ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accomodation requirements for Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

naCC
BANNED

Accomodation requirements for Spouse Visa

Post by naCC » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:04 pm

Hi I live in a 1 Bedroom Flat would that be sufficient to show it in accommodation section when applying for a spouse Visa with 2 baby girls under three Years of Age ?

Regards

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Accomodation requirements for Spouse Visa

Post by Amber » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:26 pm

naCC wrote:Hi I live in a 1 Bedroom Flat would that be sufficient to show it in accommodation section when applying for a spouse Visa with 2 baby girls under three Years of Age ?

Regards
It depends on the age on the children. See http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... e/ecg/maa/ scroll down to overcrowding table.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

naCC
BANNED

Post by naCC » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:49 pm

D4109125 wrote:
naCC wrote:Hi I live in a 1 Bedroom Flat would that be sufficient to show it in accommodation section when applying for a spouse Visa with 2 baby girls under three Years of Age ?

Regards
It depends on the age on the children. See http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... e/ecg/maa/ scroll down to overcrowding table.
Thanks, I have seen the Table it says about the Number of rooms in the House, is it Total Number of rooms or just bedrooms ?
I have got Two Rooms one is a Living room and One is a Bedroom. but considering the Babies who are just 26 Months Old (twins) they have to sleep with the parents anyway. thats a bit confusing for me,

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:56 am

naCC wrote:
D4109125 wrote:

Regards
Thanks, I have seen the Table it says about the Number of rooms in the House, is it Total Number of rooms or just bedrooms ?
I have got Two Rooms one is a Living room and One is a Bedroom. but considering the Babies who are just 26 Months Old (twins) they have to sleep with the parents anyway. thats a bit confusing for me,
You can use the living room as a bedroom for this purpose.

Therefore if you have two same sex children under the age of 10, they can share one room whilst you and your spouse can use other

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:17 am

"Account is taken only of rooms with a floor area larger than 50 square feet and rooms of a type used either as a living room or bedroom."
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

naCC
BANNED

Post by naCC » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:40 pm

Many thanks guys, one last thing, is it necessary to get a housing report from a local property dealer or the Rental Agreement will do the job ?

Regards

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:47 pm

I assume you are applying outside the UK?

See Supporting documents guidance - settlement

naCC
BANNED

Post by naCC » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:56 pm

D4109125 wrote:I assume you are applying outside the UK?

See Supporting documents guidance - settlement
Yes, Thanks for the information.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:19 pm

In view of what you have stated, I would get a report to prove there will be sufficient space for 4 people in your flat,otherwise the ECO may wrongly assume that 4 people will not fit in 1 bedroom :wink:

naCC
BANNED

Post by naCC » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:32 pm

batleykhan wrote:In view of what you have stated, I would get a report to prove there will be sufficient space for 4 people in your flat,otherwise the ECO may wrongly assume that 4 people will not fit in 1 bedroom :wink:
Yes you are right, I have pointed out clearly that Flat has 2 Rooms.

regards

surajban

Post by surajban » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:30 pm

Hi naCC,

I am applying soon for spouse visa for wife and twin boys, I am ok with accommodation but just a quick question on forms

I am filling out VAF4a, Appendix 2

Do we need appendix 1 and SU07 form swell?

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:44 pm

surajban wrote:Hi naCC,

I am applying soon for spouse visa for wife and twin boys, I am ok with accommodation but just a quick question on forms

I am filling out VAF4a, Appendix 2

Do we need appendix 1 and SU07 form swell?
You only need one of the Appendixes. If appendix 2 is the right one for you, then you only need appendix 2.

surajban

Post by surajban » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:23 pm

Thanks Ayyub,

So for all of them (wife and 2 kids)

1 - VAF4A

1 - Appendix 2 (as this only needed)

No SU07 needed?

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:05 pm

surajban wrote:Thanks Ayyub,

So for all of them (wife and 2 kids)

1 - VAF4A

1 - Appendix 2 (as this only needed)

No SU07 needed?
VAF4A, appendix 2, and no SU07 is correct.