ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

14 Year Continuous Residence ILR Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

14yearsUK
Newly Registered

Post by 14yearsUK » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:19 am

I have not been here for a while and I am so pleased to see the many positive outcomes for most of you guys. Congrats to all of you !. I wish the very best to the guys who are going through the appeal process. Thanks for posting so much useful information on the appeals procedure.
My life is currently upside down and coming back here has given me renewed hope and positivity.
I can see, there is a little mix-up between my username-14yearUK and 14years. I am the one still awaiting a decision and 14years` application has been successful.
I called the home office this morning and was advised that a decision has been made on my case and a package has been dispatched to me today (the lady asked me to call later for the tracking number).
I will soon update you on the outcome as soon as I open the package (.....when my hands stop shaking !)

Hopeful2

Post by Hopeful2 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:38 pm

14yearsUK wrote:I have not been here for a while and I am so pleased to see the many positive outcomes for most of you guys. Congrats to all of you !. I wish the very best to the guys who are going through the appeal process. Thanks for posting so much useful information on the appeals procedure.
My life is currently upside down and coming back here has given me renewed hope and positivity.
I can see, there is a little mix-up between my username-14yearUK and 14years. I am the one still awaiting a decision and 14years` application has been successful.
I called the home office this morning and was advised that a decision has been made on my case and a package has been dispatched to me today (the lady asked me to call later for the tracking number).
I will soon update you on the outcome as soon as I open the package (.....when my hands stop shaking !)

Hello 14yearsUK, I hope it's good news for you. Whatever happens can you please update your timeline as this is what we currently have for you and that actually shows that you had already received your ILR - thanks:

14yearsUK: application: 7th July 2012 (very last day)
Received by UKBA: 9th July 2012
Acknowledgement sent to me: 31st July 2012
Biometric Invitiation: 13th Oct 2012
Biometric done: 25th Oct 2012
approved: 24/05/2013

pink nails
Newly Registered

Post by pink nails » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:41 pm

Could someone plz post the number to contact UKBA or Home Office for me plz. I've read about people phoning but the number I have just puts me through to an automated system. Thank u.

Hopeful2

Post by Hopeful2 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:11 pm

pink nails wrote:Could someone plz post the number to contact UKBA or Home Office for me plz. I've read about people phoning but the number I have just puts me through to an automated system. Thank u.
Hello pinknails I have updated the main timeline list to include yours.

14yearsUK
Newly Registered

Post by 14yearsUK » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:18 pm

pink nails wrote:Could someone plz post the number to contact UKBA or Home Office for me plz. I've read about people phoning but the number I have just puts me through to an automated system. Thank u.

Hello pink nails....the home office number is 0870 606 77 66. You can cut the length of your call by NOT listening to the automated menu.

The trick is:

Press 4 as soon as the first automated menu starts. This will take you to the second automated menu !.

Press 4 again as soon as the second automated menu starts. This will subsequently take you to a ringing tone, which eventually takes you to a human being (usually after one or two automated announcements !).

14yearsUK
Newly Registered

Post by 14yearsUK » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:26 pm

Hopeful2 wrote:
14yearsUK wrote:I have not been here for a while and I am so pleased to see the many positive outcomes for most of you guys. Congrats to all of you !. I wish the very best to the guys who are going through the appeal process. Thanks for posting so much useful information on the appeals procedure.

Hello 14yearsUK, I hope it's good news for you. Whatever happens can you please update your timeline as this is what we currently have for you and that actually shows that you had already received your ILR - thanks:

14yearsUK: application: 7th July 2012 (very last day)
Received by UKBA: 9th July 2012
Acknowledgement sent to me: 31st July 2012
Biometric Invitiation: 13th Oct 2012
Biometric done: 25th Oct 2012
approved: 24/05/2013

Thanks Hopeful2.....I shall keep you posted in the next few days.

