ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I need help urgently please answer anyone

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ZAEEM
Newly Registered

I need help urgently please answer anyone

Post by ZAEEM » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:06 pm

I was enrolled in a level 7 Post Graduate Diploma course in an A rated College. Course started in September 2012 and in Feb 2013 we started hearing rumors that our college has been de-listed from UKBA list. When I contacted the college administration they said its not true they are stepping up to highly trusted status and thats why college name is not on the list. I kept on attending the classes and I was in the middle of the my course, Then one day when I reached the college, The staff told me that our college has been de-listed and the old management has sold the college to a new management and the new management will open the college shortly in birmingham. All students were surprised to hear that. College administration gave us a letter of completion mentioning attendance and completion of course and they said that on the basis of this we must apply to a highly trusted college and submit a new visa application.

I started searching for new college, I did not receive any letter from UKBA. Then in June I was accepted in a level 7 Course on the basis of that letter given by my previous college. Now the new college has issued me the CAS and I am going to apply for the visa on 18th june.

Problem is that I am not sure will UKBA grant me visa on the basis of that letter from the prev college because I did not complete my last level 7 course as my college was closed abruptly.

Any Guidance or suggestion please

quantum1
Member of Standing

Post by quantum1 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:34 pm

You should be fine. The academic progression requirement does not apply to someone who is applying to complete a course at a different college.
61.If you have a CAS and you previously had permission to stay as a Student or a Tier 4
(General) Student then your Tier 4 Sponsor can only give you a CAS for a new course,
if your new course represents academic progress from your previous studies. The only
exception to this is where you are:
• re-sitting examinations or repeating modules, or
• making a first application to move to a new institution to complete a course
commenced elsewhere, for example, you began a Bachelor’s degree course at a Tier 4 Policy Guidance version 04/2013 page 11 of 77
Sponsor whose licence was revoked and you wish to move to a new fully licensed
Tier 4 sponsor to complete the same degree course.”

ZAEEM
Newly Registered

explanation

Post by ZAEEM » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:06 pm

the problems is that I was doing pgd in information technology in my prev college that has been closed, Our study was complete but we were working on our final assignments when the college was closed, so I did not get to the mark of getting to award of certificate. Moreover, the course which my new college offered me is different, its not the same course, because the new college said that I had completed the syllabus at my previous college and so they can not offer me the same course, however they offered me pgd in stretegic management after having a aptitude interview.

I am very confused please guide me, A lot of my time and money has already been wasted. Do I stand a chance in my new visa application?, I am very confused about it

MBAGraduate
Newly Registered

Re: explanation

Post by MBAGraduate » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:06 pm

ZAEEM wrote:the problems is that I was doing pgd in information technology in my prev college that has been closed, Our study was complete but we were working on our final assignments when the college was closed, so I did not get to the mark of getting to award of certificate. Moreover, the course which my new college offered me is different, its not the same course, because the new college said that I had completed the syllabus at my previous college and so they can not offer me the same course, however they offered me pgd in stretegic management after having a aptitude interview.

I am very confused please guide me, A lot of my time and money has already been wasted. Do I stand a chance in my new visa application?, I am very confused about it
First of all, I am not an expert but have come across with number of students with the same issue.
One of my friend finished a level 7 course in Strategic leadership and management and then enrol for a course in Hospitality (Level 7) and got extension.
Your case is slightly different. Here are the key things to address;
1. Make sure you attach course completion Letter (if you have one) or even a letter that states that you have completed certain modules.
2. Make sure your new CAS must address that you have academic progression.

Hope that help you.

Regards,
GS

Piyaji4200
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Piyaji4200 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:37 pm

You will be get visa
Don't worry apply and make your send all documents
Like statement complete form
Case letter
And hopefully get you visa