ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for student finance in case of ROR:

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

djchoclate

Applying for student finance in case of ROR:

Post by djchoclate » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:26 pm

Hi,,, I am planning to go to uni for full time course this September and will continue part time job, for that i am going to apply for student loan. I want to know will this student affect on my ROR application next year???

lalolaal

Re: Applying for student finance in case of ROR:

Post by lalolaal » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:00 pm

student finance doesn't have any repercussions on your rights as long as ur eea family member is exercising his treaty rights. But in first place how could u get student finance if u don't provide a proves of identity and working of ur eea family member.

djchoclate

Post by djchoclate » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:48 pm

lalolaal wrote:student finance doesn't have any repercussions on your rights as long as ur eea family member is exercising his treaty rights. But in first place how could u get student finance if u don't provide a proves of identity and working of ur eea family member.
I will provide the proofs of identity and her treaty rights, that not a problem. The only thing i am concerned is will the student loan put any adverse effect on my next year ROR application???

Ricardo

Post by Ricardo » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:31 pm

.The only thing i am concerned is will the student loan put any adverse effect on my next year ROR application???[/quote]

The answer is no. As a family member of an EEA national, you are entitle to financial support for your education and it's also just a loan.
Last edited by Ricardo on Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ricardo

Post by Ricardo » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:32 pm

djchoclate wrote:
lalolaal wrote:student finance doesn't have any repercussions on your rights as long as ur eea family member is exercising his treaty rights. But in first place how could u get student finance if u don't provide a proves of identity and working of ur eea family member.
I will provide the proofs of identity and her treaty rights, that not a problem. The only thing i am concerned is will the student loan put any adverse effect on my next year ROR application???
The answer is no. As a family member of an EEA national, you are entitle to financial support for your education and it's also just a loan.

djchoclate

Post by djchoclate » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:56 am

Ricardo wrote:
djchoclate wrote:
And What about after getting my ROR, will i still be able to get student loan for the rest of the year to complete my degree??? And one more question, do u apply for student loan once when u start ur degree course or every year throughout ur degree you have to apply again and again??

Ricardo

Post by Ricardo » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:03 pm

djchoclate wrote:
Ricardo wrote:
djchoclate wrote:
And What about after getting my ROR, will i still be able to get student loan for the rest of the year to complete my degree??? And one more question, do u apply for student loan once when u start ur degree course or every year throughout ur degree you have to apply again and again??
ROR doesnt affect your right. In fact, you will retain all the right you have as a spouse. You apply for student finance loan every year.

djchoclate

Post by djchoclate » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:18 pm

just think about when i would be having my divorce and retain rights. So then on which category i would apply?? Coz at that particular time, my wife would not provide me any documents as we would be ex-couple...i give you one link:
http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/student/info_s ... ngland.php

In this link there are total 10 category on either of these category you can apply for student finance. Like right now as a married couple, wife exercising her treaty rights through work i can apply for loan as family member of EU migrant worker under category 5. But after getting my ROR next year, on what category will i apply for student finance?? I have gone through this link thoroughly i cant find any category for ROR holder.. So i want you all guys to plz have a look at this link and guide me coz i don't want myself getting the student finance for this year but not getting it for the next year....plz have a look at my link..

Ricardo

Post by Ricardo » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:46 am

djchoclate

Post by djchoclate » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:52 am

ok thanks,,, but this senario will apply after you get your retain rights. But at the time of when you apply for ROR and you in full time education you would not qualify unless you are student with sufficient resources to be self sufficient.
This is outlined in UKBA website European case work instructions read from 5.4.2
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Ricardo

Post by Ricardo » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:36 pm

In that case, a comprehensive sick insurance will be required.

djchoclate

Post by djchoclate » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:05 pm

Ricardo wrote:In that case, a comprehensive sick insurance will be required.
how do you become self sufficient??? i think you must have to have a big amount of money in your bank account like between £12,000 to £15,000???

Ricardo

Post by Ricardo » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:00 am

I have no idea of how much money you will need in your account. I will suggest you put this question in a new topic so that those with knowledge of it can make a reasonable comment on this.