ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any body been to appeal for refusal based on advertisement

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vinith
Newly Registered

Any body been to appeal for refusal based on advertisement

Post by vinith » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:24 pm

Hello,

Could any one please let me know if they have been to hearing for refusal based on advertisement. If so please let me know the kind of questions home office is asking and objections they raise as I have my hearing date coming up in next couple of days and I was refused saying that my name is not available on the website.

Thanks in advance

Viny

annoyedatukba
Member of Standing

Appeal

Post by annoyedatukba » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:09 pm

Hi ...

I too was refused, based on the fact that my name was not available in the advertisement. My aopeal is still one month away , but the solicitor is giving me the run around. Not giving me much hope, even though I feel it is quite simple.

Would appreciate it if you are able to give me any sort of feedback regarding what happened during your hearing. You can reply here or send me a private message.

Thanks

mrshah
Newly Registered

Refused due to not having my name on advertisement

Post by mrshah » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:37 pm

My close friend has been refused based on the same objection that his name doesn't appear on the advertisement. Though his solicitor sent a copy of the website printout 1 month before the decision was made. Website printout does contain his name and title but they didn't consider it. He has lodged an appeal and the hearing date is 1st week of September 2013. Any feedback regarding similar case would be appreciated for his appeal hearing and others too.

I don't understand why would a limited company director would put his name of advertisement, he/she should be promoting company/business rather than a person in contrast to a self employed who is suppose to advertise him/herself.

cheer

Drabie123
Newly Registered

Re: Refused due to not having my name on advertisement

Post by Drabie123 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:10 pm

mrshah wrote:My close friend has been refused based on the same objection that his name doesn't appear on the advertisement. Though his solicitor sent a copy of the website printout 1 month before the decision was made. Website printout does contain his name and title but they didn't consider it. He has lodged an appeal and the hearing date is 1st week of September 2013. Any feedback regarding similar case would be appreciated for his appeal hearing and others too.

I don't understand why would a limited company director would put his name of advertisement, he/she should be promoting company/business rather than a person in contrast to a self employed who is suppose to advertise him/herself.

cheer

Do u know what address ur friends solicitor sent the advert ? Could be that they did not receive it

mrshah
Newly Registered

Post by mrshah » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:23 pm

I will have to ask my friend but I believe it was sent to the same address the initial application was sent to.

Iro_2013
Newly Registered

Post by Iro_2013 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:00 pm

Could you tell me please, where it is written that my name should be in advertisement or my website?

Entrepreneur9
Member of Standing

Post by Entrepreneur9 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:34 pm

Go to policy guidance, search the word "advertising" and you will find it.
Iro_2013 wrote:Could you tell me please, where it is written that my name should be in advertisement or my website?

rehan01
Diamond Member

Re: Appeal

Post by rehan01 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:11 am

I recommend you to re advertise your business as much as you can meeting all the requirement and take all advert with u in appeal and I m sure it will be handy. Gum tree yell etc but bearing in mind some online adds expire after some time.

Regards
annoyedatukba wrote:Hi ...
I too was refused, based on the fact that my name was not available in the advertisement. My aopeal is still one month away , but the solicitor is giving me the run around. Not giving me much hope, even though I feel it is quite simple.

Would appreciate it if you are able to give me any sort of feedback regarding what happened during your hearing. You can reply here or send me a private message.

Thanks