ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation - Question on Payment by Natwest Debit Card

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

desertlord

Naturalisation - Question on Payment by Natwest Debit Card

Post by desertlord » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:50 pm

Hi all,

Did anyone had issues with Natwest debit card payment being declined ? when taking the money , do government offices like HO need to provide the extra password normally requested by Natwest with every online transaction!

Anyone paid for his application by a natwest debit card can reply to this question.

:?:
Last edited by desertlord on Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:34 pm

:roll:

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Naturalisation - Question on Payment by Natwest Debit C

Post by Amber » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:37 pm

desertlord wrote:Hi all,

Did anyone had issues with Natwest debit card payment being declined ? when taking the money , do government offices like HO need to provide the extra password normally requested by Natwest with every online transaction!

Anyone paid for his application by a natwest debit card can reply to this question.

:?:
The Natwest issue that affected PEOs has been corrected and you shouldn't have any issues. You can always telephone Natwest to inform them of the impending transaction.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:55 pm

A guy has a debit card from Central Bank of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea.

Will there be any issues with his payment?

desertlord

Post by desertlord » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:03 pm

D4109125,

Not sure if you use natwest my friend but you cant make any online purchase with out 1- entering you debit card details including the 3 digits at the back 2- a new pop up opens and asks you for a further password that only the card holder will know!
my question is clear, when you fill the payment leaflet attached to the ypur an application,it only asks for card details. How do they get past stage 2? any one paid by natwest debit card can advise us?

Ayyubi72,
It is not funny when you joke about serious questions and clearly doesn't make you popular either! But if it makes you feel " better" no harm every now and then
:wink:

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:19 pm

I think making some little jokes sometimes lighten ups this forum :)

Now, addressing your concerns. I think you are just getting worried for no reason. I bank with lloyds, and they have an even stricter online checks. On my online shopping, when I have filled all card detials, I am transferred further to lloyds website where I enter a full username and a full password attached to this username. This is to prevent fraudulent use, eg if I loose the card, or someone somehow gets my card number, expiry dates etc, and then uses the card for shopping online.

But never ever I had problems when I used my card for government agencies. Banks know that no one will go to shop for things with UKBA. UKBA does not process your card in the same way as you would do for online shopping.

And rather than worrying speculatively, why not just relax. There won't be any problems, but even if there was a payment problem, it won't be the end of the world, will it. They will ask you for alternative method of payment. If you had such grave concerns about your natwest card, then you should have sent them a cheque. Would have only added a 3-5 to the process. Hardly life changing I guess.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:31 pm

desertlord wrote:D4109125,

Not sure if you use natwest my friend but you cant make any online purchase with out 1- entering you debit card details including the 3 digits at the back 2- a new pop up opens and asks you for a further password that only the card holder will know!
my question is clear, when you fill the payment leaflet attached to the ypur an application,it only asks for card details. How do they get past stage 2? any one paid by natwest debit card can advise us?

Ayyubi72,
It is not funny when you joke about serious questions and clearly doesn't make you popular either! But if it makes you feel " better" no harm every now and then
:wink:
The HO is not doing an online purchase but a telephone purchase the same way you would order a pizza over the phone with just the card details. There is no need for your online purchases password.

desertlord

Post by desertlord » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:23 pm

Ayyubi72, thanks for being useful, as usual :)
it is preparations rather worries ! such details are important.

Now you and Jambo confirmed the way HO takes the money from your debit card is nothing similar to the online transactions, make natwest customers happy!

Still if any forum members that paid for their application using particulary natwest debit card and wish to share some feedback would be appreciated!

otherwise, thanks all and all the best of luck!

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:16 am

desertlord wrote:Ayyubi72, thanks for being useful, as usual :)
it is preparations rather worries ! such details are important.

Now you and Jambo confirmed the way HO takes the money from your debit card is nothing similar to the online transactions, make natwest customers happy!

Still if any forum members that paid for their application using particulary natwest debit card and wish to share some feedback would be appreciated!

otherwise, thanks all and all the best of luck!
I will make easy for you, so you don't need to wait for feedback.

example feedbacks:

Mr A paid by natwest card, had some problem, but as UKBA are already aware of this problem, they solved it with natwest.

Mr B paid by natwest card, had some problem, UKBA asked for alternative payment, and MR B provided a cheque, and payment went through. Mr B's application was processed and approved. This problem with card and subsequent cheque payment added about 2 weeks to the whole procedure. Mr B did not suffer a heart attack due to this and sky didn't fall down.

Mr C paid by natwest card, had some problem, UKBA asked for alternative payment, and MR C's friend was willing to help and he had card from barclays bank, and this friend gave his card details to MR C. This problem with card and subsequent payment by Mr C's friend added about 2 weeks to the whole procedure. Mr C did not suffer a heart attack due to this and sky didn't fall down.

:D :lol: :D :o

desertlord

Post by desertlord » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:21 am

:)