ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR question - debt collectors

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ferryahmed82

ILR question - debt collectors

Post by ferryahmed82 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:58 pm

Hi there

I was fined with bus lane driving last October which I dint't paid bcz of change of address took longer time and I didn't received the letter, and council kept chasing me on the old address. When the address change was done I got another bus lane penalty which came at my new adress and I paid that. Then the Council also told me about the previous penalty(which I wasn't aware of), and they said they have handed over the case to debt collectors. I contacted the debt collectors and paid all the money outstanding. I have confirmed from city council and debt collectors and both said I have nothing outstanding now.

My question is, will this have any impact on my ILR application (in next year April) ? any thing worrying in this scenario?

Thanks for the help!

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR question - debt collectors

Post by Amber » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:51 pm

ferryahmed82 wrote:Hi there

I was fined with bus lane driving last October which I dint't paid bcz of change of address took longer time and I didn't received the letter, and council kept chasing me on the old address. When the address change was done I got another bus lane penalty which came at my new adress and I paid that. Then the Council also told me about the previous penalty(which I wasn't aware of), and they said they have handed over the case to debt collectors. I contacted the debt collectors and paid all the money outstanding. I have confirmed from city council and debt collectors and both said I have nothing outstanding now.

My question is, will this have any impact on my ILR application (in next year April) ? any thing worrying in this scenario?

Thanks for the help!
No.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ferryahmed82

Post by ferryahmed82 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:09 pm

Thanks AMber

paba89

Post by paba89 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:15 am

Sorry guys to post my query again here.

I have a serious query to all senior members. Please guide what is the best coarse of action for me to prevent my ILR to go in geoparady. I came in UK as a student in 2003 and left in 2006. Someone used my name and withdrew a phone contract and used my credit card for 200£ when I was not even in this country. I came back in 2009 and since than no issues I already had 2 Tier1 extentions all went smmoth and I did checked my credit history score was good and history cleaned. I even had a mortgage approved twice. I had a Police certificate early this year but it came cleaned. But recently I received two letters from bailiff for non payments for 196£ for a credit card and £550 for a phome contract. I called the debt collectors company and notified them of the situation last month and I have not heard anything after than.

My query is, Can this be a issue in getting ILR. I am due to apply in Jan 2014. What will be the debt collection team will do to these non payments. Should I pay them off. Or wait for their reply. What would be outcome of their reply. I am realy worried as this can ruin all my efforts for last 5 years. Please please advise. Its urgent as I dont want to loose a single day.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:24 am

paba89 wrote:Sorry guys to post my query again here.

I have a serious query to all senior members. Please guide what is the best coarse of action for me to prevent my ILR to go in geoparady. I came in UK as a student in 2003 and left in 2006. Someone used my name and withdrew a phone contract and used my credit card for 200£ when I was not even in this country. I came back in 2009 and since than no issues I already had 2 Tier1 extentions all went smmoth and I did checked my credit history score was good and history cleaned. I even had a mortgage approved twice. I had a Police certificate early this year but it came cleaned. But recently I received two letters from bailiff for non payments for 196£ for a credit card and £550 for a phome contract. I called the debt collectors company and notified them of the situation last month and I have not heard anything after than.

My query is, Can this be a issue in getting ILR. I am due to apply in Jan 2014. What will be the debt collection team will do to these non payments. Should I pay them off. Or wait for their reply. What would be outcome of their reply. I am realy worried as this can ruin all my efforts for last 5 years. Please please advise. Its urgent as I dont want to loose a single day.
Report the fraud to Action Fraud who will issue you with a crime reference number. Write to the debt collector and the mobile phone company explaining the situation and stating the crime reference number as proof. Ask for the adverse information to be removed from your credit profile. I would also get a copy of your credit profile to ensure that no other credit products have been taken out in your name. This should not affect your ILR. However, I would do the steps as mentioned ASAP to prevent a CCJ being lodged against you.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

paba89

Post by paba89 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:18 pm

D4109125 wrote:

Report the fraud to Action Fraud who will issue you with a crime reference number. Write to the debt collector and the mobile phone company explaining the situation and stating the crime reference number as proof. Ask for the adverse information to be removed from your credit profile. I would also get a copy of your credit profile to ensure that no other credit products have been taken out in your name. This should not affect your ILR. However, I would do the steps as mentioned ASAP to prevent a CCJ being lodged against you.
Thanks for the reply.

I have called the debt collection team and the advisor said you need not to worry as they will contact the original company in my case capital one and o2 and will reply back. They say not to worry as there will be no bailiffs involve now as I have contacted them already regarding the debt. To make thing smooth should i pay off all the debts just in case. can they reduce the amount so that i can clear it.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:15 pm

paba89 wrote:
D4109125 wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

I have called the debt collection team and the advisor said you need not to worry as they will contact the original company in my case capital one and o2 and will reply back. They say not to worry as there will be no bailiffs involve now as I have contacted them already regarding the debt. To make thing smooth should i pay off all the debts just in case. can they reduce the amount so that i can clear it.
No, regardless of what they say you should follow the instructions I posted.

paba89

Post by paba89 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:04 pm

D4109125 wrote:
paba89 wrote:
D4109125 wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

No, regardless of what they say you should follow the instructions I posted.[/quote

Does this pose a threat for ILR? Can i cause ILR rejection?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:51 pm

paba89 wrote:
D4109125 wrote:
paba89 wrote:
D4109125 wrote:
Thanks for the reply.

No, regardless of what they say you should follow the instructions I posted.[/quote

Does this pose a threat for ILR? Can i cause ILR rejection?
There should be no issue providing the caseworker doesn't think you are getting into debt with no intention to pay them back.

paba89

Post by paba89 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:19 pm

Does this pose a threat for ILR? Can i cause ILR rejection?[/quote]

There should be no issue providing the caseworker doesn't think you are getting into debt with no intention to pay them back.[/quote]

Thanks. your comments are much appreciated.

ferryahmed82

my question

Post by ferryahmed82 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:13 am

Hi

Do I need to mention the incident happened with me while applying for the visa?