ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Making ILR application need help for cohabitation doc

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

john_white
Newly Registered

Making ILR application need help for cohabitation doc

Post by john_white » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:34 pm

Hello everybody

can someone please let me i am currently i am on Tier 1 (general) with spouse and child born in UK. i am due to apply for ILR in coming 10th july my wife she is living with me from last 6 year.

i have got very limited documents to prove cohabitation the documents i have got are:

1). 3 years of tenancy agreement with both names on it.
2). her bank statement only covering one year where as i have got other statement but they are from our last address actually i forgot to change address.
3) letter from GP mentioning she is been register with surgery from 2007 and her current addresss is...
4). letters from Home office at our current address when we had extension.

can anybody please help me please please help

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Making ILR application need help for cohabitation doc

Post by Amber » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:40 pm

john_white wrote:Hello everybody

can someone please let me i am currently i am on Tier 1 (general) with spouse and child born in UK. i am due to apply for ILR in coming 10th july my wife she is living with me from last 6 year.

i have got very limited documents to prove cohabitation the documents i have got are:

2). her bank statement only covering one year where as i have got other statement but they are from our last address actually i forgot to change address.
3) letter from GP mentioning she is been register with surgery from 2007 and her current addresss is...

When was the last extension given for your wife?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

john_white
Newly Registered

Post by john_white » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:00 am

D4109125 wrote:

When was the last extension given for your wife?
thank you for looking at my post.

last extension was on 02 july 2011 and she was with me that time here. i am aware of it that i have to give profs form last extension however i have only above mentioned documents to prove that she is been living with me.

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Post by shahid2000 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:55 pm

I think you are just on the borderline. You should really really try to gather more documents - here are few ideas.
Are you registered for electrol list - get a letter from them.
registered for council tax?
car insurance? - or apply for a free insurance quote in both of your names so at least you will have one letter with both name.
any internet shopping recipts?
mobile phone bills?
any other bills?
promotion letters from stores etc.
You have got to have letters from NHS because childbirth starts a whole series of checkups and reminders etc.

Also I would not recommend you to include bank statement which has wrong address because this will complicate things. For example if they see another letter from same period with a different address this will seem suspicious.

good luck mate.

mani2013

Post by mani2013 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:26 pm

You can use your child's full birth certificate as a proof aswell. I think you should be fine along with the documents that you already have.

chelsea2014

Post by chelsea2014 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:50 pm

shahid2000 wrote:I think you are just on the borderline. You should really really try to gather more documents - here are few ideas.
car insurance? - or apply for a free insurance quote in both of your names so at least you will have one letter with both name.
mobile phone bills?
any other bills?
You have got to have letters from NHS because childbirth starts a whole series of checkups and reminders etc.

Also I would not recommend you to include bank statement which has wrong address because this will complicate things. For example if they see another letter from same period with a different address this will seem suspicious.

good luck mate.
Hi I am also in same situation where I do not have much cohabitation documentation but my wife received lots of NHS letters and hospital letters for my daughters since birth but they didn't specify her name but rather they address as: To parents of <my daughters names>. Would this suffice?

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Post by shahid2000 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:40 pm

chelsea2014 wrote:
shahid2000 wrote:I think you are just on the borderline. You should really really try to gather more documents - here are few ideas.
mobile phone bills?
any other bills?

good luck mate.
Hi I am also in same situation where I do not have much cohabitation documentation but my wife received lots of NHS letters and hospital letters for my daughters since birth but they didn't specify her name but rather they address as: To parents of <my daughters names>. Would this suffice?
No mate i dont think they will count (its just my opinion, UKBA requirement is not clear on this). Mothers also normally get letters for various check ups etc.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:48 pm

Evidence spread evenly is key. Since your last extension was ~2 years ago you should aim for a joint letter or one each for every 4 months. The total should be ideally from at least 3 different sources. However, whatever you have got will have to do. Letters like credit card statements, bank statements, nhs letters, hmrc letters etc... Are good.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

john_white
Newly Registered

Post by john_white » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:51 pm

mobile phone bills?
any other bills?

good luck mate.
thanks Shahid2000

i have manage to find out electrol register 2012-13 with my name and my wife name mentioned on it.

have not receievd any paper from NHS for my son on address we are living on from last two years.

this is fortunate that every single bill is on my name i have jus add my wife into my water bill address.

i have received many letter this year from school admission of my son where only my name is mentioned.

my wife had mobile phone contract however we just came to know that bill address was still last address no updated by us. we know that we are in trouble now
is anyone had similar situation

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:53 pm

Pl. read experiences of in this Forum. Then check your documents you have with those documents. I am sure you will be able to find some more.Good Luck.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:45 pm

You could add your Marriage Certificate.
KEVIN

john_white
Newly Registered

Post by john_white » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:03 pm

Kevin24 wrote:You could add your Marriage Certificate.
thanks Kevin24

i have got marriage certificate i will add that too thanks again for suggestion

vivdubes

Post by vivdubes » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:26 pm

If you got UK driving license those can also be used, apart from that any letter which has your wife name on it can also be used. It is not important that you should have for every month, if you can show them per quarter that should also be fine. The intention is only to check that this marriage is not marriage of convenience which is kind of abusing the immigration system. Above all the biggest proof would be the extension itself which was given 2 years back so carry all that and you would be fine. I dont see this to be a big hurdle. Good luck and do share your experience..

chelsea2014

Post by chelsea2014 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:35 pm

vivdubes wrote:If you got UK driving license those can also be used, apart from that any letter which has your wife name on it can also be used. It is not important that you should have for every month, if you can show them per quarter that should also be fine. The intention is only to check that this marriage is not marriage of convenience which is kind of abusing the immigration system. Above all the biggest proof would be the extension itself which was given 2 years back so carry all that and you would be fine. I dont see this to be a big hurdle. Good luck and do share your experience..
Thanks vivdubes, a friend that did his also said that the extension is also a proof.

john_white
Newly Registered

Post by john_white » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:44 pm

thanks guys

i have got that extension paper work with me i have got all document which i received from home office in last five years

john_white
Newly Registered

Post by john_white » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:22 pm

john_white wrote:thanks guys

i have got that extension paper work with me i have got all document which i received from home office in last five years
can i give home-office letters which i had received in last 5 years as a prof of cohabitation

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:54 pm

john_white wrote:thanks guys

Hi! As per My request jamil05 has given a list of Co-Hab documents he submitted. See whether you have any of those,to add to your list.
KEVIN

nm
Member of Standing

Post by nm » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:23 pm

Hi,

How we request this from NHS? Appreciated if someone could share their experience in getting this letter.

[/quote]

john_white
Newly Registered

Post by john_white » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:39 pm

nm wrote:

Hi,

How we request this from NHS? Appreciated if someone could share their experience in getting this letter.
[/quote]

hi there

i got this letter from my GP surgery where my wife is resister

john_white
Newly Registered

Post by john_white » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:28 pm

D4109125 wrote:Evidence spread evenly is key. Since your last extension was ~2 years ago you should aim for a joint letter or one each for every 4 months. The total should be ideally from at least 3 different sources. However, whatever you have got will have to do. Letters like credit card statements, bank statements, nhs letters, hmrc letters etc... Are good.
hello D4109125

i have got my wife bank statement from august 2012 till recent however there is a slight problem we did not notice =d it that when she came here first time and when open bank account because here passport has a tittle of miss so bank opened account with miss but we forgot to change it uptill last month do you think that it will effect us..