ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Paying the Visa application fee online

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

christine44

Paying the Visa application fee online

Post by christine44 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:49 pm

My husband (the applicant) does not have a bank card which allows online payments so I will need to pay the visa application fee using my bank card. I wrote to Worldbridge to check this would be ok but their reply is worded a bit strangley so I am still a bit unsure. Worldbridge said: Please note that if you do not have any of the cards which are accepted for the online payment you may ask your family members or friends to pay the visa fee with their card. It may not cause a problem that the card does not belong to the person who is requesting the visa.

It may not cause a problem ??? – what does that mean? I am hoping they mean It will not cause a problem, and not, It may cause a problem.

Has anyone else here paid the fee online using thier bank card (using visa4uk) on behalf of the applicant ?

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:35 pm

Many applicants have the fee paid by their partner/sponsor so it should not be a problem.

I am wondering if I need to take out a pay as you go credit card because I don't know if Visa debit cards work the same as Visa credit cards

christine44

Post by christine44 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:58 pm

I'm sure I seen somewhere that debit and credit cards are both accepted as long as they are Visa or Mastercard.