ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

*** Elderly / Adult Dependent - HELP SHAPE THE FUTURE POLICY

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

LankanFunkin

*** Elderly / Adult Dependent - HELP SHAPE THE FUTURE POLICY

Post by LankanFunkin » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:32 am

All,

I am re-posting this post made by Britcits:

You may be aware there is a parliamentary debate on family immigration, next week. A group has gotten in touch with me particularly asking for stories of people affected by the adult dependant - elderly parent - route, so they can raise this in the debate next week.

Please, this is OUR CHANCE. Send in your story..first name is fine, along with constituency, and an outline of your situation, why you want your parent(s) to move to the UK and how the rules prevent you from doing so. Urgent pls! We need to show the immigration rules are not just impacting those with non EU spouses.

BritCits@gmail.com

Ideally today!!

I can say with certainty that this is in an effort to get more publicity on the cruel (impossible?) hurdles posed by the UKBA. Every bit of publicity will help, so please, even if you are just starting to explore this path, share your story with Britcits. Britcits is constantly on email, so feel free to shoot over questions if you are unsure of what level of detail you need.

Mods, please forgive the re-post. I wouldn't do this unless I felt it could be a game changer.

deleted_user

Post by deleted_user » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:57 pm

Also, please ask your MP to attend this parliamentary debate on the family migration rules ASAP. Template letter is provided by MRN.

http://www.migrantsrights.org.uk/family ... parliament

LankanFunkin

Post by LankanFunkin » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:46 pm

Great call on that dimension7! Everyone, put your MP to work for you!

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:44 pm

Thanks for posting this important information. I have printed the letter and going to post it to my MP.

I want to do my bit, but unfortunately in this present climate, immigration is a big issue, and "strict on immigration" is a popular product for sale in the politics shop.

There might be a possibility of minor changes here and there, but altogether I do not think that any substantial changes to make immigration rules "easier" would ever take place.

Labour made a big chicken up of immigration. Record number of asylum application during their failure, then they could never get their act round to remove failed asylum seekers. In the end had to give amnesty with the name of "legacy". Also allowing full right to new eu member states, so called A8 and choosing not to exercise transitional arrangements. All this resulted in god knows how many hundreds of thousands of people in the UK.

Now genuine family migrants are having to pay for all the chicken-ups.

LankanFunkin

Post by LankanFunkin » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:05 pm

I think the APPG report, and the swiftly scheduled debate is much needed good news. Writing to your MP and saying just why it is important for them to represent you is key, but there are lots of other things we can do to strike while the iron is still hot. I'm new to the lobbying scene, but I've gotten to know a few good people who are already on the ground and trying to invoke change. If others are willing to join, PM me and I will connect you.

We need strength in numbers.