ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

TheGreenTea

Post by TheGreenTea » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:57 am

Well, it doesn't say "6 working months", does it? :-)
I have also applied in December (19th) and no news so far....

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:14 am

TheGreenTea wrote:Well, it doesn't say "6 working months"
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Life in the UK test

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:20 am

ppycrmt wrote:Are there any good websites for the Life in the UK practice test?
You can practice few Test Papers and read some Important Material.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

pilotrr786
Newly Registered

6 months Completed - No news so far

Post by pilotrr786 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:59 pm

My timeline on 10 yr basis is: (No Solicitor used - Straight forward case)
submitted: 10/12/2012
confirmation:12/12/2012
fingerprints recved:18/01/2013
fingerprints done: 04/02/2013
Still Waiting Now

saanju9
Member of Standing

Re: Applied 5th December. Still waiting

Post by saanju9 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:03 pm

MM121 wrote:Guys I applied via solicitor as didn't wanna take any chances.

I phoned the solicitor and I was told by the receptionist if 6 months are passed since I applied. When I said yes, she said I hope u are not including weekends and bank holidays.

What's all that about I mean.

Has anyone else come accross this one?

I am told to wait another 2 months before my solicitor will contact UKBA.

I know and understand their work pressure but 6 months wait is a long enough time.

Any thoughts guys?

Best of luck to all.

Call the receptionist again and tell her that she is a cheeky COW for me... Some of those so called blonde receptionist will come up with anything that is stupid and will put you off...

I mean just do it mate... shez not even the staff of HO....what an idiot .. what a stupid answer

anyways mate your solicitor can not do anything at all..... " you have to wait " is the answer he is going to get from HO... so just because you paid him £XXX (or possibly 4 digits) amount of money don't think that he will change your fortunes...

Unfortunately wait until your turn comes... it will come .. for sure .. but u have to wait

z18runway

Re: Applied 5th December. Still waiting

Post by z18runway » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:18 pm

MM121 wrote:
she said I hope u are not including weekends and bank holidays.
what is your time line, and you should have told her to calculate bank holidays and weekends by herself, she is mad.
Last edited by z18runway on Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lck
Newly Registered

set m

Post by lck » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:38 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
nats wrote:Damanishallo or anyone, I want to ask for any reference on UKBA website for this 2 year qualification period could be combination of PBS and FLR(M) so that I can refer it in my cover letter?
Please refer to the below FOI in particular the words in bold should help in your case
UKBA FOI wrote:After completing 2 years aggregated leave as the spouse of a PBS migrant and then of a settled person, the partner is eligible to apply for indefinite leave to remain under paragraph 287 of the Immigration rules. The leave as the partner of a "relevant points based system migrant" can be aggregated with the leave as the partner of a settled person in accordance with paragraph 287(a)(d) of the Rules. This is what was being referred to in the response you included in your message.
Hi damanisshallo/nats the FOI request mentioned in above post of yours has been removed from whatdotheyknow website. Do you have a saved copy of this which I can use for my wife's set(m) application later. thank you very much

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: set m

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:45 pm

lck wrote:Hi damanisshallo/nats the FOI request mentioned in above post of yours has been removed from whatdotheyknow website. Do you have a saved copy of this which I can use for my wife's set(m) application later. thank you very much
Unfortunately, No. However, I think the person who made a subsequent request might still have a copy in his inbox. Try your luck by emailing him.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

MM121
Newly Registered

Hey guys.

Post by MM121 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:50 am

My timeline is.

Applied 5th December.
Bio done 1st week feb.

When I asked the receptionist at solicitors to tell me how she gets that fact that 6 months is not to include bank holidays, she said they deal with so many cases she knows more than me.

Paid £xxxx four figure fee to solicitor to send application.

Had one refusal over last 10 years due to photocopy instead of orignal document sent.

Appealed and won but dont know if that is a set back.

Everything else in my case seems ok.

This wait is a killer guys.

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:37 am

lck wrote:
Damanisshallo wrote:
nats wrote:Damanishallo or anyone, I want to ask for any reference on UKBA website for this 2 year qualification period could be combination of PBS and FLR(M) so that I can refer it in my cover letter?
Please refer to the below FOI in particular the words in bold should help in your case
UKBA FOI wrote:After completing 2 years aggregated leave as the spouse of a PBS migrant and then of a settled person, the partner is eligible to apply for indefinite leave to remain under paragraph 287 of the Immigration rules. The leave as the partner of a "relevant points based system migrant" can be aggregated with the leave as the partner of a settled person in accordance with paragraph 287(a)(d) of the Rules. This is what was being referred to in the response you included in your message.
Hi damanisshallo/nats the FOI request mentioned in above post of yours has been removed from whatdotheyknow website. Do you have a saved copy of this which I can use for my wife's set(m) application later. thank you very much
Why don't you use the UKBA website for reference????

saanju9
Member of Standing

Re: Hey guys.

Post by saanju9 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:38 am

MM121 wrote:My timeline is.

Applied 5th December.
Bio done 1st week feb.

When I asked the receptionist at solicitors to tell me how she gets that fact that 6 months is not to include bank holidays, she said they deal with so many cases she knows more than me.

