ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need help... very urgent

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

khali8

Need help... very urgent

Post by khali8 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:14 pm

First my details:
came to Uk in 2008 on student visa
got married with EU national mar 2011
got my RC July 2011.
So from mar 2011 til now we have been living together and working full time. but from few months when my wife went to her country to see her parents she cheated me and starting dating with another guy and now she is pregnant with him and the guy has also come in the UK and she wants divorce from me..she has destroyed me completely. so i need ur help.. Is there any survival way for me????

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:16 pm

Yea, divorce her and move on in life.

rodrimarto

Re: Need help... very urgent

Post by rodrimarto » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:43 pm

khali8 wrote:First my details:
got my RC July 2011.
So from mar 2011 til now we have been living together and working full time. but from few months when my wife went to her country to see her parents she cheated me and starting dating with another guy and now she is pregnant with him and the guy has also come in the UK and she wants divorce from me..she has destroyed me completely. so i need ur help.. Is there any survival way for me????
Have the divorce proceedings already started ? If you can hang in there until March 2014 then you are fine provided that she is working at the time of the divorce. The rules is that in order to retain your right to reside, you need to have being married to the eea national for 3 years minimum and lived together for at least 1 year in the Uk. Also it is important that your ex wife is working when the divorce is made final.

khali8

Post by khali8 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:25 pm

Ayyubi72 wrote:Yea, divorce her and move on in life.
by divorcing her how will i retain my rights in this country?? as our marriage has only lasted for 2 years so far?? I have got a good job here so i dont wanna lose my stay...

khali8

Post by khali8 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:39 pm

rodrimarto wrote:
got my RC July 2011.
Have the divorce proceedings already started ? If you can hang in there until March 2014 then you are fine provided that she is working at the time of the divorce. The rules is that in order to retain your right to reside, you need to have being married to the eea national for 3 years minimum and lived together for at least 1 year in the Uk. Also it is important that your ex wife is working when the divorce is made final.
No,, the divorce procedure has not started yet..she said right now you can take informal separation from me but after 3years she wants divorce.. so i am confused with the separation stuff coz she is also going to tell the local council and HMRC office that she is separated with me and living separately then she would be able to apply for child tax credit, working tax credit as coz of new born baby from another man which is about £500 benefits monthly on top of her wages. Because before that she was not used to get these benefits coz we both working full time. Now she will have these benefits as by showing separation (not divorce), will live with her new boyfriend and next year after march she said we will go for divorce and she will provide me all the documents so i can retain my rights.
Now here my question is:
Will separation put any adverse effect on my ROR application next year?? Will these Local council and tax office inform UKBA straight away or at the time of my ROR application about my separation????

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:36 pm

Will separation put any adverse effect on my ROR application next year?? Will these Local council and tax office inform UKBA straight away or at the time of my ROR application about my separation????

Home office can check all records internally and externally.Hmrc are linked with home office.

rodrimarto

Post by rodrimarto » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:49 pm

khali8 wrote:
rodrimarto wrote:
got my RC July 2011.
No,, the divorce procedure has not started yet..she said right now you can take informal separation from me but after 3years she wants divorce.. so i am confused with the separation stuff coz she is also going to tell the local council and HMRC office that she is separated with me and living separately then she would be able to apply for child tax credit, working tax credit as coz of new born baby from another man which is about £500 benefits monthly on top of her wages. Because before that she was not used to get these benefits coz we both working full time. Now she will have these benefits as by showing separation (not divorce), will live with her new boyfriend and next year after march she said we will go for divorce and she will provide me all the documents so i can retain my rights.
Now here my question is:

Separation doesn't affect your ROR. As long as you have lived together in the UK for at least 1 year and that you stayed Married for 3 years you are fine provided that your wife is exercising her treaty right at the time of divorce.
As long as she is working, claiming all those benefits (child tax credit and working tax)shouldn't affect you.

rodrimarto

Post by rodrimarto » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:53 pm

rodrimarto wrote:
khali8 wrote:
rodrimarto wrote:
got my RC July 2011.
Now here my question is:

Separation doesn't affect your ROR. As long as you have lived together in the UK for at least 1 year and that you stayed Married for 3 years you are fine provided that your wife is exercising her treaty right at the time of divorce.
As long as she is working, claiming all those benefits (child tax credit and working tax)shouldn't affect you.

