ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 G Visa. Few days left! Please advice.

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ukbaheadache
Newly Registered

Tier 2 G Visa. Few days left! Please advice.

Post by ukbaheadache » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:29 am

Hi,
I am currently or I was on a Tier 2 G visa, valid until 30/11/ 2013.
I was made redundant 20 April and my Ex-Sponsor informed UKBA on 3rd May 2013.
So far, I haven’t received any communication from them with regard to the 60 days to leave, which is next week.
I am still looking for another sponsor, and wanted to know what shall I do What are the different options available to me as this is consuming my existence.
Thanks

ukbaheadache
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 G Visa. Few days left! Please advice.

Post by ukbaheadache » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:39 pm

ukbaheadache wrote:Hi,
I am currently or I was on a Tier 2 G visa, valid until 30/11/ 2013.
I was made redundant 20 April and my Ex-Sponsor informed UKBA on 3rd May 2013.
So far, I haven’t received any communication from them with regard to the 60 days to leave, which is next week.
I am still looking for another sponsor, and wanted to know what shall I do What are the different options available to me as this is consuming my existence.
Thanks
Any help / Tips / Consideration with the above ?
Thanks guys for replying.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:57 pm

was your current visa issued before of after 23 May 2011?
For the relevance of this question see page 32 here:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

and see page 31 of the same document about the length of the process of curtailment. The HO are unlikely to decide to curtail your visa until at least 28 days after they have been notified by the sponsor of your termination and the 60 days counts from the date of the HO decision to curtail, not from the date of the employer's notification.

ukbaheadache
Newly Registered

Post by ukbaheadache » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:43 pm

Thanks a lot for your reply.
1. The visa was issued in 2010, clearly before 23 May 2011.
2. I haven,t received any communication from them. I am not also sure if they have my latest address, but my ex employer do and are sending letter through this address
3.correct me if I am wrong: They were aware on my redundancy on the 3rd of May. If i followed your argumentation, they were supposed to get in touch with me on the 1st of June regarding the curtailing leave. They did not as i haven't received anything. if the quick off of the 60 days starts after the curtailing date, that means i can still be here till 1st of August... Can you confirm my statement ?
4. Since i will have less than six months left on my visa to expire from the assumed [curtailing leave] of 1 of June, do you think there is a chance than they won't do it or the six months are calculated from my last day with my ex employer?
Many thanks

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:58 am

ukbaheadache wrote:Thanks a lot for your reply.
1. The visa was issued in 2010, clearly before 23 May 2011.
2. I haven,t received any communication from them. I am not also sure if they have my latest address, but my ex employer do and are sending letter through this address Have you changed your address since 3 May? If you have, and UKBA don't know your new address, they cannot communicate with you. If your address has not changed since you left employment, and assuming the employer reported it to UKBA when it changed, just wait for UKBA to contact you.

3.correct me if I am wrong: They were aware on my redundancy on the 3rd of May. If i followed your argumentation, they were supposed to get in touch with me on the 1st of June regarding the curtailing leave. No, it is at least 28 days, it can be longer They did not as i haven't received anything. if the quick off of the 60 days starts after the curtailing date, that means i can still be here till 1st of August... Can you confirm my statement the 60 days start on the date when the decision to curtail is made by UKBA
?
4. Since i will have less than six months left on my visa to expire from the assumed [curtailing leave] of 1 of June, do you think there is a chance than they won't do it or the six months are calculated from my last day with my ex employer?Many thanks