ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:25 pm

@Sanny...*hugs*...may God touch you for His our Comforter.All shall be well in Jesus name.Reckon there was too much going on in ur mind and yeah at times its good to release those tears.Cast all ur burdens unto the Lord,for He knows what u going through.Hope u feel better...*smiles*

@Justice...we thank God for making a way for u after such a long wait and enjoy ur freedom.All the best with the future!!That gives us hope that the long wait is about to be over....*sighs*

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:35 pm

Keisha wrote:@Sanny...*hugs*...may God touch you for His our Comforter.All shall be well in Jesus name.Reckon there was too much going on in ur mind and yeah at times its good to release those tears.Cast all ur burdens unto the Lord,for He knows what u going through.Hope u feel better...*smiles*

@Justice...we thank God for making a way for u after such a long wait and enjoy ur freedom.All the best with the future!!That gives us hope that the long wait is about to be over....*sighs*

Awww thanx keish and crystal.

lenn83

Post by lenn83 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:37 pm

sanny26 wrote:I woke up this morning and I just can't stop crying I felt hopeless every day I sat at home waiting and nothing,u called these people and everyday is the same thing is like no one cares,don't think I can do this anymore,I'm emotionally,physically and mentally drain,I can't sleep well at nites I lost my apetite I have taken off so much weight all because of this. I have tried everything and nothing works I swear I gona have to see my doctor soon because I over think till my head hurts!!
Dear Sanny hunny,
I know it's not easy because I'm in the same situation as you. But stay strong and positive, just like you always tell people to.. You don't get to see a rainbow after rain every single time, but you will for once. It is just the matter of time.. We're always here for you because you're one of the members of this big "family" xx

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:06 pm

I would like to remind everyone that we are fighting. If we show that we are weak, what message are we sending to H.O? That they are doing the right thing. Let's put our emotions aside and fight until victory is complete. Let's wipe our tears, quiet our cry, and hope that whatever the situation, we will prevail. We are sons and daughters of GOD, and He never gives up on us. He knows our limits and will not allow us to cross it.
I wish good luck to everyone and once again be strong because the fight could be long.

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:06 pm

I just received a letter from my mp(postman just came). In it he says thank u for contacting my office and I'm very sorry for the delays in resolving your case. I have now taken up the matter again,and I trust that this will ensure that I receive a further update shortly! What do u guys think about this letter?

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:20 pm

sanny26 wrote:I just received a letter from my mp(postman just came). In it he says thank u for contacting my office and I'm very sorry for the delays in resolving your case. I have now taken up the matter again,and I trust that this will ensure that I receive a further update shortly! What do u guys think about this letter?
Your Mp wil contact homeoffice for update on ur case
Godgives

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:35 pm

GodGives wrote:
sanny26 wrote:I just received a letter from my mp(postman just came). In it he says thank u for contacting my office and I'm very sorry for the delays in resolving your case. I have now taken up the matter again,and I trust that this will ensure that I receive a further update shortly! What do u guys think about this letter?

Ok I remember back in april my mp contact them and they didn't reply to my mp.

lenn83

Post by lenn83 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:35 pm

Better than my mp, contacted him few times but kept saying "nothing further we can do until we hear from home office".
SIGH...

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:44 pm

lenn83 wrote:
Better than my mp, contacted him few times but kept saying "nothing further we can do until we hear from home office".
SIGH...
Hey hun have u try the ombudsman route?

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:44 pm

@Alhaq thnk yoy

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:24 pm

sanny26 wrote:
GodGives wrote:

Ok I remember back in april my mp contact them and they didn't reply to my mp.
I think if the MP writes to H.O and they do not reply, you can suggest to him to contact the ombudsman. Things would then be different.

