ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shoumeshd

what doc u r planning to send?

Post by shoumeshd » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:53 am

i am also applying on august 2013.what docs u are planning to send?
passports /brp card and life in the UK test . that's all we need isn't it?

pretzel12 wrote:Hi everyone, long time lurker here.

I was wondering if anyone can assist with the question regarding the application requirements.

I've lived in the UK since September 2003 and am planning to send my ILR application in August, 2013. I am currently on the Post Study Work visa. No long absences, always applied by myself for my previous visas, never overstayed. In 2009, I was issued my first biometric card, it was taken away by the Home Office when I applied for my Post Study visa in 2011 and I was issued the new biometric card which I currently hold.

I don't have the copy of the previous biometric card, but I have its number and the letter from Home Office with that number on it. When I apply in August for ILR, will I need to supply Home Office with the copy of the card? I am asking because all my previous visas are in my passport except of course the biometric card info which covers my stay between 2009 and 2011. If yes, how do I go about this?

Many thanks!

Benito

Re: ILR 10 years

Post by Benito » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:44 am

Hi Shoumeshd,
That's correct.
In ur case, all docs that u've mentioned before are OK. Especially if u've u checked ur SAR. I didn't check my SAR but I am assuming that there shouldn't be any gaps in my case as I have copies of all ackn. letters from HO for last 10 years. The reason why I have sent bank statements, doctors letter, saving book and letter from land lord is to give them little idea that I am living and working here. Also as far as I know if CW wants to see any additional docs they usually getting in touch with you either by phone or by post.
Regards
shoumeshd wrote:hi benito thanks for your reply. i can understand that all the cases vary
from person to person and depend upon the complication of the visa.

i just want to the basic and must requirements for ilr (10 years). i dont have anyvisa refusal or gap and i have also checked SAR docs that all application i made last 10 years are all valid and in time. all the last 10 years visa in on passport and BRP CARD.

please correct me if i am wrong....bank statements/tax letter GP letter tenancy letter all these letter you only need to submit when you do not have all the passports to show that you were here last 10 years . isn't it?

thanks ,i will wait for your reply

Benito wrote:Hello shoumeshd!
Sorry for late responce.
I have sent:
1. Application form Set (LR) + two passport size pics
2. Two passports with all visas & stamps (I didn't send any BRP cards as I I only had sticker visas in the passports)
3. Police registration
4. Life in the UK test Certificate
5. Marriage Certificate
6. Child Birth Certificate
7. Letter from doctor (GP) stating that I have been registered with GP for last 9 years (you can obtain it from ur GP, cost £10)
8. P60 for last financial year
9. Three months bank statements
10. ISA saving book (for last 7 years)
11. Copies of Home Office Acknowledgement Letters for past 10 years for each visa I have in the passports + copies of judge decisions ( I had two refusals in the past and both appeals were allowed by judges)
12. Letter/Reference from my land lord (stating that I have been living at present address for 7 years and been a good tenant)
All this docs are mentioned in SET (LR) form apart from Letter/Refernce from land lord. I have added this just to show them a "good character".
The documents which U've mentioned are alright (I think if u've got straightforward case with no gaps etc.) I mean it is completely up to you, but I would agree with some members in this forum that it is better to keep it simple to save CW's time and also keep yourself out of any complications by sending unnecessary papers.
Regards...
P.S. by the way I didn't use solicitor.
shoumeshd wrote:dear benito,
what docs u send for ur ilr?
i think i need to send only passport/brp card and life in the uk test .
thats it . is not it?
Benito wrote:Dear all,

I have applied for ILR on the bases of 10 years on 20th May 13,
Got Acknowledgement on 25th May (dated 23rd May), money taken on 23rd May. Now today on 1st June have received Biometrics letter dated on 30th May. Isn't it too soon to receive bimetrics invitation?
I have been searching for others timing and can see that usually biometrics arrives in a month or so time?

nadeem toheed

Post by nadeem toheed » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:20 am

Hi everybody
Thanks for my Allah and with prayers of my parents, i received my approval letter with all my passport on 6th June
could anyone please update on sheets, thanks
Applied 10-12-2012(Ten years long res)
Bio done 05-02-2013
Approval letter with all my supporting documents 05-06-2013
(ILR granted within 6 months time scale)
Thanks for everybody in this forum and pray for those who are waiting their results
Documents sent to HO
All passports and
Life in the UK test
Thanks and Good luck to everyone again

kimnjuka

Post by kimnjuka » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:04 pm

nadeem toheed wrote:Hi everybody
Thanks for my Allah and with prayers of my parents, i received my approval letter with all my passport on 6th June
Bio done 05-02-2013
Thanks for everybody in this forum and pray for those who are waiting their results
Documents sent to HO
All passports and
Life in the UK test
Hi yah Congrats ,,enjoy your freedom now :D mine took 5 months 1 week,, UKBA are doing a good job, we give God Glory and Honour.

saanju9
Member of Standing

Re: what doc u r planning to send?

