ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

smshad

Wife's FLR(M) approved.

Post by smshad » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:05 pm

Hi all,
Want to share good news for my wife’s FLR (M) application. My ILR 10 years basis was approved on 02 May, 2013.

Wife’s FLR (M) timeline.
Application sent: 09 Feb 2013.
Biometric invitation received: 13 Feb 2013.
Biometric enrolled: 23 Feb 2013
Biometric invitation received again: 02 May and enrolled on 4 May.
Final approval date 30 May 2013.

Hope everyone waiting get their decision soon.
Shad.

saanju9
Member of Standing

Re: Wife's FLR(M) approved.

Post by saanju9 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:50 am

smshad wrote:Hi all,
Want to share good news for my wife’s FLR (M) application. My ILR 10 years basis was approved on 02 May, 2013.

Wife’s FLR (M) timeline.

Shad.
Congrats Mate

verbina
Russia

Re: Wife's FLR(M) approved.

Post by verbina » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:22 pm

smshad wrote:Hi all,

Wife’s FLR (M) timeline.

Shad.
Congrats to both of you!! Great to hear lots of positive news on here!!

SUKU
Newly Registered

Post by SUKU » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:18 pm

hi all and Damanisshallo
i need your help as my wife flr(M) refused on the base of financial requirement.another ukba stupid decision . this is the details
i apply my ilr under 10 yrs LAST AUGUST AND GOT IT ON MARCH 2013. I APPLY FOR MY FLR (M) IN DECEMBER 2012. SHE CAME TO UK AS STUDENT DEPENDANT IN OCT 2005. THEN FROM OCT 2008 PSW DEPENDENT AND THEN TILL DEC 2012 TIER 1 G DEPENDANT. according to this she don't need 18600 requirement. but they say she don't met E-LTRP.3.1 OF immigration rules .
front of the letter they says '' you entered uk as STUDENT IN OCT 2005. WHICH IS WRONG.
now please advice me what to to . have right to appeal within 2 weeks.
please point out me the immigration rules or link which says the before july 2012 financial requirement and alsoI read similar story some time ago here.could'tfind

manythanks
thanks

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:30 pm

SUKU wrote:hi all and Damanisshallo
i need your help as my wife flr(M) refused on the base of financial requirement.another ukba stupid decision . this is the details
i apply my ilr under 10 yrs LAST AUGUST AND GOT IT ON MARCH 2013. I APPLY FOR MY FLR (M) IN DECEMBER 2012. SHE CAME TO UK AS STUDENT DEPENDANT IN OCT 2005. THEN FROM OCT 2008 PSW DEPENDENT AND THEN TILL DEC 2012 TIER 1 G DEPENDANT. according to this she don't need 18600 requirement. but they say she don't met E-LTRP.3.1 OF immigration rules .
front of the letter they says '' you entered uk as STUDENT IN OCT 2005. WHICH IS WRONG.
now please advice me what to to . have right to appeal within 2 weeks.
please point out me the immigration rules or link which says the before july 2012 financial requirement and alsoI read similar story some time ago here.could'tfind

manythanks
thanks
Read this post and the following few posts. However, be prepared for an appeal as I'd suspect if they are going to respond to your reconsideration letter by the appeal time. It's worth mentioning your dead line to appeal in your letter.

Good Luck. You should be fine.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

SUKU
Newly Registered

Post by SUKU » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:23 pm

manythanks

z18runway

Re: FLR M

Post by z18runway » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:42 am

lck wrote:Hi everyone. I received my ILR 10 year after 8 months wait. We have applied for my wife's FLR M already in April before my ILR was approved as my wife's visa was expiring in april. Now as I have received ILR BRP card and passport and still waiting for my wife's FLR M , Do I need to send my BRP card to UKBA to support my wife's FLR M or do I just keep on waiting? Can someone please help and advise me what to be done. Thanks
Did you get your wife flr(m), or did you send the copies to the email provided by the other member?

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:07 am

SUKU wrote:i need your help as my wife flr(M) refused on the base of financial requirement.another ukba stupid decision.
I know it was the HO mistake in your partner's case but I just thought this news will be of some help and hope to many.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:01 am

Hi guys just a quick question, if a case was refer for urgent consideration how long will ukba takes to conclude it? Thanks

SUKU
Newly Registered

Post by SUKU » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:39 pm

thank you Damanisshallo. it's a very good news for all of us
Damanisshallo wrote:
SUKU wrote:i need your help as my wife flr(M) refused on the base of financial requirement.another ukba stupid decision.
I know it was the HO mistake in your partner's case but I just thought this news will be of some help and hope to many.

Kievflyer
Newly Registered

Post by Kievflyer » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:17 pm

Hi, this is my first post here as I have only just found the website.
Here is a bit of background information.
I am a British citizen, I am on carers allowance with a part time job. My wife is an English teacher in the Ukraine and has several job offers here in England. She also has savings for when she is here.
I married my wife in January this year in the Ukraine, in April she applied for a spouse visa.
Up until today we have heard nothing, but finally the VFS website is showing "Processed application in transit" (working day 58 ).
My questions are:
Should my wife have taken some English Language test in Ukraine?

What does "Processed application in transit" mean?

Thanks in advance for any help or information, we are a bit nervous as we don't know what this statement means.

Alan.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:26 pm

Kievflyer wrote:Hi, this is my first post here as I have only just found the website.
Here is a bit of background information.
I am a British citizen, I am on carers allowance with a part time job. My wife is an English teacher in the Ukraine and has several job offers here in England. She also has savings for when she is here.
I married my wife in January this year in the Ukraine, in April she applied for a spouse visa.
Up until today we have heard nothing, but finally the VFS website is showing "Processed application in transit" (working day 58 ).
My questions are:
Should my wife have taken some English Language test in Ukraine?

What does "Processed application in transit" mean?

Thanks in advance for any help or information, we are a bit nervous as we don't know what this statement means.

Alan.
Hmmmm I would also like to know the answer, my friend is in Russia as we speak and intending to apply for a spouse visa ...

Im disappointed your application is taking so long to be processed in Ukraine, as my friend's solicitor reassured her the application times from outside of UK are somewhere around 3-4 weeks max...

Hope everything goes well for you and your wife hun!

Ana.
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

Kievflyer
Newly Registered

Post by Kievflyer » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:14 pm

Hi Ana.
I don't know why the solicitor told you that but maybe they deal with the applications in Russia, Ukrainian applications go to the UKBA in Warsaw Poland for some weired reason.
Anyway my wife has had an email saying her application is ready for collection; please visit the UK Visa Application Centre (Kyiv) where you submitted your visa application to collect the same.
My wife is not convinced they have accepted her application as she convinced herself it would be refused.
I hope we have got it right and she has been granted her visa.

Alan

pilotrr786
Newly Registered

Post by pilotrr786 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:34 am

Hi Guys,
Can anyone please guide me here.

I was on Tier1 General and received my ILR last week on 10 year basis.
My wife has Tier1 General Dependent till Mar 2014. I believe as my tier1 general is switched now to ILR, I also need to switch my wife visa from tier1 dependent to settlement dependent?

1. Does she need to apply via flrM form or flrO form?
2. Also her Tier1 General dependent visa was granted on 7th July 2012. Does she come under the rules of 8th July 2012 ?
It says on the website "This section is for the husband, wife or civil partner of a British citizen or a person who is settled here who had applied on or before 8 July 2012 for a visa to come to the UK."
As I was under Tier1 General at the time of her dependent visa, does she come under rules for 8th July 2012 or was I not considered as settled?

3.As her tier1 General dependent visa is currently till March 2014, but since I have switched from tier1 general to ilr, hope she is not considered as illegal stay and can switch to ilr dependent now. Kindly Please clarify?

MrsWillo
Newly Registered

Post by MrsWillo » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:32 am

Hi everyone :)

Well here we are, still waiting... it's been a long wait at that!

Im Australian, and I married my British husband on 19th April 2012.

Shortened version of our timelines:

FLR-M lodged: 11th June
Confirmation/Payment: 13th June
Bio-Metrics: 5th August 2012
Application Refused: 28th February 2013 :cry:
(Reason being, we didn't lodge a 'fiancé-visa first)!

March 2013 We consulted an Immigration lawyer in Newcastle Upon Tyne, who helped us prepare our application. We decided to not appeal, but i'd come home to Australia and 'lodge application outside of UK' .
April 2013 Flew home to Australia
May 2013 Husband joined me in Australia or a 3 week holiday, we attended the British Consulate in Sydney to again do Bio-Metrics & lodge new application and pay new fees.
July 2013 Still awaiting an answer....

It's been long and lengthy and very costly....not to mention the strain of being separated, it's heartbreaking.

Anyone on here with similar stories or applied from Australia? If so, how long was the process?

May 2013 Stats:

Settlement:
7% done in 10 days
42% done in 15 days
50% done in 40 days
100% done in 60 days...

It's been 7 weeks for us now...

Thanks...

Kylie x

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:19 am

pilotrr786 wrote:Hi Guys,
Can anyone please guide me here.

I was on Tier1 General and received my ILR last week on 10 year basis.
My wife has Tier1 General Dependent till Mar 2014. I believe as my tier1 general is switched now to ILR, I also need to switch my wife visa from tier1 dependent to settlement dependent?

1. Does she need to apply via flrM form or flrO form?
2. Also her Tier1 General dependent visa was granted on 7th July 2012. Does she come under the rules of 8th July 2012 ?
It says on the website "This section is for the husband, wife or civil partner of a British citizen or a person who is settled here who had applied on or before 8 July 2012 for a visa to come to the UK."
As I was under Tier1 General at the time of her dependent visa, does she come under rules for 8th July 2012 or was I not considered as settled?

3.As her tier1 General dependent visa is currently till March 2014, but since I have switched from tier1 general to ilr, hope she is not considered as illegal stay and can switch to ilr dependent now. Kindly Please clarify?

1. Yes you need to change visa first to settlement dependent using FLR(M)

2. Yes she comes under old rules prior to 8th July 2012 as she was granted her Tier 1 Dependent on 7th July

3. Because she completed 2 yrs she can apply for FLR(M) and immediately apply for SET(M) provided she has all the required docs

4 don't worry she is not considered illegal... there is no time frame on how quickly she should change to settlement dependent...the rules say as soon as possible but never mentioned any time frame

however, do not travel before changing her visa

read this cases

See this post by Damanisshallo and read few more posts below and above this post

Click her to find information from UKBA website

LJLASY
Newly Registered

FLR

Post by LJLASY » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:59 pm

Hi I apply on 30 may 2012 and I have the visa on 18 July 2013 and today
22 July I have the passport and the pepper .
My visa for 3 years end on 16 August 2016 .
Thank you all I hop Allah will Sand you your visa soon. :P

Kievflyer
Newly Registered

Post by Kievflyer » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:50 pm

Hi,
Unfortunately my wife's visa was refused for the following reasons.
1, I need to submit form SU07/12 sponsorship undertaking form.
2, They do not believe we are in a lasting relationship (who the F--- do they think they are), because the visa office only allowed pictures from our wedding to be sent, they also want evidence of how we met and how we keep in contact (no idea how we can get this information as we talk every day online, we met online, so any idea how we can prove this will be gratefully received)
3, Even though my wife is a teacher of English and has better qualifications than is need to teach here, she still need to take the English test. (Not a problem, she will take the test this weekend)
4,They say I do not have adequate funds to support my wife here because I am on carers allowance and Income support, even though we have sent details of job offers made to my wife. As far as I was aware what I do with my carers allowance and income support is my business.

Any feedback is appreciated.

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:16 am

Kievflyer wrote:Hi,
Unfortunately my wife's visa was refused for the following reasons.
1, I need to submit form SU07/12 sponsorship undertaking form.
2, They do not believe we are in a lasting relationship (who the F--- do they think they are), because the visa office only allowed pictures from our wedding to be sent, they also want evidence of how we met and how we keep in contact (no idea how we can get this information as we talk every day online, we met online, so any idea how we can prove this will be gratefully received)
3, Even though my wife is a teacher of English and has better qualifications than is need to teach here, she still need to take the English test. (Not a problem, she will take the test this weekend)
4,They say I do not have adequate funds to support my wife here because I am on carers allowance and Income support, even though we have sent details of job offers made to my wife. As far as I was aware what I do with my carers allowance and income support is my business.

Any feedback is appreciated.
Sorry about your situation mate...Yeah this country (unfortunately) doesn't allow anyone to have a relationship with a person outside this country if they don't have enough income or enough bank balance...Sad but true...

coming to how you can prove u are in a relationship....any phone calls made ... ure internet bill (may be)....did you fly over to her place..those air tickets, hotel reservations, any bills....they could support your argument

Anyways your situation needs more clarity how everything works between you and your wife...so there could be more suggestions...

However, my strong advise is to get a solicitor....if not you got to open up a little bit more, to give u advise....

Kievflyer
Newly Registered

Post by Kievflyer » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:53 pm

Sorry about your situation mate...Yeah this country (unfortunately) doesn't allow anyone to have a relationship with a person outside this country if they don't have enough income or enough bank balance...Sad but true...

coming to how you can prove u are in a relationship....any phone calls made ... ure internet bill (may be)....did you fly over to her place..those air tickets, hotel reservations, any bills....they could support your argument

Anyways your situation needs more clarity how everything works between you and your wife...so there could be more suggestions...

However, my strong advise is to get a solicitor....if not you got to open up a little bit more, to give u advise....[/quote]

My financial situation is that I am on carers allowance as I care for my elderly mother which means we are exempt from having to have a minimum bank balance of £18,000 or whatever the ludicous amount is these days, I am currently on income support, but I have four offers of part time work, details of which was passed on with the visa application. My wife has savings and is still in full time work in Ukraine plus she has several interested employers as she is a fully qualified teacher, also because my wife is from Ukraine she cannot claim benefits here anyway and has never had any intentions of doing so.
As for proving our relationship I have my passport which was stamped on every visit to Kyiv plus British Airways will supply copies of receipts for every flight I have made to Kiev, we also have details from the apartment owner in Kyiv for when we stayed there, we have lists of all the places we have visited and photos of us together with dates and details on them.
If this is not enough then this country deserves to have a country long poster advising how crap it is and out of order. Whilst I realise that there are some nasty and fraudulent people who marry for money what gives the immigration people in Poland the right to include us in that.
As a lot of people have said when a man and woman are married by law in whatever country the visa policy should be relaxed to help the couple be together.

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:44 am

Kievflyer wrote: My financial situation is that I am on carers allowance as I care for my elderly mother which means we are exempt from having to have a minimum bank balance of £18,000 or whatever the ludicous amount is these days, I am currently on income support, but I have four offers of part time work, details of which was passed on with the visa application. My wife has savings and is still in full time work in Ukraine plus she has several interested employers as she is a fully qualified teacher, also because my wife is from Ukraine she cannot claim benefits here anyway and has never had any intentions of doing so.
As for proving our relationship I have my passport which was stamped on every visit to Kyiv plus British Airways will supply copies of receipts for every flight I have made to Kiev, we also have details from the apartment owner in Kyiv for when we stayed there, we have lists of all the places we have visited and photos of us together with dates and details on them.
If this is not enough then this country deserves to have a country long poster advising how crap it is and out of order. Whilst I realise that there are some nasty and fraudulent people who marry for money what gives the immigration people in Poland the right to include us in that.
As a lot of people have said when a man and woman are married by law in whatever country the visa policy should be relaxed to help the couple be together.

Yeah I suppose,...

I think what your wife got in Ukraine (job and savings) is not being considered here..they are only considering your financial situation...

Also did you send all those evidences with your application???

I strongly think you have to get a decent enough solicitor if you want to appeal against this...

Kievflyer
Newly Registered

Post by Kievflyer » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:16 am

Hi Saanju9.
When my wife went to the visa application centre in Kiev in April, the woman who dealt with her would only allow her to send a few papers and photos and that woman decided what to send and what not to send, she told my wife that if the UKBA in Warsaw wanted any other documents they would either send a letter or would call, I still do not believe her application has been looked at correctly and that several protocols have been ignored or dismissed. I have sent a very strongly worded letter to my MP here who has already called me to say he will do anything he can.
We are appealing against this decision and I will be sending all evidence to them.
On a side note does it have to be my wife who completes the online appeal or can I do it as I will be sending all documents that are needed. Because the Ukraine postal service is worse than terrible.

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:38 am

Good and good luck

not sure what the procedure is mate...

I think you can appeal as well...although they might need some signatures of ure wife

Udud
Newly Registered

Biometrics application

Post by Udud » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:28 pm

Hi guys
This is my first post here, so if there are any mistakes,
Please try to ignore.
I will keep it short and simple.
I am an Indian and got married to a British national
Almost 2 years ago. Since then my flrm application has
Been going on.
We have just made a fresh application on 18.06.13
But what is worrying me is that I have still not received
My biometric application, even after 5 weeks.
Should I worry because of this or is this normal?
Is there any way I can require about the position of my case?
Or my biometrics delay?
Any replies would be greatly appreciated
Thank you guys in advance

smshad

Urgent advise needed. Passport validity six months rule

Post by smshad » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:46 am

Hi everyone,

I have booked in person appointment for my wife’s ILR at Croydon office on 9th August 2013 and I have already paid £100.00 booking fee. She was granted FLR (M) in June 2013.

I have just realised that my wife’s passport will expire on 15 December, 2013 so we have less than six months validity for her passport. I know that if we apply for visa outside the UK then they require at least six months validity. I could not find any guidance for passport validity rule for applying inside the UK.

Does the six months validity of passport rule applies for the visa applications made within UK? Anyone with similar experience or knowledge, please advise.
Thanks.
Shad.