14yearsUK
Newly Registered

Post by 14yearsUK » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:37 am

Hello guys.....I am very disappointed with the Home Office. I called them this morning hoping to get the tracking number of my package as advised yesterday. I was puzzled when a rather arrogant gentleman told me that my case has not yet been decided so I have to wait until I hear from the home office. I told him about my call yesterday. He explained that they dont give out such information on a case until a tracking number is generated. I then advised him that I wanted to make an official complaint due to the incosistent information I received from the home office. He put me on hold for FOUR minutes whilst he spoke to his team leader. He came back to me and explained that instead of escalating the issue into a formal complaint, he could assist me by making an urgent enquiry with the Caseworking team and someone would get back to me within 24hrs with more details on my case.

So I am now waiting for the call .My guess is...it will be the usual generic information.

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:19 am

14yearsUK wrote:Hello guys.....I am very disappointed with the Home Office. I called them this morning hoping to get the tracking number of my package as advised yesterday. I was puzzled when a rather arrogant gentleman told me that my case has not yet been decided so I have to wait until I hear from the home office. I told him about my call yesterday. He explained that they dont give out such information on a case until a tracking number is generated. I then advised him that I wanted to make an official complaint due to the incosistent information I received from the home office. He put me on hold for FOUR minutes whilst he spoke to his team leader. He came back to me and explained that instead of escalating the issue into a formal complaint, he could assist me by making an urgent enquiry with the Caseworking team and someone would get back to me within 24hrs with more details on my case.

So I am now waiting for the call .My guess is...it will be the usual generic information.
Sorry about this. As usual they are inconsistent. May be they havnt updated there system
Godgives

14yearsUK
Newly Registered

Post by 14yearsUK » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:52 pm

Just a quick update.....I received a call from someone in the caseworking unit. I was told that the application is now complete and they are just checking it over. Apparently, I should receive a response in...FOUR WEEKS !!

Hopeful2

Post by Hopeful2 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:42 pm

14yearsUK wrote:Just a quick update.....I received a call from someone in the caseworking unit. I was told that the application is now complete and they are just checking it over. Apparently, I should receive a response in...FOUR WEEKS !!

Hello 14yearsUK, maybe the first Caseworker you spoke to jumped the gun. All I can say is STAY STRONG!! At least now you have a timeline for receiving your response from the HO re your application. You need to stay positive and keep a clear mind for your life AFTER you receive your ILR. Why don't you channel your energies into trying to look for a job because by the time you actually find the right one etc., and probably attend interviews, you would have received your ILR and then the transition would be easier for you. Make this set back work for you - good luck!!

14yearsUK
Newly Registered

Post by 14yearsUK » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:03 pm

Hopeful2 wrote:
14yearsUK wrote:Just a quick update.....I received a call from someone in the caseworking unit. I was told that the application is now complete and they are just checking it over. Apparently, I should receive a response in...FOUR WEEKS !!

Hello 14yearsUK, maybe the first Caseworker you spoke to jumped the gun. All I can say is STAY STRONG!! At least now you have a timeline for receiving your response from the HO re your application. You need to stay positive and keep a clear mind for your life AFTER you receive your ILR. Why don't you channel your energies into trying to look for a job because by the time you actually find the right one etc., and probably attend interviews, you would have received your ILR and then the transition would be easier for you. Make this set back work for you - good luck!!

Hopeful 2...thanks for the encouraging words. I will stay positive although it is not the easiest of things to do at present. I am facing extremely difficult personal circumstances (sometimes you wonder where all those lovely friends have gone !). Somehow, I have faith that I shall overcome these adversities.I have been to numerous interviews & have had some really nice job offers. I was hoping that one of the prospective employers would overlook the passport business.Sadly, that didnt happen. Right now,I have more than five more job interviews lined up in the next two weeks.I just hope by then God would have answered my prayers.

I also wish you the very best & many thanks for the support.

