ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILRapproved - 11.6.2013 (one less headache)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mani2013

ILRapproved - 11.6.2013 (one less headache)

Post by mani2013 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:35 pm

Dear Members,

I am happy to share the news that I was successful with my ILR application yesterday at solihull. I have got a lot inputs from other's experiences and want to thank Kevin, Vinny and pegakrishna for answering my questions to prepare the application. Hope you all come out with success with your visa application aswell.

I was on WP+ Tier 1.
I submitted all the standard documents which i dont want to list here as a lot of people have already done it. The only unusual things that were asked for (or at least I was not prepared to be asked)are,

1.Letter from HMRC stating that was paying class 2 national Insurance (though my bank statements shows that Iwas paying it by direct debit)
2. My UK born child's full BC (though I was not applying for her visa)

I will be glad to answer any of your questions if I can.

Thanks a lot again.

mani2013

Post by mani2013 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:52 pm

Also, i was also asked for my original WP approval letter. I did not have it with me but the CW was fine with it.

narendc

Post by narendc » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:01 pm

Excellent! Congratulations!

I take this opportunity to ask you few questions if you may answer.

1) If it's possible can you please tell us what documents you took with you and what documents you provided to the CW?

2) Have you got any absenteeism more than 180 days? If so, did you provide any employer letter for that? How did you split your absents (in a single year or two consecutive 12 month years?)

Thanks in advance for your help

Cheers

wordable

Post by wordable » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:33 pm

Congratulations@ :D :D :D

chelsea2014

Re: ILRapproved - 11.6.2013 (one less headache)

Post by chelsea2014 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:59 pm

mani2013 wrote:Dear Members,

I am happy to share the news that I was successful with my ILR application yesterday at solihull. I have got a lot inputs from other's experiences and want to thank Kevin, Vinny and pegakrishna for answering my questions to prepare the application. Hope you all come out with success with your visa application aswell.

I was on WP+ Tier 1.
I submitted all the standard documents which i dont want to list here as a lot of people have already done it. The only unusual things that were asked for (or at least I was not prepared to be asked)are,

1.Letter from HMRC stating that was paying class 2 national Insurance (though my bank statements shows that Iwas paying it by direct debit)

Thanks a lot again.
Congrates, did you include your UK born child in the application?

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:06 pm

I was on WP+ Tier 1.

Thanks a lot again.
Excellent News. happy that I could help you . Enjoy your ILR :D
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

mani2013

Post by mani2013 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:39 pm

Thanks Naren.

1. I submitted 12 months bank statments, letter from employer confirming the salry paid, letter from the accountant with net profit figure, life in the UK test certificate, 5 years employment history from HMRC, cohabitation documents (council tax bills, letters from GP, water bill, electricity bills etc).

2. My total days of absence was 111 (all unpaid). I did have the letters from my employers but did not submit and the CW did not ask about it. she just took the page in the SET(O) form which had this table of absences and checked my Passport (i guess for the immigration stamps) and said it was alright.

Hope this helps[/quote]

mani2013

Post by mani2013 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:39 pm

wordable wrote:Congratulations@ :D :D :D
Thank you

mani2013

Post by mani2013 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:42 pm

chelsea2014 wrote:

I was on WP+ Tier 1.

Thanks a lot again.
Congrates, did you include your UK born child in the application?
Thanks. No, I am planning to apply for naturalisation for my daughter.

mani2013

Post by mani2013 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:46 pm

Kevin24 wrote:

I was on WP+ Tier 1.

Thanks a lot again.
Thank you kevin. you are helping a lot of people.

I just wanted to inform you about something as it might help others aswell. I had asked asked a question few days ago in the other post regarding claiming points for age and you had answered me that I should claim for my age as of now. I followed this and claimed 10 points as I am 30 now. But the CW asked me to change it to 20 points as per my age during my initial tier 1 application (I was 27 at that time and got 20 points).

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:56 pm

mani2013 wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:

I was on WP+ Tier 1.

Thanks a lot again.
Thank you kevin. you are helping a lot of people.

I just wanted to inform you about something as it might help others aswell. I had asked asked a question few days ago in the other post regarding claiming points for age and you had answered me that I should claim for my age as of now. I followed this and claimed 10 points as I am 30 now. But the CW asked me to change it to 20 points as per my age during my initial tier 1 application (I was 27 at that time and got 20 points).
That's Good.Thanks for pointing that. I read in this Forum some people who has claimed points for their age, at the time of application.Hence I advised you.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

Raj_C
Newly Registered

Post by Raj_C » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:14 pm

Congratulations.
Can I ask you one question please?
You mention you had more than 100 days unpaid absence.
Can you let me know in which year(s) were these unpaid absences?

Regards
Raj_C

I was on WP+ Tier 1.

Thanks a lot again.

mani2013

Post by mani2013 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:33 pm

[quote="Raj_C"]Congratulations.

I took about 3 weeks every year from 2009 to 2013 to visit India all of which were unpaid but the CW did not ask any questions about them.

londener

Post by londener » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:56 pm

I was on WP+ Tier 1.

Thanks a lot again.
Congratulation first !
Did the caseworker ask you about these documents?.Hav you had them with you to show his/her ?
If not what did he/she say ?
Thanks for sharing
Cheers
believe in yourself !!!

mani2013

Post by mani2013 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:16 pm

londener wrote:

I was on WP+ Tier 1.