lenn83

Post by lenn83 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:56 am

sanny26 wrote:
lenn83 wrote:
SIGH...
I rang Ombudsman last week and the lady seemed very patience and helpful. But she said I must go through my mp if I want to use their service because it's a parliamentary service. I then emailed my mp and his assistant replied "I have mentioned in the previous emails , representation has made,and nothing further we can do until we hear from the home office". I've found this was bit rude and unhelpful, but I really don't know what else I can do.. *cry*

shakioye
Newly Registered

Flo (O), Parent to a British Citizen

Post by shakioye » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:22 am

Hello Everyone,

Am new to the forum

Please I need advice on Flo (O) based on private life and parent to a British Citizen child. I came into the UK 13 years ago and have been refused on many occasion. I have two children and my second son which is 8 month is a British citizen and I wan to apply on that basis. I don't have any family tie in my country of origin. I came in at age 18. Please how do I go about the application and what are the supporting document I need to submit with the form.

Awaiting your response

Thanks

GodGives
Member of Standing

Re: Flo (O), Parent to a British Citizen

Post by GodGives » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:46 am

shakioye wrote:Hello Everyone,

Am new to the forum

Please I need advice on Flo (O) based on private life and parent to a British Citizen child. I came into the UK 13 years ago and have been refused on many occasion. I have two children and my second son which is 8 month is a British citizen and I wan to apply on that basis. I don't have any family tie in my country of origin. I came in at age 18. Please how do I go about the application and what are the supporting document I need to submit with the form.

Awaiting your response

Thanks
It's best you go through a solicitor.
Godgives

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:53 pm

lenn83 wrote:
sanny26 wrote:
lenn83 wrote:
SIGH...
I rang Ombudsman last week and the lady seemed very patience and helpful. But she said I must go through my mp if I want to use their service because it's a parliamentary service. I then emailed my mp and his assistant replied "I have mentioned in the previous emails , representation has made,and nothing further we can do until we hear from the home office". I've found this was bit rude and unhelpful, but I really don't know what else I can do.. *cry*
When MP writes to H.O, they answer within six weeks. If they haven't, ask nicely your MP to write again. By doing so, you are building your case for the Ombudsman.

lenn83

Post by lenn83 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:58 pm

Chidy wrote:
lenn83 wrote:
sanny26 wrote:
lenn83 wrote: Better than my mp, contacted him few times but kept saying "nothing further we can do until we hear from home office".
SIGH...
When MP writes to H.O, they answer within six weeks. If they haven't, ask nicely your MP to write again. By doing so, you are building your case for the Ombudsman.
ahh..I thought is 2-3 weeks as mentioned in my mp's replies. Good to know this though. Thanks Chidy x

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:51 pm

Chidy wrote:
lenn83 wrote:
sanny26 wrote:
lenn83 wrote: Better than my mp, contacted him few times but kept saying "nothing further we can do until we hear from home office".
SIGH...

My mp wrote to them 23rd april and we r in june and they still didn't reply back to my mp probably that's y ma mp write that letter again to say that I should trust him this time because we will get a update shortly. Its also 15 days since I have done my pre action protocol letter and still no reply and by law they meant to reply to me within 14 days,I'm giving them by next week before I think about judicial review.

elastep

Post by elastep » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:06 pm

Hello people. Just to update and let you all know that my application was refused :cry: :cry:
My lawyer is going to write them a consideration latter next week and if they still refuse that, she is going to write them a pre-action protocal and then she will file for a judicial review which she said will be in our favour because this battle has been going on for almost 8years and that the case worker fail to consider all that before making a decision. :(
I have this mighty headach behind my eye socket, I have lost my appetite and I also feel as if the whole world has come to and end!!
I pray that God gives me the strenght to carry on fighting because right now I don't have any.
Application: flro ECHR article 8
applied: 12/12/2012.
Bio done: April 2013
Refused dated: 22 May 2013
PAP: 18/09/2013
JR: 03/10/2013
Outcome:

Only God knows what tomorrow may give birth to.