Post by saanju9 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:23 am

shoumeshd wrote:i am also applying on august 2013.what docs u are planning to send?

Dude your question been answered stop asking the same question again and again

zack001
Newly Registered

Post by zack001 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:11 pm

Bio done 05-02-2013
Documents sent to HO
All passports and
Life in the UK test
congrats!

nadeem toheed

Post by nadeem toheed » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:43 pm

kimnjuka wrote:
Bio done 05-02-2013
Documents sent to HO
All passports and
Life in the UK test
Hi yah Congrats ,,enjoy your freedom now :D mine took 5 months 1 week,, UKBA are doing a good job, we give God Glory and Honour.
Thanks to you and Zack001
hope you will get your one very soon and pray for all of them who are waiting their one

careful1985
Newly Registered

Re: Appying for Naturalization

Post by careful1985 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:36 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
careful1985 wrote:Just a quick query really, suppose, I apply Sep 2013, HO take 6 month to respond. I get it March 2014. application for Naturalization should be made on Sep 2014 or March 2015?

This is under 10 year Residence rule ..
If you can phrase a strong covering letter you should be able after 15 months from Sep 2013 which would be after Nov 2014 under Para 7.5g @ Page 16
Thank you ! ::)

raf007
Newly Registered

Post by raf007 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:30 am

Hey..I got my ILR 10 years long residence at last, it took me 9 months 3 days.
I applied tier-4 29th june as a student because I was shortage 2 months and 6 days to complete 10 years. After that 7th of September I send another application for ILR 10 years long residence without passport. I got my passport back 8th January 2013 as a successful tier-4 then I resent 9th of January 2013 to Liverpool by my ILR reference..

Tier-4:
Tier-4 application: 29th June 2012
Passport & BRP received: 8th January 2013

ILR 10 Years Long Residence:
Application date: 7th September 2012
ACK dare: 11th September 2012
Addition document send: 3rd October 2012 (ESOL original certificate)
BRP date: 9th November 2012
BRP done: 12th November 2012
PASSPORT send : 9th January 2013
ILR & BRP card approved: 5th June 2013
ILR & BRP card received: 10th june 2013

I had very bad time last 9 months because of my work. I did only 20 hours every week but my company gave me hard time for right to work. Anyway its over now and I m freedom. Thanx and good luck everyone..

jony_dhaka

Post by jony_dhaka » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:43 am

Bio done 05-02-2013
Documents sent to HO
All passports and
Life in the UK test
. Alhamdulillah :D

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:37 pm

raf007 wrote:Hey..I got my ILR 10 years long residence at last, it took me 9 months 3 days. I applied tier-4 29th june as a student because I was shortage 2 months and 6 days to complete 10 years.

After that 7th of September I send another application for ILR 10 years long residence without passport.

You should've varied your application after 7th of September. Had you varied your application you'd have saved the fee you paid for Tier 4. Nevertheless, Congratulations!!!!

I got my passport back 8th January 2013 as a successful tier-4 then I resent 9th of January 2013 to Liverpool by my ILR reference..
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

remond
Newly Registered

Am I right or they are right?

Post by remond » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:11 pm

I posted earlier that my wife's application was refused under the new financial requirements. I was on student visa and my last leave to remain was granted 31 August 2012 where I applied on 31 january 2013 and my wife was my tier 4 dependant. As per my research I should come under old rules as last leave to application was granted following application made before 9 July .
But I went to see few lawyers all are saying I am under new rules. But didn't explain why. So I am trying to find out whether there is any catch there ? Any one has any better explanation regarding the issue ? Pls share thanks

Nb . wife entered in 2006 as a student dependant and application date for flrm was in oct 2012.

Uzo
Newly Registered

Post by Uzo » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:13 pm

Just called the Home Office regarding my ILR 10yr application. A lady told me that they are currently looking at October 2012 applications. Just thought I should share this information.

ak_akhan
Newly Registered

Post by ak_akhan » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:08 pm

Uzo wrote:Just called the Home Office regarding my ILR 10yr application. A lady told me that they are currently looking at October 2012 applications. Just thought I should share this information.

