ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse travelling to UK border control trouble

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ijamesf

Spouse travelling to UK border control trouble

Post by ijamesf » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:09 pm

My wife returned to the UK today with a spouse VISA stamped into her passport.

At border control at Heathrow she was put to one side and questioned over and over about how she came about the visa, asked about me (husband), told her that they couldn't believe she got a VISA, then told her they were detaining her, needs more information and revoking VISA! He then took her fingerprints, dissapeared with her passport, came back and returned it to her, then just pointed at her to go without saying a word.

He was almost making up his own rules, expressing his personal views and generally upsetting my wife.

Having legally obtained the VISA by following all the rules and meeting all the requirements to get the VISA in the first place this level of questioning and scenario was the last thing we were expecting.

He stamped the VISA, on the VISA page itself, with a stamp which simply says UK IMMIGRATION 12 JUNE 2012 ...and that's it.

She wasn't instructed to do anything more, just a bit shocked by it to be honest and unsure if it will have any repercussions in the future.

Thoughts and opinions on this welcome, never read anything like this in here before.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse travelling to UK border control trouble

Post by Amber » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:12 pm

ijamesf wrote:My wife returned to the UK today with a spouse VISA stamped into her passport.

At border control at Heathrow she was put to one side and questioned over and over about how she came about the visa, asked about me (husband), told her that they couldn't believe she got a VISA, then told her they were detaining her, needs more information and revoking VISA! He then took her fingerprints, dissapeared with her passport, came back and returned it to her, then just pointed at her to go without saying a word.

He was almost making up his own rules, expressing his personal views and generally upsetting my wife.

Having legally obtained the VISA by following all the rules and meeting all the requirements to get the VISA in the first place this level of questioning and scenario was the last thing we were expecting.

He stamped the VISA, on the VISA page itself, with a stamp which simply says UK IMMIGRATION 12 JUNE 2012 ...and that's it.

She wasn't instructed to do anything more, just a bit shocked by it to be honest and unsure if it will have any repercussions in the future.

Thoughts and opinions on this welcome, never read anything like this in here before.
You can make a complaint but otherwise just forget it. Not everyone at the ukba is nice and happy, good and bad in all jobs I'm afraid,
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ijamesf

Post by ijamesf » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:24 pm

I hope it's as simple as the fact the guy was out of order, just didn't expect it and didn't expect a stamp to go on the actual VISA page either.

I hope that's it, I'll make more enquiries into it, but from the form there is no way of tracing it back to the immigration officer.

We're going to France in a couple if weeks, hope we're ok getting back in!

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:34 pm

ijamesf wrote:I hope it's as simple as the fact the guy was out of order, just didn't expect it and didn't expect a stamp to go on the actual VISA page either.

I hope that's it, I'll make more enquiries into it, but from the form there is no way of tracing it back to the immigration officer.

We're going to France in a couple if weeks, hope we're ok getting back in!
Try not to worry, some people shouldn't be in a position of authority, but they are. Reminds me of the immigration officer from 'come fly with me'.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:15 pm

ijamesf wrote:and didn't expect a stamp to go on the actual VISA page either.
Seems to be common practice now.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.