ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 references

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sjataprolu
Newly Registered

MN1 references

Post by Sjataprolu » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:30 am

Hi,

I am applying naturalisation for my son and he is 18 months old. In MN1 form there is reference section which says that i need get a reference who is professional (i.e. health visitor, social worker...) and engaged with child for at least 6 months. I went to GP and health visitor but they refused to give.

he is going for toddlers club but that is from last 2 months. Because i am not able to get references from them. can i give references from my friends who are IT professionals?

Please help

Thanks,
Srinivas

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: MN1 references

Post by Amber » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:35 am

Sjataprolu wrote:Hi,

I am applying naturalisation for my son and he is 18 months old. In MN1 form there is reference section which says that i need get a reference who is professional (i.e. health visitor, social worker...) and engaged with child for at least 6 months. I went to GP and health visitor but they refused to give.

he is going for toddlers club but that is from last 2 months. Because i am not able to get references from them. can i give references from my friends who are IT professionals?

Please help

Thanks,
Srinivas
Your son will be registered not naturalised. But, if he was born in the UK then any professional will do as per Referees: List of acceptable professional persons for IT professionals they should be members of the British Computer Society (BCS).
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Sjataprolu
Newly Registered

Post by Sjataprolu » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:47 am

D4109125 wrote:

Please help

Thanks,
Srinivas
Your son will be registered not naturalised. But, if he was born in the UK then any professional will do as per Referees: List of acceptable professional persons for IT professionals they should be members of the British Computer Society (BCS).
Thank you for your reply. sorry i mean register.. because he was born here

xyz_abc
BANNED

Post by xyz_abc » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:14 pm

Please help

Thanks,
Srinivas
I spoke to a solicitor today and they said that they can give one reference and it will charge me £5!!!!

Also have been told by NCS that if one reference is willing to give their passport number then the second one need not to provide in their passport number!!! Any comments!!

vik_mad

reference AN

Post by vik_mad » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:54 pm

Hello, i have a situation on the referee:

my colleogue is ready to be as a referee (she is accountant and from SA) however she only knows me from last 2 years though she has been in the UK for around 5 years.

Would this be ok if she mentioned that if someone calls i can say she knows me for a longer time?

tks,

push
United Kingdom

Re: reference AN

Post by push » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:03 am

vik_mad wrote:Hello, i have a situation on the referee:

my colleogue is ready to be as a referee (she is accountant and from SA) however she only knows me from last 2 years though she has been in the UK for around 5 years.

Would this be ok if she mentioned that if someone calls i can say she knows me for a longer time?

tks,
she can be fined or jailed for knowingly providing incorrect information.
I understand that I may be liable for prosecution resulting in a penalty of up to 3 months imprisonment or a fine not exceeding £5,000 or both if I knowingly or recklessly make a false declaration
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer