ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Completing Form AN - is nationality checking services req?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nikstar
Newly Registered

Post by Nikstar » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:15 pm

Hi, I have completed Form AN for natralisation, it almost seems too easy (compared to previous visas) and I only have one question before submitting. I contacted the Nationality Checking Service which will cost £60, so not sure if I really need to attend.

The only question I have is 3.5 Address of tax office or tax office reference - is this my own tax number or where do I get this information from?

All other questions I am confident I have completed and have the appropriate documents to send off. I would like to know if anyone has used the checking service and think it to be valuable?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Completing Form AN - is nationality checking services re

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:58 pm

Nikstar wrote:Hi, I have completed Form AN for natralisation, it almost seems too easy (compared to previous visas) and I only have one question before submitting. I contacted the Nationality Checking Service which will cost £60, so not sure if I really need to attend. The biggest benefit and advantage of using NCS is that they photocopy all your documents for submission and give you the originals (including passport) back. They also check the form to make sure all applicable sections have been completed. If there are any queries, they have easy access to contact UKBA by phone for advice. I used NCS for both mine and my daughters (separate) applications and found it a worthwhile expense, particularly for getting my foreign issued originals back

The only question I have is 3.5 Address of tax office or tax office reference - is this my own tax number or where do I get this information from? If you are employed, your HR department can provide this detail and it can also be found on your last P60

All other questions I am confident I have completed and have the appropriate documents to send off. I would like to know if anyone has used the checking service and think it to be valuable?

Thanks
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:02 pm

I used my local NCS service and found it worthwhile as I could hold on to all my original documents. The team was also professional, helpful and supportive. They also have a direct line to the UKBA caseworkers and in my case rung the team to clarify a few aspects of EU-UK applicable to me.

My NCS cost £45 and, for me, was money well dispensed.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:32 pm

AN form is indeed simple and straight forward plus supporting documents are also very little.

You didn't mention whether you would be needing your passport and other originals for any travel etc or happy to wait for sometime?

If I were you, then in absence of any immediate travel plans, I would have just sent the application directly though post.

Nikstar
Newly Registered

Post by Nikstar » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:25 pm

Thanks for your help and advice. I shall get the information from my HR department.

I am feeling pretty confident and have no travel plans (having a baby, so will be grounded for at least 6 months), so shall send Form AN and documentation in soon.

Nikstar
Newly Registered

Post by Nikstar » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:37 pm

Just wanted to say I have just received letter to confirm I have been successful in being granted citizenship. Only took 7 weeks to process since I posted all documents off, now await invite to the ceremony.

It was an easy process, no need to checking service, and quicker than I expected.

gadgets
Newly Registered

Post by gadgets » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:47 pm

Congratulations!!!

ak36

Post by ak36 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:44 am

Congratulations bro!

Can you please tell me what supporting documents did you send with your AN application?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
ak36