ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

applying for visitor visa simultaneously

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vidya

applying for visitor visa simultaneously

Post by vidya » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:03 pm

is it possible while HSMP application is under consideration :?

KAYC

Post by KAYC » Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:04 pm

Yes , very much possible .
you can even apply a student visa !

vidya

Post by vidya » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:18 am

is it possible after HSMP approval comes through , to first apply for a visitor visa and then go for immigration clearance , say , 2 months later ...sorry for this weird doubt , i have applied for HSMP last week and my office is sending me on a one week business trip to UK in june ..

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:20 am

vidya wrote:is it possible after HSMP approval comes through , to first apply for a visitor visa and then go for immigration clearance , say , 2 months later ...sorry for this weird doubt , i have applied for HSMP last week and my office is sending me on a one week business trip to UK in june ..
Business trip on a Visitors visa??? :shock:

KAYC

Post by KAYC » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:06 am

vidya wrote:is it possible after HSMP approval comes through , to first apply for a visitor visa and then go for immigration clearance , say , 2 months later ...sorry for this weird doubt , i have applied for HSMP last week and my office is sending me on a one week business trip to UK in june ..
It's up to you to use HSMP approval letter to get EC and enter UK as HSMP holder within the time limit given by HO. Let's suppose you have a HSMP approval letter and you don't want to use it in next 5 months and meanwhile you want to go to UK for a visit on a visitor visa , you can also do so. You can apply for any visa disregarding your HSMP approval letter before its expiry and still you can use it latter.

vidya

Post by vidya » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:16 am

thanks Kayc

olisun , there is a one week business conference for which my office applies normally for short term visa ...sorry , i was not sure whether it is called "business visitor visa" or business visa or visitor visa ..but the doubt was whether we can apply and travel on short term visa while HSMP is in progress