ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA national, Self sufficient - sickness insurance -

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AlexClark75
Newly Registered

EEA national, Self sufficient - sickness insurance -

Post by AlexClark75 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:02 am

Hello to all .

I'm EEA national, in the UK from July 2006 . apply last month for British Citizenship .. I worked on 2007 - 2008 , also applied for JBSA on 2007 for around 4 - 5 months .. on 2009 and part of 2010 been Self Sufficient, lived on friend house, help with him on house, and also had found in my bank account, can probe that.. when come to England bring with my European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) . however when expired on 2010 trough away and got the UK card, on 2010 starting Self employed ...

My question is, I receive letter from the caseworker request some extra information about self-sufficient, Bank account show funds ( can prove that - no problem ) and policy confirming sickness insurance... , on the UKBA site say the EHIC card is valid, however as expired 3 years ago, no longer is with me, I got the number .. don't know if that help... I sent a e-mail to the caseworker if that is ok... waiting answer...

Someone had same situation ? If im worked the 2 first years, pay tax and NI , next become self sufficient for 1 1/2 years and finally self employed,

I know is very confused.. but no want my application get refused because no have the EHIC card ....

some advise very welcome ...

Alex

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: EEA national, Self sufficient - sickness insurance -

Post by Amber » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:05 am

AlexClark75 wrote:Hello to all .

I'm EEA national, in the UK from July 2006 . apply last month for British Citizenship .. I worked on 2007 - 2008 , also applied for JBSA on 2007 for around 4 - 5 months .. on 2009 and part of 2010 been Self Sufficient, lived on friend house, help with him on house, and also had found in my bank account, can probe that.. when come to England bring with my European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) . however when expired on 2010 trough away and got the UK card, on 2010 starting Self employed ...

My question is, I receive letter from the caseworker request some extra information about self-sufficient, Bank account show funds ( can prove that - no problem ) and policy confirming sickness insurance... , on the UKBA site say the EHIC card is valid, however as expired 3 years ago, no longer is with me, I got the number .. don't know if that help... I sent a e-mail to the caseworker if that is ok... waiting answer...

Someone had same situation ? If im worked the 2 first years, pay tax and NI , next become self sufficient for 1 1/2 years and finally self employed,

I know is very confused.. but no want my application get refused because no have the EHIC card ....

some advise very welcome ...

Alex
If you are a EEA student or self-sufficient you need to have valid CSI. If it was valid (not expired) at the time you were self-sufficient that should suffice. Contact the EHIC issuing body in your EEA Country and request proof.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

AlexClark75
Newly Registered

Re: EEA national, Self sufficient - sickness insurance -

Post by AlexClark75 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:16 pm

D4109125 wrote:
AlexClark75 wrote: Alex
If you are a EEA student or self-sufficient you need to have valid CSI. If it was valid (not expired) at the time you were self-sufficient that should suffice. Contact the EHIC issuing body in your EEA Country and request proof.
Thank you to back to me D4109125 . and your advise, I will try contact with my country issue the card, to see what happen, there non sense request info of insurance health for 4 years ago..

let you know what say the caseworker on the mail sent yesterday.

Alex