ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parents ILR holder - secondment to India, Baby born in India

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rahul8055
Newly Registered

Parents ILR holder - secondment to India, Baby born in India

Post by rahul8055 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:04 am

Dear User,

Me and my wife are ILR holder in UK. I came to India in November 2012 on 1 year secondment. My wife joined me in December 2012 by that time we knew she is pregnant and baby due date is end of June.
Now we are living in Delhi, I got another few months to complete my contract.

My question is,
1) As soon as my baby born, what should I do? Should I apply for Indian passport or British passport. I know if we were in UK, we could apply for baby's british passport but is that the same for us?

2) Do I have to prepare anything (ie inform UKBA) before baby born?

Thanks and Regards, Rahul[/b]

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:26 am

1) As soon as my baby born, what should I do? Should I apply for Indian passport or British passport. I know if we were in UK, we could apply for baby's british passport but is that the same for us?

Your baby will not be british citizen, hence no british passport. You baby would (only) be an Indian citizen when born, and like any other Indian citizen should apply for an Indian passport if there is a need.

2) Do I have to prepare anything (ie inform UKBA) before baby born?

UKBA is not interested in children born in India or anywhere else in the world. If your child travel backs to UK with you then you must obtain necessary visa for child to enter UK.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... /children/

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:20 am

rahul8055 wrote:Dear reader,

Me and my wife are ILR holder (Indian citizen) for last 18 months. Last year (Nov 12) we came to India on company secondment (for 1 year, its finishing in Nov 13). I get my salary in UK account and I kept my UK accommodation so I have all utility bills (except council tax).
During my time in India my wife gave birth to baby boy in July 13. Straight-away I applied for baby's Indian Passport. We've received his passport.
Now I am applying for my boys settlement visa by online filling VAF4A. Here is my query, Please help me out:

1) Am I doing right by applying VAF4A???
2) What other appendix do I have to filled in???
3) What document do I need to show for subsisting relationship with my child???
4) During online application they ask for parents and sponsors detail, I believe I fill my detail (with my wife) at both places????
5) Is there any rule that one parent must have to be in UK during the application??

Thanks in advance, Rahul
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:23 am

Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

rahul8055
Newly Registered

Post by rahul8055 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:57 am

Dear D4109125,

Thanks for your prompt reply.
we got our ILR in June 2012, And may be that's why you suggested to fill Appendix 1. I checked that form, I am not sure whether its really relevant to my 4 month boy??
Do we come under "The child of settled parents or with one parent who has limited leave as a partner or parent granted under the Rules in force before
9 July 2012."??

Would you please care to resolve my other questions?

Regards, Rahul

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:07 am

rahul8055 wrote:Dear D4109125,

Thanks for your prompt reply.
we got our ILR in June 2012, And may be that's why you suggested to fill Appendix 1. I checked that form, I am not sure whether its really relevant to my 4 month boy??
Do we come under "The child of settled parents or with one parent who has limited leave as a partner or parent granted under the Rules in force before
9 July 2012."??

Would you please care to resolve my other questions?

Regards, Rahul

palak12345
Newly Registered

Re: Parents ILR holder - secondment to India, Baby born in I

Post by palak12345 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:01 am

Hi,

Currently me and my husband are both on ILR Visa. i came to india on 1st september, 2015 for delivery. baby is due in November first week. i have following questions to ask. plz advice

1.) which visa my baby will get? is it ILR dependent? if so, which form we need to use to apply fir baby visa?
2.) can anyone plz list out relevent documents for baby ILR dependent visa?
3.) when we apply for baby visa, i will be in india and my husband is travelling to visit me and baby for a month in november and we are planning to do all the procedure in due time. and than husband will go back to uk and will come after a month to pick us. is there a problem if one parent is in india and another is in uk while process is going on?
4.) what will be the maximum time to get the visa?

Thanks in advance

vinny

Re: Parents ILR holder - secondment to India, Baby born in I

Post by vinny » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:54 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.