ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Some help about immigration

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

xtrm83
Newly Registered

Some help about immigration

Post by xtrm83 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:33 pm

Hi everyone,

May I have your attention and kindness to help me with the following matter:

My partner and I, we are planning to move from Venezuela to the UK in the upcoming months. I hold a spanish passport and she does have her venezuelan passport that allows her to come to the UK as a tourist for a maximum of 6 months.

She wants to work and be a legal resident in the UK without being married. We were told on the UK Embassy that, in order to do this, we would have to apply for a EEA4 Family Permit. I feel that the embassy is trying to make a profit of this, since they want to charge us in order to do this and I've heard there are no charges for a EEA2 permit.

We have been together for the past 3/4 years in Venezuela. I've also previously lived in the UK between 2003/2005.

Is there anything else we can do about this? I want the opinion of the guru's in this matter and I will kindly appreciate every single comment on this.

Regards,

Moi

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:47 pm

Family permits are free so not sure where you are getting this information from.
pennyless

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:07 pm

If you are not married, then until the UKBA approves her application, she can't work in the UK. As EEA2 application can take upto 6 months, it is better for her to apply first for a EEA Family Permit from abroad. This will give her a 6 months visa which will allow her to work from day 1.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:30 pm

Please be open an honest with everyone if you expect help. It is much easier that way. If you are asking for help on behalf of friends, please state so.

(Other posts indicated that you were Italian, married to Colombian, etc).

xtrm83
Newly Registered

Post by xtrm83 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:42 pm

Thank you to all of those who replied to my query.
In regards of the help provided, indeed, my friend used MY ACCOUNT, im certainly italian, married to a colombian to do his question. What in earth is the big matter with that?

I expect people to help, so that's why I suggested to use my account, never expected anyone to tell me off because of a question. :roll:

Thank you very much to all of those who helped :)

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:58 pm

Using an account to post other's questions is not preferred. It is much better for the person to open their own account. At the very least, if one is going to ask questions on behalf of others, please be open about it.

xtrm83
Newly Registered

Post by xtrm83 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:23 pm

Same way that yours is stalking by looking at previous consults and answers provided. I start wondering if you do that on everyone then. I'm off from here Mr library man, I'm sorry for taking your book with a different ID I promise it won't happen again