I need to know as I am applying after April 2013.

4. My wife came to UK couple of years ago. As she was here before July 2012. I assume that she is eligible for applying ILR. Please confirm.

Help would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks
Ramma Nottay.
Congratulations Mate! Happy for you and your wife. Enjoy your ILR.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .