ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confusion

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nasirgee
Newly Registered

Confusion

Post by nasirgee » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:42 am

Dear friends...
i am on tier 1 visa.and my ilr is due in sept 2013.i have some confusion.
1. 1st visa stamped in sept 2008 entry to uk in jan 2009(gap of 3 months and 21 days)
2.how much maintaince for me and 2 dependents.

my question is that should i go for ILR or extension.as there is rule for 180 days absence.
and how much money as maintaince and how long should i have for my application.
thanks and best regards

nasirgee
Newly Registered

Post by nasirgee » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:47 am

74 views still no reply..............
guru please

BalajiSundaram
Newly Registered

Post by BalajiSundaram » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:52 pm

There is a gap of more than 3 months in your case between your first stamp date and the arrival to the UK date. So effectively you will be eligible to apply for the ILR by Jan 2014. 5 years from the date of entry to the UK.

This was in FAQ

Question: I received my grant of leave but delayed my entry to the UK by two months, have I broken the 5 year continuous period for ILR?
Answer: No. Provided the delay was no longer than 90 days, we will count the time between you being granted entry clearance and coming to the UK towards the continuous period for ILR,

gurrano2

Post by gurrano2 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:51 pm

Balaji : you are contradicting yourself by saying he is qualified for ilr . Since he delayed his entry to UK for more than 90 days, he will not be qualified for ilr . He should need to do another extension first.
2. You need £2100 saved for you and 2 dependants for 90 days.

nasirgee
Newly Registered

Post by nasirgee » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:01 pm

what abt if i apply 5 days before from my extension to use 28 days relaxation. as extension will be too much expensive. but one more thing is that before coming to uk for 1st time i went to my homecountry for urgent emergency...
any other solution?

vinny

Question

Post by vinny » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:50 pm

nasirgee wrote:Dear friends...
I applied for ilr last month.but still didn't receive biometric letter.i received ack letter.they took fee as well.can any one tell me how long it will take to send biometric letter.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.