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:04 pm

elastep wrote:Hello people. Just to update and let you all know that my application was refused :cry: :cry:
My lawyer is going to write them a consideration latter next week and if they still refuse that, she is going to write them a pre-action protocal and then she will file for a judicial review which she said will be in our favour because this battle has been going on for almost 8years and that the case worker fail to consider all that before making a decision. :(
I have this mighty headach behind my eye socket, I have lost my appetite and I also feel as if the whole world has come to and end!!
I pray that God gives me the strenght to carry on fighting because right now I don't have any.
Am so sorry to hear this. What is ur story? Just have Faith in God it is well. What documents did you send to HO. finally what was the reason for refusal. Again I am so sorry about this decision
Godgives

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:06 am

elastep wrote:Hello people. Just to update and let you all know that my application was refused :cry: :cry:
Oh Elastep, I am sorry to hear about your news, I know how you feel. However, keep faith in God and always believe that there is always a light at the end of the tunnel. Keep positive and believe all this hardship would come to pass. God holds the keys to all answers. Take care

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:01 pm

Sorry to hear that. You need to be strong as they have only prolonged the battle. It is not easy to support that type of decision but do not give up.

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:38 pm

@ela....I'm sorry about that and I pray that they consider reversing the decision.God will make a way for you and never give up. What was the reason of the refusal,if u don't mind sharing??

The devil is a liar and don't let him get his way. All shall be well in jesus. Name!

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:17 pm

Keisha wrote:@ela....I'm sorry about that and I pray that they consider reversing the decision.God will make a way for you and never give up. What was the reason of the refusal,if u don't mind sharing??

The devil is a liar and don't let him get his way. All shall be well in jesus. Name!
@elastep very sorry about the decision on ur application. It's a battle we are all fighting. They may keep delaying the decisions we all want but we refuse to be denied!!!!
Be strong and try to be positive in the midst of this. It shall be well!!!

shakioye
Newly Registered

Re: Flo (O), Parent to a British Citizen

Post by shakioye » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:19 pm

GodGives wrote:
shakioye wrote:Hello Everyone,

Am new to the forum

Awaiting your response

Thanks
It's best you go through a solicitor.

Thanks a lot GodGives

verbina
Russia

free initial representation waiting times

Post by verbina » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:38 pm

Hello all! Hope everyone is having a great weekend and hopefully there will be good news in the post of many of us in the week ahead! (fingers crossed)

Belated congrats to those of you who had positive outcomes recently ( Cookie & Co)!

God give strength and patience to those of us who had been rejected lately or still playing the waiting game.... :(

Just wondered if anyone had any experience of a similar situation to mine or any thoughts or suggestions please :)

I was an overstayer initially. Gave birth to my daughter (who is now 12) ,
but due to domestic violence between her farther and I , I was forced to go back to my native Russia and attempt to instigate custody proceedings from there. Which didnt work out, so not wanting to be away from my child any longer I used a false document to enter UK illegally (as I feared my previous immigration history will make it difficult for me to get a British visa conventional way, despite my daughter).

To cut the long story short, I then went through 3 years of family courts in UK which resulted in my daughter being taken into care by Social Services as her father had some anger-management issues and my daughter couldnt be placed with me because of my non-existent immigration status.

Since the final Care Order had been made my daughter got her British passport , but at the moment the court orders for contact between my daughter and I are only 1 day per month (7 hours).

5 months ago UKBA enforcement Commandos raided my flat (that I shared with my best friend who is also Russian).

Consequently we were both detained and taken to Yarl's Wood, we have been given removal directions etc.

This is when I finally got solicitor involved and after a week in detention ( exactly the next day after my solicitor sent a free representation to UKBA on my behalf) I was released on a temporary admission to report bi-weekly at reporting centre.

Sadly enough my friend had remained in detention, then following a paid application (£1200) she was released on bail , then she was refused again, detained and deported back to Russia last week :(.

My question is: if we were detained at the same time how comes her case was over and done with so quickly.... I obviously understand the complexities of my own case and the need for extra time to investigate further into it. But its been 5 months now that I been reporting and I ve not had as much as biometrics letter from UKBA. Its totally frustrating not knowing whats going to happen and when.

Especially as my friend only had a matter of days to organise herself to leave the country after her application was refused.

Thank you very much for reading this and thank you in advance for your replies.