ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Processing Time for No Time Limit

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

diillu
Newly Registered

Processing Time for No Time Limit

Post by diillu » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:26 pm

Hi,

I had ILE when I applied from my country and since my passport was due to expire, I got new passport and applied for No time Limit.

I had applied for No time limit on 24 April 2013, money was debited from my account on 29 April, 2013.
Did my Bio-metrics on 17 May 2013 and still waiting for the passport since then.

I am surprised by the amount of time they are taking to return my passport and the problem is I have to travel very soon.

Apart from that whenever I call UKBA, they keep on saying that it may take upto 6 months and then gives no further information whatsoever.

Its very frustrating to wait for passport every single day.

I was wondering how long does it take in average for the processing of no time limit?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:04 am

Why didn't you make your application at a PEO instead if you had travel plans? Or you could have traveled with both your passports and done the NTL application when you returned.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Re: Processing Time for No Time Limit

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:13 am

diillu wrote:Hi,

I had ILE when I applied from my country and since my passport was due to expire, I got new passport and applied for No time Limit.

I had applied for No time limit on 24 April 2013, money was debited from my account on 29 April, 2013.
Did my Bio-metrics on 17 May 2013 and still waiting for the passport since then.

I am surprised by the amount of time they are taking to return my passport and the problem is I have to travel very soon.

Apart from that whenever I call UKBA, they keep on saying that it may take upto 6 months and then gives no further information whatsoever.

I was wondering how long does it take in average for the processing of no time limit?
When UKBA advices you that it may take upto six months, then what further advice do you expect from them? That you will get a free parker pen when your application has been processed?

If you had travel plans, then you should have enquired all this before you made the application.

There is no way to speed up the process. If you must travel and you cannot wait 6 months, then all you can do is withdraw your application, and apply again when you get a chance.

And by the way, I wonder why you wanted to waste money, when you could just travel with your old and new passports together.

diillu
Newly Registered

Post by diillu » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:26 am

Well, you don't know the amount of trouble the immigration officers at different transit get us into when we travel with two passport because some of them are really stupid. So, I just wanted not to get into those.

I just wanted to know, does it really take 6 months or some can be sooner too ??
Ayyubi72 wrote:

When UKBA advices you that it may take upto six months, then what further advice do you expect from them? That you will get a free parker pen when your application has been processed?

If you had travel plans, then you should have enquired all this before you made the application.

There is no way to speed up the process. If you must travel and you cannot wait 6 months, then all you can do is withdraw your application, and apply again when you get a chance.

And by the way, I wonder why you wanted to waste money, when you could just travel with your old and new passports together.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:51 am

diillu wrote:Well, you don't know the amount of trouble the immigration officers at different transit get us into when we travel with two passport because some of them are really stupid. So, I just wanted not to get into those.

I just wanted to know, does it really take 6 months or some can be sooner too ??
Ayyubi72 wrote:

Errmm kindly note its UPTO SIX MONTHS

So, 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1 month are included in upto 6 months.

:wink:

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:59 pm

It could take more than 6 months. You have to wait patiently until you get a decision from UKBA.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

Silver dollar
Newly Registered

Post by Silver dollar » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:58 pm

diillu wrote:Well, you don't know the amount of trouble the immigration officers at different transit get us into when we travel with two passport because some of them are really stupid. So, I just wanted not to get into those.

Ayyubi72 wrote:

Hi Diillu,

Just wondering how long it ended up taking in he end, or did you just cancel your application and get your documents returned?
Thanks

dzendzen
Newly Registered

Post by dzendzen » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:18 am

Hello,

Can somebody please advise how long does it take to get passport back if you applied via post for BRP? Do they put NTL stamp in the new passport as well or do they just give BRP?

I have had my visa in an old passport which has expired now, I've been carrying my old and new passport when traveling. My HR have advised me that due to law change I have to have BRP and I can't get my contract and start work until I present them with BRP :( .
Home Office have deducted fee for BRP today.

Thanks a lot!

Kal68
Newly Registered

Post by Kal68 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:57 pm

Hello,

I am in a similar situation in that I applied to transfer my Indefinite Leave to Remain visa into a new passport (which I had to renew as it is expiring in September and I also needed to change my name back to my maiden name). I had my Biometrics done on 24/7/15, the day I received the letter, money has been taken etc. There wouldn't normally be a rush except my father (without really consulting me) purchased me non-changeable, non-refundable tickets for a trip 'home' in October and is now guilt-tripping me.

I'm hoping the six months processing time is a worst case scenario. My situation is very straightforward. Has anyone received their passport back in 10 weeks or less?

By the way, I phoned the Home Office before I submitted this application to check whether or not I could travel with two passports and was told that I most definitely could not. There is a lot of a information online that says you can, which is why I phoned to double-check. Not sure if it depends what country you or from, etc.

Many thanks for any info!

Kal

aussie63
Newly Registered

Post by aussie63 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:34 pm

Hi Kal

I am in the same boat and sent my biometrics in on 22 7 2015. Have you heard anything? I am a straightforward transfer of ILR stamp to BRP after my US passport expired.

It is nearly 3 months ...

Thanks

Con