I called them yesterday as well, and they told me exactly the same thing... I applied in mid december

suzuka23

Post by suzuka23 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:38 pm

ak_akhan wrote:
Uzo wrote:Just called the Home Office regarding my ILR 10yr application. A lady told me that they are currently looking at October 2012 applications. Just thought I should share this information.

I called them yesterday as well, and they told me exactly the same thing... I applied in mid december

A_khan, could you tell us your timeline in order to add you on the skydrive. There have been quite a few December applicants getting their ILR last week

ak_akhan
Newly Registered

Post by ak_akhan » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:25 pm

suzuka23 wrote:
ak_akhan wrote:

A_khan, could you tell us your timeline in order to add you on the skydrive. There have been quite a few December applicants getting their ILR last week
My time line:
Application Sent - 17th Dec
Money taken: 21st Dec 12

BRP received: 17 Jan 13
Finger prints done: 18 Jan 13

rest waiting

kimnjuka

Post by kimnjuka » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:54 pm

ak_akhan wrote:
suzuka23 wrote:
ak_akhan wrote:

My time line:
Application Sent - 17th Dec
Money taken: 21st Dec 12

BRP received: 17 Jan 13
Finger prints done: 18 Jan 13

rest waiting

Dont worry i sent mine on the 21st Dec 2012 it took 5 months 1.5 weeks..its on its way love..before next month u would have received your docs and Brp card. :D God Bless you all who are waiting...

ppycrmt

Life in the UK test

Post by ppycrmt » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:53 pm

Hi,

Not very relevant, but are there any good websites for the Life in the UK practice test?

ppycrmt

Re: what doc u r planning to send?

Post by ppycrmt » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:58 pm

I am also applying in August, but it's not SET(O) anymore, it's SET(LR). They want tax reference, national insurance reference, doctor notes and other docs. I think I am going to just send them my previous passports, birth certificate, life test certificate (which I have yet to complete), and the form of course.
shoumeshd wrote:i am also applying on august 2013.what docs u are planning to send?

pretzel12 wrote:Hi everyone, long time lurker here.

I was wondering if anyone can assist with the question regarding the application requirements.

I've lived in the UK since September 2003 and am planning to send my ILR application in August, 2013. I am currently on the Post Study Work visa. No long absences, always applied by myself for my previous visas, never overstayed. In 2009, I was issued my first biometric card, it was taken away by the Home Office when I applied for my Post Study visa in 2011 and I was issued the new biometric card which I currently hold.

I don't have the copy of the previous biometric card, but I have its number and the letter from Home Office with that number on it. When I apply in August for ILR, will I need to supply Home Office with the copy of the card? I am asking because all my previous visas are in my passport except of course the biometric card info which covers my stay between 2009 and 2011. If yes, how do I go about this?

Many thanks!

GodGives
Member of Standing

Re: Life in the UK test

Post by GodGives » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:09 pm

ppycrmt wrote:Hi,

Not very relevant, but are there any good websites for the Life in the UK practice test?
Have a look at this website
http://www.theuktest.com/life-in-the-uk-test/1
Godgives

ppycrmt

Post by ppycrmt » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:52 pm

But did this website help you with the actual test? I have completed all the tests available on the page, but I am not sure if I have completed the correct practice test.

GodGives wrote:

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:04 pm

ppycrmt wrote:But did this website help you with the actual test? I have completed all the tests available on the page, but I am not sure if I have completed the correct practice test.

GodGives wrote:

It helps with the actual test. It has questions from the latest book from 25th march.
Godgives

aamiraziz
Newly Registered

Post by aamiraziz » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:52 pm

I applied 21 Dec, still waiting. 6 months fast approaching but I am not going to panic, it will eventually come :D
Last edited by aamiraziz on Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:08 am, edited 3 times in total.

aamiraziz
Newly Registered

Post by aamiraziz » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:56 pm

Just google it and practice it whereever you can, thats what I did. Few hours practice and I passed it. Think the questions recently changed but I believe if someone has lived here for 10 years they should know much of it anyway, rest is practice.

MM121
Newly Registered

Applied 5th December. Still waiting

Post by MM121 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:42 am

Guys I applied via solicitor as didn't wanna take any chances.

I phoned the solicitor and I was told by the receptionist if 6 months are passed since I applied. When I said yes, she said I hope u are not including weekends and bank holidays.

What's all that about I mean.

Has anyone else come accross this one?

I am told to wait another 2 months before my solicitor will contact UKBA.

I know and understand their work pressure but 6 months wait is a long enough time.

Any thoughts guys?

Best of luck to all.