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:07 pm

14yearsUK wrote:
Hopeful2 wrote:

Hopeful 2...thanks for the encouraging words. I will stay positive although it is not the easiest of things to do at present. I am facing extremely difficult personal circumstances (sometimes you wonder where all those lovely friends have gone !). Somehow, I have faith that I shall overcome these adversities.I have been to numerous interviews & have had some really nice job offers. I was hoping that one of the prospective employers would overlook the passport business.Sadly, that didnt happen. Right now,I have more than five more job interviews lined up in the next two weeks.I just hope by then God would have answered my prayers.

I also wish you the very best & many thanks for the support.
Congratulations in advance
Godgives

glory5050

It seem like a dream....

Post by glory5050 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:43 pm

It seem like a dream, still can't believe how the Lord granted me father's day gift of Ilr with within 7 working days of sending more docs to Ho. I pray for God's intervention on everyone still waiting for a favourable decision on thier application.
Your time has come to receive your breakthroughs in Jesus name amen.

pink nails
Newly Registered

Post by pink nails » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:30 pm

Thank u very much 14yearsUK, I'll try again 2moro.

pink nails
Newly Registered

Post by pink nails » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:43 pm

congrats glory5050.

and all the best to you 14yearsUK. I agree with Hopeful2, u have some good news :D . best of luck with the interviews. thanks again.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:16 pm

It gives me great joy within my heart to see that people are finally getting a response from the home office. I have been going through this site like the bible, day and night and have been costumed to saying a prayer right before I close the page. My situation has been similar to some found in this section of the forum and it is with great relief to actually know that I am not alone and some people better or worse off but all in all we have to thank God cos the sun keeps shining brighter every week with good news flowing right in.

I came here in December of 2001 at the age of 20 with just a suitcase of 1 jeans and 2 shirts, on a visiting visa and with the environment that i was in, i believed that i could make better of myself and decided to stay. i tried to legalise my stay, changing my visit visa to a student but was denied and advised to go back to country of origin to reapply to which i ignored based on the fact that all my family members were british and living here but I was not born here. To cut the long story short, I managed to put myself through college and University with the original letter of acknowledgement from the home office. Just by the grace of God no questions was ever asked and I managed to work till I graduated.

After graduation, I have been through all sort of lawyers to help legalise my stay with money thrown down the pipe and no conclusion reached, it was until last year I managed to find one worthy and managed to apply for FLR (O) based on family life and my timeline is as follows;

Date of application: 23rd of December 2012
Acknowledgement letter Received: 17th of January 2013
Biometric Letter Invitation: 15th March 2013
Biometric Enrolment: Same Day
BRP: Still Waiting.

I pray the good lord who has started our journeys individually wi definitely finish it and to all of us who are still waiting, I believe the wait is over. (Amen).

poloko53
Newly Registered

ILR Approved

Post by poloko53 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:20 pm

Hi, just got confirmation from solicitor that ILR has been approved!

14yearsUK
Newly Registered

Post by 14yearsUK » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:54 pm

Today I give thanks & praise to God !. I have received a package with some wonderful news. This will definitely change my life. Thank you guys for your support. Best wishes to everyone still waiting. I shall soon update my timeline with more details.

pink nails
Newly Registered

Post by pink nails » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:57 pm

After missing the July deadline, I was hoping I might still be considered in the 14 year category especially as BA hasn't said anything else to me.

I phoned BA this morning, they said my application (sent the end of sept), will be decided in the FLR O category, I didn't even know anything about this category and now Im doing research.

I cant stay optimistic, I don't think I'll be able to be successful in that category. Im not married, no kids and I have nothing to do with my family who didn't send off my application when I was a child. I always thought not having a child I cant afford is a good thing, now I feel like Im being punished for it :( .

The earliest I can expect a decision is in the summer (according to the guy on the phone).

I just cant cope with this. I've been looking in the FLO thread but I cant see any situation like mine.

