ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working with Schengen Tourist Visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ducky11

Working with Schengen Tourist Visa

Post by Ducky11 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:53 pm

Hi All,

I am an Indian national, living & working in London with a Tier 1 General visa. I will have indefinite leave to remain early next year. I also hold a tourism schengen visa valid until October this year. It was issues by the French embassy & I have already used it multiple times to go to France on holiday.

I am employed at a bank & may be required to travel to Switzerland on work, just for 2-3 days. Am I allowed to do this with my tourism schengen visa?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Ducky

ukforever
Member of Standing

Re: Working with Schengen Tourist Visa

Post by ukforever » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:52 pm

Ducky11 wrote:Hi All,

I am an Indian national, living & working in London with a Tier 1 General visa. I will have indefinite leave to remain early next year. I also hold a tourism schengen visa valid until October this year. It was issues by the French embassy & I have already used it multiple times to go to France on holiday.

I am employed at a bank & may be required to travel to Switzerland on work, just for 2-3 days. Am I allowed to do this with my tourism schengen visa?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Ducky
i don't see any problem there,if u work for a bank in the uk and THEY send u to what ever country in the world for a 2 day job,in my understanding there should be no problem at all,because u are not going to stay there for 6 month or more and i don't think its wise to apply for a 2-3 days work permit..lol..that would be funny..anyway,i'm sure the bank where u work,they will provide u with paper work allowing u or stating the purpose of the trip or gives u the authorization to do some work for them abroad,i would imagine that this is allowed without having to ask for permission because its just for 2 days,but again,i might be wrong and maybe a senior member or a moderator will shed more light in the matter.
UK------++++-------****

sjimoh112

Post by sjimoh112 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:55 am

You can not work on a Tourist visa. You may require a business Schengen visa to be able to perform your duties legally in Switzerland. Why don't you confirm with your employer?
[Moderator Edit]