ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I need some reassurance

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ya75khan
Newly Registered

I need some reassurance

Post by ya75khan » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:24 pm

Hi Guys I need some reassurance.

We are in the situation that I have applied for naturalization for my wife and since then I have relocated to UAE. Wife was supposed to join me once she gets the approval letter ( usually takes two months). But it seems that the application is taking a lot longer.

Case was really straight forward as follows.

Wife arrived on the spouse visa on 23rd April 2010. She left after staying a week and returned back after 5 weeks i.e. 6th of June 2010.

Since then she has hardly been out of UK.

We applied for her ILR in 2012 and we received it October 2012.

This year, we book appointment with NCS on 23rd of April so our application reached home office on 24th. (thus fulfilling the condition of being in the country exactly three years ago).

We received acknowledgement letter dated 27th April 2013 and fees was debited on 29th April.

Questions.

1. Can anyone spot any potential issue in the above circumstance that may leave to delay or refusal of the application?

2. We are happy to allow the naturalization process to take it time. (six months or longer). In the meanwhile wife can join me in UAE in the meanwhile and will go back to UK to ceremony and passport. ( if this cant be done in UAE).

3. However if she moves out and her application got rejected after six months of deliberation, (which would be in October 2013). Then we wont be able to re-apply as in October 2013 she would have spent more than 90 days outside the UK.

Can someone confirm that my thought process is right and I am not missing anything?

I know that it is difficult to predict the outcome of the application. However in addition to the above explained circumstances, there are no adverse elements ( e.g. no licence points, offences or benefits claims etc).

In these circumstances how safe would it be to assume that the application will eventually be successful ( even thought it is taking longer) and hence she can take a calculated risk of coming out to UAE. ?

Please oblige by your detailed insight............

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:05 pm

Unfortunately I misplaced my crystal ball so I can't help you much.

If you are British, she can transfer her ceremony abroad. She doesn't need to stay in the UK.

Only a small percentage of applications are refused and the main reasons are good character and residence requirements. If she meets both, she will be fine.

Depending on the refusal, she could reapply. The 90 says requirement can be waived at the discretion of the caseworker.

ya75khan
Newly Registered

Thanks Jumbo

Post by ya75khan » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:51 pm

I wanted a second opinion which you have kindly provided.

With the circumstances I described above. i.e. date of entry in the country and our date of application etc. Can you spot any potential problem in her not meeting residential requirement?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:11 am

She meets the requirement of being in the country 3 years before the application is received (you don't really need a second opinion to calculate two dates). I can't comment on the other residential requirements (less than 270 days away including less than 90 in the last year) as you haven't provided her absences.

You worry too much. It should all be fine.

ya75khan
Newly Registered

Thanks Jambo

Post by ya75khan » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:46 pm

thanks Jambo....... I do admit I worry too much.

I fired off an email to Home office to find out a bit more.

with few hours I got the following one liner.

Dear Yasir

You wife’s application has been received and is waiting to be allocated to a caseworker after checks have been made

Regards

I was expecting the process would have nearing the end but it seems that it has not been started yet as it hasnt been allocated to a case worker yet.

:(