Thanks a lot again.
Congratulation first !
Did the caseworker ask you about these documents?.Hav you had them with you to show his/her ?
If not what did he/she say ?
Thanks for sharing
Cheers
Thanks londoner.
I did give her my daughter's birth certificate but I did not have any letter about class 2 NI contribution. When i first registered as self employed, I set up a direct debit to pay this amount so, I don't get quarterly bills like other people do. I tried to explain this but she was not convinced. Later, she did not bring this point up. I assume she might have checked it with HMRC system.
cheers.

Raj_C
Newly Registered

Post by Raj_C » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:06 pm

Thank you. I have 131 days of absence in 5 years in total (of which around 114 days are unpaid). This should be fine (I am on tier 1 G)
Pls let me know.

Regards
Raj_C
Raj_C wrote:Congratulations.

Regards
Raj_C

I was on WP+ Tier 1.

Thanks a lot again.

mani2013

Post by mani2013 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:46 am

Hi Raj,

In my personal experience and from what i have read in this forum elsewhere you should be fine with your absences as it is less than 180 days. cheers.
Raj_C wrote:Thank you. I have 131 days of absence in 5 years in total (of which around 114 days are unpaid). This should be fine (I am on tier 1 G)
Pls let me know.

Regards
Raj_C
Raj_C wrote:Congratulations.

Regards
Raj_C

I was on WP+ Tier 1.

Thanks a lot again.

narendc

Post by narendc » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:33 am

Thanks very much Mani.

It would be really helpful if you can answer few more questions of mine.

I see in the SET(O) application form 6.2 section which says
Evidence of all work-related absences (including paid annual leave) is required from those applying
under Tier 1 (General);Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer);Tier 2 (General); Tier 2 (Minister of religion);
Tier 2 (Sportsperson); Tier 5 International Agreement, and permitted employment categories - except
Highly Skilled Migrants
And then for 6.3
What evidence has been provided to support the reasons for all absences from the UK?
1. What checkbox to select for short holidays(paid leaves)? What evidences did you take along for these?
2. What checkbox to select for long absenteeism where you're away from the UK? (unpaid leaves)? May I know what reason your got from your employer for this in your letter?

I know many people including you said CW doesn't ask any evidences. But, to make myself more confident answers for the above would help me.

Cheers

mani2013

Post by mani2013 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:54 am

narendc wrote:Thanks very much Mani.

It would be really helpful if you can answer few more questions of mine.

I see in the SET(O) application form 6.2 section which says
Evidence of all work-related absences (including paid annual leave) is required from those applying
under Tier 1 (General);Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer);Tier 2 (General); Tier 2 (Minister of religion);
Tier 2 (Sportsperson); Tier 5 International Agreement, and permitted employment categories - except
Highly Skilled Migrants
And then for 6.3
What evidence has been provided to support the reasons for all absences from the UK?
1. What checkbox to select for short holidays(paid leaves)? What evidences did you take along for these?
2. What checkbox to select for long absenteeism where you're away from the UK? (unpaid leaves)? May I know what reason your got from your employer for this in your letter?

I know many people including you said CW doesn't ask any evidences. But, to make myself more confident answers for the above would help me.

Cheers
For 6.2 - I entered the details of date of leaving and entering the UK again and reason for absences - all personal family visit and for my wedding.
there is no separate boxes for paid and unpaid leave to tick.

I left 6.3 blank - I had letter from my current employer and the last employer but I did not want to submit them voluntarily and kept them aside. as I mentioned earlier I did not submit them as my CW did not ask for it.
since my employers let me type the letter myself, I did it using the template from this forum.

Hope I have answered ur question. If u r looking for anything more in detail, do let me know.

narendc

Post by narendc » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:21 am

Thanks for your quick reply.

Sorry to prolong this, but did you get letter from your employer on your "each single" short personal holiday as well? or just long 111 days unpaid absence?

Can you also point me to any link which you're referring to the template letter?

Thanks very much indeed!

Cheers

mani2013

Post by mani2013 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:37 pm

narendc wrote:Thanks for your quick reply.

Sorry to prolong this, but did you get letter from your employer on your "each single" short personal holiday as well? or just long 111 days unpaid absence?

Can you also point me to any link which you're referring to the template letter?

Thanks very much indeed!

Cheers
There is a sticky in this ( indefinite leave to remain ) section for ''employer letter for UK absences''. please refer to that for the letter format.

Yes, I did get each personal holiday dates mentioned in the employer letter. It is a bit tricky as your employer cannot really confirm what you were doing in those annual holiday period, whether you were in the UK or not, but thats what UKBA expects us to supply with the application!!!!

narendc

Post by narendc » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:45 pm

Thanks again Mani.

I left 6.3 blank - I had letter from my current employer and the last employer but I did not want to submit them voluntarily and kept them aside. as I mentioned earlier I did not submit them as my CW did not ask for it.

You mentioned you have left this section blank (not ticked any of the provided checkboxes). Can you tell me the reason why as you have already got a letter from your employer with all the absences reasons and you could have ticked one of the evidences listed out?

Cheers