ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Occupation field on BC application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ajax
Newly Registered

Occupation field on BC application

Post by ajax » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:04 pm

Hi - my partner is applying for British Citizenship. He is a university lecturer. His contract came to an end at the end of May 2013 and his next contract starts on 1 August 2013. He was planning to submit his application in early July 2013.

Technically, he is not employed. What does he put in the "Occupation" and "Employment Status" fields of his application? He doesn't want to lie but doesn't want to appear disadvantaged if he is not employed at the exact moment of his application.

Many thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:10 pm

Employment is not a requirement for British Citizenship applications. If he is currently unemployed, he can write 'unemployed' and it will have no effect on his application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.