ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

After 5 year eea visa

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fluffyone
Newly Registered

After 5 year eea visa

Post by fluffyone » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:56 pm

My husband has family member of EEA citizen visa it runs out in october 2014 what do we need to apply for when this runs out,we are aiming for his british citizenship if possible but dont know who or where to turn to any help much appreciated.

zubby007
Member of Standing

Re: After 5 year eea visa

Post by zubby007 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:48 pm

fluffyone wrote:My husband has family member of EEA citizen visa it runs out in october 2014 what do we need to apply for when this runs out,we are aiming for his british citizenship if possible but dont know who or where to turn to any help much appreciated.

EEA4 application form for PR.

zubby007
Member of Standing

Re: After 5 year eea visa

Post by zubby007 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:55 pm

fluffyone wrote:My husband has family member of EEA citizen visa it runs out in october 2014 what do we need to apply for when this runs out,we are aiming for his british citizenship if possible but dont know who or where to turn to any help much appreciated.

EEA4 application form for PR.

sjimoh112

Post by sjimoh112 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:38 am

EEA4 application as stated above. After a year on that which will be 6 years from date of marriage or date you he entered UK he will qualify for British citizenship.
[Moderator Edit]

fluffyone
Newly Registered

EEA4

Post by fluffyone » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:36 pm

Thanks for all the reply's i have just looked at the requirements and looks like he cant go for this as i stopped working 3 years ago to care for my disabled father and i am also the main carer for our 12 year old son
the requirements state that the EEA national must prove that they have been working for the 5 years.
Is there another way can he apply in his own right as a worker/tax payer