Hopeful2

Re: ILR Approved

Post by Hopeful2 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:34 pm

poloko53 wrote:Hi, just got confirmation from solicitor that ILR has been approved!

Congratulations poloko53 - I wish you all the best for the future!!

Hopeful2

Post by Hopeful2 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:35 pm

14yearsUK wrote:Today I give thanks & praise to God !. I have received a package with some wonderful news. This will definitely change my life. Thank you guys for your support. Best wishes to everyone still waiting. I shall soon update my timeline with more details.

Congratulations - now you can get on with the rest of your life - good luck!!

Hopeful2

Post by Hopeful2 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:39 pm

pink nails wrote:After missing the July deadline, I was hoping I might still be considered in the 14 year category especially as BA hasn't said anything else to me.

I phoned BA this morning, they said my application (sent the end of sept), will be decided in the FLR O category, I didn't even know anything about this category and now Im doing research.

I cant stay optimistic, I don't think I'll be able to be successful in that category. Im not married, no kids and I have nothing to do with my family who didn't send off my application when I was a child. I always thought not having a child I cant afford is a good thing, now I feel like Im being punished for it :( .

The earliest I can expect a decision is in the summer (according to the guy on the phone).

I just cant cope with this. I've been looking in the FLO thread but I cant see any situation like mine.

pink nails be positive - you can't afford to not be. Look at it this way, HO did not reject your application - they could have done so easily and sent you a letter saying sorry and that you did not qualify etc. etc. but they did not and they even sent you a letter for your biometrics. Just hang in there and hope for the best like the rest of us - good luck with everything.

Hopeful2

Outstanding Timelines as at 14 June 2013

Post by Hopeful2 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:43 pm

So as at Friday 14 June, timelines are as follows:

AWAITING DECISION

Hopeful2: applied for ILR under 14 year rule on 6 July
response received dated 23 July
1 October-invalid application
Biometrics on 20 November
(more than 14years = 21 years)

vix789's dad: Application Sent-07 July 2012
Ukba acknowledge letter- went to solicitor
Request for Biometric- not sure
Biometric completed- 10 October 12
Reply received on 16 April 13 >> more paper work requested within 28 days

zagoo2000: ILR application: 7th July/2012
Received by UKBA: 9th July/2012
Acknowledgement sent to my lawyer: 19th July/2012
Copy I received: 26th July/2012
Biometric Invitation sent to my lawyer: 23rd Oct/2012
Biometric Sent via post office: 30th Oct/2012
Decision FLR (O): still waiting

REFUSALS/APPEALS

lola56uk: Application - 07/07/ 2012
Confirmation received from UKBA - 16/07/12
Sent Life in the UK test - 08/08/12
Cheque for £991 debited from my account - 31/08/2012
Biometrics Invitation Dated - 06/09/12
Biometrics letters received by Solicitors - 12/09/12
Biometrics sent to UKBA - 19/09/02
Refused on 23/04/2013
(more than 14years)

banats: Application Sent-- beginning of July
Refused: beginning of May
(arrive in 1998 without evidences until 2004)

Peter77: Application Sent: 06/07/2012
Refused: 21/05/2013
(Arrived in June of 1999)

pink nails
Newly Registered

Post by pink nails » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:29 pm

Hopeful2 wrote:
pink nails wrote:After missing the July deadline, I was hoping I might still be considered in the 14 year category especially as BA hasn't said anything else to me.

pink nails be positive - you can't afford to not be. Look at it this way, HO did not reject your application - they could have done so easily and sent you a letter saying sorry and that you did not qualify etc. etc. but they did not and they even sent you a letter for your biometrics. Just hang in there and hope for the best like the rest of us - good luck with everything.
Thank you Hopeful2.

glory5050

Re: ILR Approved

Post by glory5050 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:27 pm

poloko53 wrote:Hi, just got confirmation from solicitor that ILR has been approved!
Congratulation to you poloko53 . Enjoy your freedom.