However you might need to check this the gurus here on go to a lawyer....

khali8

Post by khali8 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:02 pm

plz all the gurus and moderators plz look at my application

khali8

Post by khali8 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:06 pm

rodrimarto wrote:
rodrimarto wrote:
khali8 wrote:
rodrimarto wrote:
Now here my question is:

However you might need to check this the gurus here on go to a lawyer....
Ok... if somehow i convince my wife even not to go for separation.. then after 3years at the time of divorce Dont you think the new born baby (which she had from another man by cheating me) put any affect on my divorce??? Dont they ask me if you knew that he was not ur kid why was you still living with your wife? And why didnt u apply for divorce on that time when you found out that he was not ur kid, its some1 else???

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:45 pm

You can't predict,home office can take it in to different angles.
Last edited by Imshzd on Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:51 pm

Does not matter if you accept your wife's adultery.

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:52 pm

[quote=.[/quote]

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:53 pm

Imshzd wrote:Problem is not a new born baby.problem is her treaty rights .

khali8

Post by khali8 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:48 pm

Imshzd wrote:Does not matter if you accept your wife's adultery.
(Does not matter if you accept your wife's adultery)
Explain it plz

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:24 pm

Does not matter if you don't mind your wife's cheating,dating and would love her pregnancy.
Why home office mind it?
unless this relation is one of the sham.

khali8

Post by khali8 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:15 am

Imshzd wrote:Does not matter if you don't mind your wife's cheating,dating and would love her pregnancy.
Why home office mind it?
unless this relation is one of the sham.
no.. the problem is why would i take care of kid which is not mine??? The kid real father is already demanding to look after his kid himself with my wife,, they would not let me come in between...So can i go for divorce without mentioning that illegitimate kid???

khali8

Post by khali8 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:33 pm

please help all the moderators and gurus

rachellynn1972
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rachellynn1972 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:26 pm

I dont know you asking the same question over and over again. Eea residence goes by rules of law and regulations. You are only entitld to ror if you and your eea national have live in the uk together for 1yr and the marriage have lasted for 3yrs before a divource absolute decree is issued by the court. Under eu law, you dont have to live together under the same roof unlike the spousal visa, you have a residence card under eu law not the a visa. If you pass the eu rules you will get ror, home office by law cannot dictate how you and your eea spouse should live, your marriage certificate said it all. You are a family member of an eea until a absolute decree is issued. Just pray your marriage last 3yrs and your eea spouse is exercising her eu right throughout the 3yrs. By that and by eu law, you will be fine.
beloved is the belief that there are inherent differences in people's traits and capacities that are entirely due to their race, however defined, and that, as a consequence, justify the different treatment of those people, both socially and legally.

khali8

Post by khali8 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:10 pm

rachellynn1972 wrote:I dont know you asking the same question over and over again. Eea residence goes by rules of law and regulations. You are only entitld to ror if you and your eea national have live in the uk together for 1yr and the marriage have lasted for 3yrs before a divource absolute decree is issued by the court. Under eu law, you dont have to live together under the same roof unlike the spousal visa, you have a residence card under eu law not the a visa. If you pass the eu rules you will get ror, home office by law cannot dictate how you and your eea spouse should live, your marriage certificate said it all. You are a family member of an eea until a absolute decree is issued. Just pray your marriage last 3yrs and your eea spouse is exercising her eu right throughout the 3yrs. By that and by eu law, you will be fine.
thanks. mate,,, as u mentioned in your reply (your eea spouse is exercising her eu right throughout the 3yrs. By that and by eu law, you will be fine.) My wife is on maternity leave coz of baby is due in 2weeks and she will going to be off for 9 to 10months to look after the new baby.. so will her maternity leave for 9 months put anyaffect on my ROR application??

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:25 pm

khali8 wrote:
rachellynn1972 wrote:I dont know you asking the same question over and over again. Eea residence goes by rules of law and regulations. You are only entitld to ror if you and your eea national have live in the uk together for 1yr and the marriage have lasted for 3yrs before a divource absolute decree is issued by the court. Under eu law, you dont have to live together under the same roof unlike the spousal visa, you have a residence card under eu law not the a visa. If you pass the eu rules you will get ror, home office by law cannot dictate how you and your eea spouse should live, your marriage certificate said it all. You are a family member of an eea until a absolute decree is issued. Just pray your marriage last 3yrs and your eea spouse is exercising her eu right throughout the 3yrs. By that and by eu law, you will be fine.
thanks. mate,,, as u mentioned in your reply (your eea spouse is exercising her eu right throughout the 3yrs. By that and by eu law, you will be fine.) My wife is on maternity leave coz of baby is due in 2weeks and she will going to be off for 9 to 10months to look after the new baby.. so will her maternity leave for 9 months put anyaffect on my ROR application??

It's better if you discuss with the solicitor.

fatimahh
Member of Standing
Mood:
Guinea

Post by fatimahh » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:25 am

You may want to read this thread from Obie before taking any actions

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=119478
GOD BLESS!!!