ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsor for Tier 4 (student visa)

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

katushal88
Newly Registered

Sponsor for Tier 4 (student visa)

Post by katushal88 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:26 am

I am currently on PSW dependat visa which expires in December 2013. I want to switch to Tier 4 (student visa) in august 2013. Can my husband's parents be my sponsor? Thank you in advance.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:57 pm

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... nce/money/

If you are using money held by your parent(s) or legal guardian:

If a student is relying on money held by your parents(s) or legal guardian, you must show that you are related to your parent(s) or legal guardian. You must provide:

your birth certificate showing the names of your parent(s); or
your certificate of adoption showing names of both parent(s) or legal guardian; or
a court document naming your legal guardian.
You must provide the original legal document or a notarised copy.

You must also show that your parent(s) or legal guardian have given their permission for you to use this money. To do this, you must provide a letter from your parent(s) or legal guardian confirming:

your relationship with your parent(s) or legal guardian; and
their permission for you to use their funds to study in the UK
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

katushal88
Newly Registered

Post by katushal88 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:30 pm

Thank you for your answer. So, could my husband's parents by me legal guardian? Thanks

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:11 pm

katushal88 wrote:Thank you for your answer. So, could my husband's parents by me legal guardian? Thanks
Not automaically. You need to have some legal proof of this like some court documents.

katushal88
Newly Registered

Post by katushal88 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:23 pm

Thanks, just one more question, if it's still 4-5 months left until my psw dependant visa expires, can I switch to tier 4 or should I wait?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:21 am

How can your husbands parents possibly be your legal guardians? They can't sponsor your application as i can't imagine any court ordering that an adult married woman of sound mind need a legal guardian. The money will need to in your name or that of your parents. If you actually had a legal guardian as child then this person may be able to sponsor you but you don't suggest this is the case. You can't make the application from within the UK either. You have to apply from your home country.

katushal88
Newly Registered

Post by katushal88 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:40 am

But can I apply from my home country now if my PSW dependent visa expires just in 5 months?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:30 pm

katushal88 wrote:Hello,
I am on PSW dependant visa which expires in december 2013. Can I switch to Tier 4(general) from my home country right now? Or should I wait? Thanks.
You don't need to wait.