ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pls help kayalami/joseph/checkmate- Diploma vs masters degre

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

puffdaddyfamily
Newly Registered

Pls help kayalami/joseph/checkmate- Diploma vs masters degre

Post by puffdaddyfamily » Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:24 pm

Hi, I got my Postgraduate diploma in business administration assessed from NARIC and they who said it is comparable to post graduate diploma .Before this I had done bachelor of commerce and naric assessed that saying it is equivalent to British bachelor’s degree.
My question is how many points I can claim is it 25 or 15. Or only for masters degree you get 25 points and for post graduate diploma what is the point structure in spite of getting it assess from naric.
Thanks

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:32 pm

IMHO you will only be awarded points for the bachelor's degree = 15 points. Post graduate studies in the HSMP context refers to a complete/ full Masters degree i.e. either MA, MSc, MEng, Mphil or a PhD that is of UK equivalent level. A post grad diploma is neither of any on this list. Sorry.

anishpadela

Post by anishpadela » Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:07 pm

Hi, this is strange.. PG Diplomas are 2 years full time after graduation course still why cant be equivalent to Master's...

Kayalami, Do you have any case in knowledge who was awarded 15 points inspite of having 2 years Full time diploma....

Pls share more info on this topic..

Anis