ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in the UK test

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Life in the UK test

Post by njoy1987 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:56 pm

Hi Guys

Hope everyone is enjoying the sun.

My question is to with Life in the UK test I will soon be applying for ILR and I took a test in march and passed but someone told me they have updated the test and My march 2013 test result is not valid can someone shed some light ? Many thanks

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: Life in the UK test

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:59 pm

njoy1987 wrote:Hi Guys

My question is to with Life in the UK test I will soon be applying for ILR and I took a test in march and passed but someone told me they have updated the test and My march 2013 test result is not valid can someone shed some light ? Many thanks
Don't worry. Your March'2013( Old Test) results are valid when you apply for your ILR. My ILR was approved on My December'12 results, recently.
Last edited by Kevin24 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:59 pm

Your test certificate will still be valid
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Anndeep

Lifein the UK test

Post by Anndeep » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:31 pm

How early can e give the life in UK test before applying for ILR. If my ILR is due in March 2015 then when is the earliest I can give it?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:42 pm

Whenever you feel you're ready.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: Life in the UK test

Post by sheraz7 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:21 pm

njoy1987 wrote:Hi Guys

Someone whoever told you might be referring to the change that will be added up from 28th October, 2013 in the form of new English language test. But before to it the existing life of uk test will be fine.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... uirements1
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Sahib

Post by Sahib » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:30 pm

I did mine in March 2013 (old Book) and i was told by the examiner that test will never expire until you lost it, in that case you have to sit for another one.
My replies are just personel suggestions and not substitute of a professional advice

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:37 pm

Many thanks guys

Prompt and helpful responses like everytime :)

nm
Member of Standing

Post by nm » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:04 am

Hi,

I am planning to apply for Life in the UK test in another couple of weeks and I have been going through the official handbook. The books looks hard for me and I just wanted to know how the questions will be in the test? . General part of the books looks better for me including the Politics, Government Systems, Day to day life in UK etc except the History and Sports personalities.

Few are my concerns

- Are all the historical names / Sport personalities’ names needs to be remembered?

- How the questions structured on the exams?

- Have the majority of questions come from history / sports? Since I fee these are hard areas to remember, I also needs to remember all the years for the events happened?

Appreciated if someone could guide me

deleted_user

Post by deleted_user » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:11 pm

For those of you having trouble with history, I'm reading this book and it has some really good answers. Not sure I'll pass, but I sure am having a lot of fun.

Name Britain's highest award for bravery?
Nelsons Column.

What was introduced in the Children's Charter of 1980?
Children.

Upon ascending the throne, what was the first thing Queen Elizabeth II did?
Sit Down.

What does the National Grid do?
Cook sausages to perfection.

What happens during a census?
During the census a man goes from door to door and increases the population.

Spring

Post by Spring » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:50 pm

nm wrote:Hi,

I am planning to apply for Life in the UK test in another couple of weeks and I have been going through the official handbook. The books looks hard for me and I just wanted to know how the questions will be in the test? . General part of the books looks better for me including the Politics, Government Systems, Day to day life in UK etc except the History and Sports personalities.

Few are my concerns

- Are all the historical names / Sport personalities’ names needs to be remembered?

- Have the majority of questions come from history / sports? Since I fee these are hard areas to remember, I also needs to remember all the years for the events happened?

NM,

Have you come across the following link (many thanks to vinny):

http://www.uk-citizenship-test.com/

Those practice questions made learning fun and easy!

All the best.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:39 pm

Few are my concerns

You cannot ignore any part of the syllabus for this Exam. Best way to prepare Practice questions as many as possible number of times.and then read the Handbook.
KEVIN

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:59 pm

Few are my concerns

I did the practice test questions from www.preparetheuktest.co.uk. Passed the Test. No problems.
KEVIN

Emrah

Post by Emrah » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:47 pm

Kevin24 wrote:

Few are my concerns

I did the practice test questions from www.preparetheuktest.co.uk. Passed the Test. No problems.
www.preparetheuktest.co.uk

your link wasnt opening cos of the dot at the end :)

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:41 pm

Emrah wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:

Few are my concerns

www.preparetheuktest.co.uk

your link wasnt opening cos of the dot at the end :)
Sorry Mate! It should be www.prepareuktest.co.uk. Thank you
KEVIN

Spring

Post by Spring » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:02 pm

Kevin24 wrote:

Few are my concerns

You cannot ignore any part of the syllabus for this Exam. Best way to prepare Practice questions as many as possible number of times.and then read the Handbook.
Agreed with Kevin.

All you need to learn is in the "Life in the United Kingdom - A guide for new residents, 3rd Edition".

Also, as the saying goes, "practice makes perfect", so the key to passing the Life in the UK test, in my humble opinion is to do lots of practice questions.

Personally, I've found the 600 free practice questions on http://www.uk-citizenship-test.com/abouttest.html (many thanks to Vinny) I've suggested earlier useful, making learning fun and easy!

[/url]

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:13 pm

Spring wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:

Few are my concerns

Agreed with Kevin.

All you need to learn is in the "Life in the United Kingdom - A guide for new residents, 3rd Edition".

Also, as the saying goes, "practice makes perfect", so the key to passing the Life in the UK test, in my humble opinion is to do lots of practice questions.

Personally, I've found the 600 free practice questions on http://www.uk-citizenship-test.com/abouttest.html (many thanks to Vinny) I've suggested earlier useful, making learning fun and easy!

[/url]
Excellent Website. Pity I was not aware of these questions, when I sat for the Test.
KEVIN

nm
Member of Standing

Post by nm » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:05 pm

The test is based on chapters 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 of a handbook (third edition) "Life in the UK Handbook 3rd Edition
I have referred the above from http://www.theuktest.com/ and wanted to know referring the chapters mentioned above will help to pass the test ?