ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what documents are required to renew STAMP 4 - non EU spouse

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bazzare
Newly Registered

what documents are required to renew STAMP 4 - non EU spouse

Post by bazzare » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:41 pm

im an Irish citizen and in a few months my non EU spouse who will have been resident in Ireland almost 1 year will be required to renew her STAMP 4.

Does anybody know what is the procedure, is it pretty straightforward ?.

What exact documents do they ask for , is there anything specific required ?. would appreciate if anyone else who has done this could let me know the process .

once this is renewed how many years is it renewed for. Do they give another year or is it two or three or five ??

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Re: what documents are required to renew STAMP 4 - non EU sp

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:08 pm

bazzare wrote:Does anybody know what is the procedure, is it pretty straightforward ?
As far as I know it is "pretty" straight forward as long as you' re there :)
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:09 pm

bazzare wrote:What exact documents do they ask for , is there anything specific required ?. would appreciate if anyone else who has done this could let me know the process .
They'll need your marriage cert, proof of residence, her GNIB card, your passport etc and thats about it.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:11 pm

bazzare wrote:once this is renewed how many years is it renewed for. Do they give another year or is it two or three or five ??
Again that depends. It may be renewed for a further 2 years.

sacha20
Newly Registered

Post by sacha20 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:05 pm

Yea, it is straightforward, just bring urself, ur passport, your spouse passport and old gnib card.. they wont even ask u a question and you dont even have to pay anything ;).. so happy days 5 year stamp 4 and re entry visa is 5 yrs as well.. :)

sacha20
Newly Registered

Post by sacha20 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:07 pm

Sorry forgot to ask was the old gnib card stamp 4 as well if no then do bring your marriage and proof of address ;)

bazzare
Newly Registered

Post by bazzare » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:45 pm

thanks for the replies guys...

the reason I asked about this is that my wife ( who has stamp 4 GNIB card )thinks they will ask for bank statements ,payslips, ESB bills etc

I wonder why they cant just give the re-entry visa at the same time as the GNIB card..

seems unnecessary to have the re-entry visa as a separate process.. don't know why they need to make it more complicated than it needs to be..

sacha20
Newly Registered

Post by sacha20 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:55 pm

Well look at the bright side you don't have to pay to pay 300 Euro for Gnib and 100 Euro for Re-entry. It's all free of charge.. So am sure you can manage few proof of address.. :)

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:10 am

bazzare wrote:thanks for the replies guys...

the reason I asked about this is that my wife ( who has stamp 4 GNIB card )thinks they will ask for bank statements ,payslips, ESB bills etc

I wonder why they cant just give the re-entry visa at the same time as the GNIB card..

seems unnecessary to have the re-entry visa as a separate process.. don't know why they need to make it more complicated than it needs to be..
I dont think this applies to Spouses of Irish Nationals. Maybe its new but the last time I checked you simply dont need bank statements, payslips esb etc and I still think you dont!.