ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Refusal -- Please Help!!!! URGENT

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmp_distressed

HSMP Refusal -- Please Help!!!! URGENT

Post by hsmp_distressed » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:33 pm

Hello Everyone,
My HSMP got cancelled. The reason is that the points I had claimed for my previous earnings got objection from the HSMP team. Here's what had happened:
My company issues cheques in my name and I pass them to my c.a. who deposits them to my bank. There is no direct credit, and this is the same with everyone in my rank. Now I had given 12 months payslips between January and December 2006, and bank statements and some other investment details. The Income Tax document (I am from India, and its Form16 as far as i understand) covered only the Jan-March period. The HSMP team said in the refusal letter that there was no direct evidence of the cheques being issued by my company and hence they are unable to take it up any further. I am allowed one review within 28 days free of cost.

I would like the help from you all as to what should be done from here on. I could give my latest Form16 but they would not accept it probably since its a new evidence. So I am thinking on the following lines:

1. Check up my bank statements. I think the cheque numbers should be mentioned. Take those up with my company and make them issue a letter that the cheques were indeed issued by my company in my name.
2. Work with my bank to get a proof that all 12 cheques were credited in my name from my company's a/c. I don't know if 2 is a valid positioning though.

PLEASE HELP ME ANYONE READING THIS. Any help or pointers are very very appreciated at this stage.

invisibleman

Post by invisibleman » Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:16 pm

Hello,
Sorry to hear that your HSMP got rejected.
But I have seen similar cases like yours (in fact mine is almost the same as urs, but I have not received decision yet)...whose case got approved after review. I suggest you to prepare ur review letter emphasizing that your company provides the Cheques to pay ur monthly salary and it is indeed one of the ways many employers pay their employees in India.

Also mention in ur review letter that, "HSMP Guidance notes did not say that an EMPLOYER Name should reflect in the salary transaction of the bank statement. Rather it just mentioned that the salary slips and the amount deposited in the bank should corroborate each other, which is very well established in my case." This is a strong point to show that ur case is geniune. I think you have to emphasize this point in ur review and pray the god for positive result.

I do not think that they will accept any additional documents (Like letter from Bank and ur employer)...but do provide those letters saying that, "I AM NOT PROVIDING ANY ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS AS EVIDENCE. HOWEVER I AM JUST ENCLOSING LETTER FROM MY EMPLOYER CONFIRMING THAT MY EMPLOYER HAS INFACT ISSUED THE CHEQUES TO ME TOWADS MY MONTHLY SALARY. ALSO THE LETTER FROM MY BANK STATES THAT THE CHEQUES ARE INFACT ISSUED BY MY EMPLOYER. THESE TWO LETTERS PROVE THAT MY SALARY CHEQUES ARE INDEED ISSUED BY MY EMPLOYER. THESE TWO LETTERS ARE PROVIDED TO JUST STRENGTHEN MY CASE. IF YOU STILL CONSIDER THESE TWO LETTERS AS ADDITIONAL EVIDENCE, PLEASE DISCARD THEM. AS I EMPHASIZED BEFORE, MY NET SALARY AND THE SALARY DEPOSITED ARE CORROBORATING EACH OTHER, HENCE I FEEL THAT MY CASE QUALIFIES FOR APPROVAL......."

I hope this helps you.
I wish you all the best. If you need any help, please PM me.

hsmp_sap
Newly Registered

Tax Return

Post by hsmp_sap » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:51 pm

How are u dealing with the tax return part of it since your period overlaps 2 tax years.

I guess thats where the problem arises. If you have the HSMP application filed for 1 tax year and make it simple and clean (submitting the payslips signed by employer and the tax return (not Form16)) there would not be any additional need for Bank Statements and Salary Certificate from your employer.

Seniors & Gurus in this aspect, please correct me if I am mistaken.

Cheers
SAP consultant

hsmp_distressed

Thanks, will get in touch by Friday

Post by hsmp_distressed » Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:28 am

Hello invisibleman,
Thanks a lot for the encouraging words and the offer to help. I would be receiving the documents in a day or 2 latest. I would get in touch with you immediately after that. Once again, thanks a ton.

Best Regards
invisibleman wrote:Hello,
Sorry to hear that your HSMP got rejected.
But I have seen similar cases like yours (in fact mine is almost the same as urs, but I have not received decision yet)...whose case got approved after review. I suggest you to prepare ur review letter emphasizing that your company provides the Cheques to pay ur monthly salary and it is indeed one of the ways many employers pay their employees in India.

Also mention in ur review letter that, "HSMP Guidance notes did not say that an EMPLOYER Name should reflect in the salary transaction of the bank statement. Rather it just mentioned that the salary slips and the amount deposited in the bank should corroborate each other, which is very well established in my case." This is a strong point to show that ur case is geniune. I think you have to emphasize this point in ur review and pray the god for positive result.

I do not think that they will accept any additional documents (Like letter from Bank and ur employer)...but do provide those letters saying that, "I AM NOT PROVIDING ANY ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS AS EVIDENCE. HOWEVER I AM JUST ENCLOSING LETTER FROM MY EMPLOYER CONFIRMING THAT MY EMPLOYER HAS INFACT ISSUED THE CHEQUES TO ME TOWADS MY MONTHLY SALARY. ALSO THE LETTER FROM MY BANK STATES THAT THE CHEQUES ARE INFACT ISSUED BY MY EMPLOYER. THESE TWO LETTERS PROVE THAT MY SALARY CHEQUES ARE INDEED ISSUED BY MY EMPLOYER. THESE TWO LETTERS ARE PROVIDED TO JUST STRENGTHEN MY CASE. IF YOU STILL CONSIDER THESE TWO LETTERS AS ADDITIONAL EVIDENCE, PLEASE DISCARD THEM. AS I EMPHASIZED BEFORE, MY NET SALARY AND THE SALARY DEPOSITED ARE CORROBORATING EACH OTHER, HENCE I FEEL THAT MY CASE QUALIFIES FOR APPROVAL......."

I hope this helps you.
I wish you all the best. If you need any help, please PM me.

paramjit2k

Re: HSMP Refusal -- Please Help!!!! URGENT

Post by paramjit2k » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:59 am

hsmp_distressed wrote:Hello Everyone,
My HSMP got cancelled. The reason is that the points I had claimed for my previous earnings got objection from the HSMP team. Here's what had happened:
My company issues cheques in my name and I pass them to my c.a. who deposits them to my bank. There is no direct credit, and this is the same with everyone in my rank. Now I had given 12 months payslips between January and December 2006, and bank statements and some other investment details. The Income Tax document (I am from India, and its Form16 as far as i understand) covered only the Jan-March period. The HSMP team said in the refusal letter that there was no direct evidence of the cheques being issued by my company and hence they are unable to take it up any further. I am allowed one review within 28 days free of cost.

I would like the help from you all as to what should be done from here on. I could give my latest Form16 but they would not accept it probably since its a new evidence. So I am thinking on the following lines:

1. Check up my bank statements. I think the cheque numbers should be mentioned. Take those up with my company and make them issue a letter that the cheques were indeed issued by my company in my name.
2. Work with my bank to get a proof that all 12 cheques were credited in my name from my company's a/c. I don't know if 2 is a valid positioning though.

PLEASE HELP ME ANYONE READING THIS. Any help or pointers are very very appreciated at this stage.
I suggest:
1. take a letter from company showing for all the chques: cheques no, amount per chque, date of issue
2. Same way, take from bank that they recieved so and so cheque.

But you cannot attach any new evidence with review, so plan according to that. file review when u feel it can go sucessful...
Regards,

Pam Aujla