ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

never ending!!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zeeKK
Newly Registered

never ending!!!

Post by zeeKK » Mon May 27, 2013 4:21 pm

My husbands hearing was on the 10th Apr 2013, we won! however still waiting for dhaka BHC to contact him regarding visa still no news nearly 7 weeks now :(

been 15months altogether since applying... and still waiting...

How long does it take for them to contact regarding visa??

thunderb0lt
United Kingdom

Re: never ending!!!

Post by thunderb0lt » Mon May 27, 2013 6:19 pm

zeeKK wrote:My husbands hearing was on the 10th Apr 2013, we won! however still waiting for dhaka BHC to contact him regarding visa still no news nearly 7 weeks now :(

been 15months altogether since applying... and still waiting...

How long does it take for them to contact regarding visa??
hello zeeKK

is your husband from Dhaka or Sylhet, or somewhere else? I'll be interested to know how long it takes to stamp and receive the passport back once they eventually send your husband the call letter. We are in the process of an appeal, tribunal hearing is imminient. Application was initially submitted at VFS Sylhet.

I'm not sure if you are aware of this but it can take 4 weeks for the BHC to receive the determination letter and upto an additional 8 weeks to process it: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... o/appeals/

Hopefully it won't take too long for you.

zeeKK
Newly Registered

Post by zeeKK » Tue May 28, 2013 12:02 am

Hi, thank you for the info. My husbands from sylhet, he submitted his paper in sylhet. When did you recieve the refusal? 😟 I just don't understand why this process is made sooo long and painful. I hope it works out for you. Good luck!

thunderb0lt
United Kingdom

Post by thunderb0lt » Tue May 28, 2013 8:18 am

We received refusal in September 2012. We then received notice of hearing date in early March, so the ECM made the most of the six month review period.

Can you please update this thread when your husband receives call letter together with time line to show how long it takes for him to receives returned stamped passport.

I will of course do the same.

Many thanks

zeeKK
Newly Registered

Post by zeeKK » Tue May 28, 2013 11:25 am

So far timelines like this:

Applied: 2nd Feb 2012

Refusal: Apr 17th 2012

Appeal: May 2012

Hearing letter recieved: Jan 29th 2013

Hearing date: Apr 10th 2013 ( Appeal granted)

Visa start process: ??

I will keep you updated. Have they given you a hearing date yet? Good luck :)

thunderb0lt
United Kingdom

Post by thunderb0lt » Tue May 28, 2013 9:10 pm

Thanks for your sharing your time line. Here's mine:

Applied: 16/05/2012
Date of Refusal: 12/09/2012
Appeal lodged: 08/10/2012
ECM review period end: 14/03/2013
Hearing date: 04/06/2013

Please update this thread once your husband receives the call letter, when he submits passport at VFS Syley and when he evtually received back the stamped passport.

Many thanks

ali_asad_pk

Post by ali_asad_pk » Wed May 29, 2013 2:33 pm

Hi zeeKK

Something similar happen to someone I know very closely

That person's one of parent's visit visa rejected and appeal took one year and then nothing heard from British High Commission for 4 months, some one advised him to ask his MP's help in UK and MP wrote one letter to FCO in UK to seek progress report about case and in same week they received call from British High Commission in Pakistan to send them passport for visa stamp

This is not much surprising, with same person, something else also happened, his sibling's student visa also refused, appeal took 18 months and then they did not hear anything from High Commission for a year, he used same trick as above and they were granted visa as well

So, if you are in UK then seek local MP's help and MP's one simple letter of two lines to FCO should be enough. If you will sit on BHC's mercy then time will never come

Regards

zeeKK
Newly Registered

Post by zeeKK » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:26 am

Thanks Ali Asad, alhamdulillah my husband got the call ysterday 12june, to hand his passport in couple of days. So insha allah he should be here soon!

zeeKK
Newly Registered

Post by zeeKK » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:28 am

Thunderbolt, the call came 12th june, he still hasnt recieved letter yet, apparently thats normal call comes first. Hope that helps. Best of luck 😊

thunderb0lt
United Kingdom

Post by thunderb0lt » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:37 am

Thanks for the update.

So you mean your husband received a telephone call but no actual call letter?

Congrats, your wait has finally come to an end!

What was the grounds of refusal if you don't mind me asking .

Thanks

zeeKK
Newly Registered

Post by zeeKK » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:08 pm

Hi, thank u so much, i can finally breath lol. yh he recieved call first but not the letter yet, we're was refused on the basis of my wages and and payslip, i didnt provide original copiess, only printed online version payslip, they thought it was fake.on that basis we was refused. thank god all has been rectified, took very long, but allah helped us. And urself?

thunderb0lt
United Kingdom

Post by thunderb0lt » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:43 pm

It's my brothers wife case but they were refused on a few grounds including failing to provide detailed bank statements and enough wage slip, evidence of contact etc. we attended hearing and now waiting for determination. Where is your husband from in sylhet .

zeeKK
Newly Registered

Post by zeeKK » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:22 pm

Alhamdulillah my husband recieved his visa and passport on the 1st july and came to the UK on the 6th july ☺. The embassy returned his passport in 2 weeks. My husbands from Shilam in sylhet.

thunderb0lt
United Kingdom

Post by thunderb0lt » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:34 pm

Thanks for the update. My brother's wife has been asked to submit her passport.

zeeKK
Newly Registered

Post by zeeKK » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:45 am

Congrats! :)

melbgirl
Newly Registered

Process at Tribunal

Post by melbgirl » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:10 am

Would you please post about how the tribunal ran?

Did you have to wait a long time to go in? How many other people were in the room with you? Did you hire lawyers for your appeal?

zeeKK
Newly Registered

Post by zeeKK » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:19 pm

The judge decides what case will go in order, so you could be first or last. Luckily my husbands case was first. Its an open court so anybody from the public can drop in, however its a small room, maximum probably 10 people. Also other clients and their barristers can be in the room, if their case is next. The room i was in there was only a client and his barrister, the judge, home office representative and myself. I took a barrister with me. I strongly recommend taking a barrister with you. I know the whole thing sounds daunting but In sha allah you will be fine. best of luck 😊