This wait is a killer guys.
Tell her that she is dealing all these "So Many" cases incorrectly

nadeem toheed

Post by nadeem toheed » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:15 am

Hi all,
Could any member in this forum please help me out
I just received my ILR (10 years long res) last week, My Q is,
My spouse came here (UK) in March 2005 on student dependent and now she got PSW dependent visa till July 2014
Do i need to fulfill the (18600) threshold? and
what other documents do i need to get her spouse visa ?
Thanks

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:59 am

nadeem toheed wrote:Hi all,
My spouse came here (UK) in March 2005 on student dependent and now she got PSW dependent visa till July 2014
NO
what other documents do i need to get her spouse visa?
Maintainence,
Accommodation,
Marriage Cert,
Proof that you've been living together.
Any Utility bills,
Bank Statements,
Doctor's Letters.

Thanks
Skydrives, Templates

ak_akhan
Newly Registered

Post by ak_akhan » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:15 pm

ALHAMDULILLAH got my ILR - Long Residence today after 6 months minus 4 days:

Timeline:
ILR Sent - 17th Dec 12

Money taken: 21st Dec 12

Bio Metrics letter received: 17 Jan 13
Bio Metrics done: 18 Jan 13

BRP received: 14 Jun 13

Passports/other documents: waiting

JesseM
Newly Registered

ILR dependant - FLR(M) or SET(M)?

Post by JesseM » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:39 pm

Hi guys
I’ve been a silent follower of this forum and have found it extremely comforting...Thanks for sharing!

I have got a question:
I applied for ILR (10 years long res) in January 2013 and still waiting. My spouse came here in November 2004 as a Student dependent and now she is on Tier 2 (General) dependent visa till September 2013. In case my ILR delays we need to send her application before her current visa expires. Is she eligible to apply for indefinite leave to remain or does she need to switch to FLR (M) followed by SET(M)? I’m, failing to understand this issue about the qualifying period and the new rules etc

Also, if I'm sending her application before I receive my ILR - do I put a cover letter to say to say they should consider the application when a decision re my application has been made?

Uzo
Newly Registered

Post by Uzo » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:36 pm

ak_akhan wrote:ALHAMDULILLAH got my ILR - Long Residence today after 6 months minus 4 days:

Timeline:
ILR Sent - 17th Dec 12

Congratulations. Hopefully the rest of us waiting will here some good news soon

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: ILR dependant - FLR(M) or SET(M)?

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:40 pm

JesseM wrote:Hi guys
I’ve been a silent follower of this forum and have found it extremely comforting...Thanks for sharing!

I have got a question:
I applied for ILR (10 years long res) in January 2013 and still waiting. My spouse came here in November 2004 as a Student dependent and now she is on Tier 2 (General) dependent visa till September 2013. In case my ILR delays we need to send her application before her current visa expires. Is she eligible to apply for indefinite leave to remain or does she need to switch to FLR (M) followed by SET(M)?

She'll have to switch to FLR(M) where the main applicant gets ILR on 10 yr LR basis.

I’m, failing to understand this issue about the qualifying period and the new rules etc

If or once she's completed 2 yrs on Tier 2 (General) dependent combined with FLR(M), she can apply for SET(M) as soon as she's granted FLR(M).

Also, if I'm sending her application before I receive my ILR - do I put a cover letter to say to say they should consider the application when a decision re my application has been made?

You can consider using this template.
Skydrives, Templates

JesseM
Newly Registered

Post by JesseM » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:14 pm

Thanks Damanisshallo! Honestly, you should seriously consider a career in Immigration - your contribution to this forum is invaluable!

lck
Newly Registered

Post by lck » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:11 pm

saanju9 wrote: Why don't you use the UKBA website for reference????
Hi I did not quite understand what did you mean? What reference do I need to provide from ukba website? Thanks

wordable

Post by wordable » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:13 pm

ak_akhan wrote:ALHAMDULILLAH got my ILR - Long Residence today after 6 months minus 4 days:

Timeline:
ILR Sent - 17th Dec 12

Congratulations! :D :D :D

wordable

Post by wordable » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:14 pm

JesseM wrote:Thanks Damanisshallo! Honestly, you should seriously consider a career in Immigration - your contribution to this forum is invaluable!

Totally agreed!!!

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:36 pm

lck wrote:Hi I did not quite understand what did you mean? What reference do I need to provide from ukba website? Thanks
See if you can find the information you are looking for from
287(a)(i)(e) wrote:the applicant was admitted to the UK or given an extension of stay as the unmarried or same-sex partner of a Relevant Points Based System Migrant; and during that period married or formed a civil partnership with the person whom he or she was admitted or granted an extension of stay to join and has completed a period of 2 years as the unmarried or same-sex partner and then the spouse or civil partner of the person who is now present and settled in the UK
Skydrives, Templates

zack001
Newly Registered

Post by zack001 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:55 pm

Timeline:
ILR Sent - 17th Dec 12

congrats!

tonystar

Post by tonystar » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:36 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
nadeem toheed wrote:Hi all,
NO
what other documents do i need to get her spouse visa?
Maintainence,
Accommodation,
Marriage Cert,
Proof that you've been living together.
Any Utility bills,
Bank Statements,
Doctor's Letters.

Thanks
hi .
i hv same situation , i got my ilr last month on 10yrs long residence my last visa was psw, and my wife is psw dependant visa till jan2014, she came this june 2009 on student visa,
bt i asked different solicitors funds 18600 is req flr(m) application, and wait for 5 yrs then i apply ilr,
i dont know wht is the right answer, plz inform me wht is right answer thanks

Style13
Newly Registered

10 years IRL application

Post by Style13 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:39 am

Can someone please tell me what documents I have to submit with my application for ILR, I have no gaps whatsoever and I have never stay behind my visa renewal periods? So any constructive suggestions will be highly appreciated.