ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

A.Jadoon

ILR Granted

Post by A.Jadoon » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:43 am

Hi all,

By the grace of almighty Allah(swt) and the prayers of my parents, family and friends, finally I got my ILR.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:09 am

tonystar wrote: i hv same situation , i got my ilr last month on 10yrs long residence my last visa was psw, and my wife is psw dependant visa till jan2014, she came this june 2009 on student visa,
bt i asked different solicitors funds 18600 is req flr(m) application, and wait for 5 yrs then i apply ilr,
i dont know wht is the right answer, plz inform me wht is right answer thanks
Transitional cases wrote:2.1 Applicants granted or who applied for leave under the Rules before 9 July 2012
A person who meets the following criteria, in one of the categories specified below, will remain subject to the Immigration Rules in force as at 8 July 2012 until settlement (the grant of indefinite leave to remain) even where the application is granted on or after 9 July 2012:
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

raul4in
Newly Registered

ILR 10yrs

Post by raul4in » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:20 am

application sent 4th oct 2012
received to ukba on 5th oct 2012
no acknowledgement received
solicitor received my bio invitation on 19th dec 2012
bio done 27th dec 2012
passports & docs: waiting
BRP : WAITING WAITING

nadeem toheed

Re: 10 years IRL application

Post by nadeem toheed » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:26 am

Style13 wrote:Can someone please tell me what documents I have to submit with my application for ILR, I have no gaps whatsoever and I have never stay behind my visa renewal periods? So any constructive suggestions will be highly appreciated.
You need to submit all of your passport having entry and exit stamp on it
Life in the uk test
Dont try to make your case so complicated having "extra" supporting documents
Wish you good luck

ZEBRA

Re: ILR dependant - FLR(M) or SET(M)?

Post by ZEBRA » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:28 am

Damanisshallo wrote:
JesseM wrote:Hi guys
I’ve been a silent follower of this forum and have found it extremely comforting...Thanks for sharing!

I have got a question:
I applied for ILR (10 years long res) in January 2013 and still waiting. My spouse came here in November 2004 as a Student dependent and now she is on Tier 2 (General) dependent visa till September 2013. In case my ILR delays we need to send her application before her current visa expires. Is she eligible to apply for indefinite leave to remain or does she need to switch to FLR (M) followed by SET(M)?

She'll have to switch to FLR(M) where the main applicant gets ILR on 10 yr LR basis.

I’m, failing to understand this issue about the qualifying period and the new rules etc

If or once she's completed 2 yrs on Tier 2 (General) dependent combined with FLR(M), she can apply for SET(M) as soon as she's granted FLR(M).

Also, if I'm sending her application before I receive my ILR - do I put a cover letter to say to say they should consider the application when a decision re my application has been made?

You can consider using this template.
Dear Damanisshallo,
I have similar case hope you can help me understand it better.

I have applied SET(o), 10 yrs Student basis, in March'13 and still waiting for ilr. My wife 'student dependant' came to UK in Oct 2003 has visa till April 2014. She is eligible for her own 10 yrs application in Sep 2013.

Please advise, When should she apply for her visa ilr dependant or Ilr, and which form to use? Also does she need to do life in UK test?

We also have 2 kids UK born aged 6 and 1. how to apply for them too?

I hope my above message is clear to understand.

Thanks again for your support to this forum.

VB

mjay

Post by mjay » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:43 am

nadeem toheed wrote:
Style13 wrote:Can someone please tell me what documents I have to submit with my application for ILR, I have no gaps whatsoever and I have never stay behind my visa renewal periods? So any constructive suggestions will be highly appreciated.
Life in the uk test
Wish you good luck
HI Everybody

Can I ask a question I want to do life in the uk test now I have left one and half year to apply for ILR is that ok if I can pass the test now or is there any time limit for that test I mean validity of the test I would be thankfull if some one reply me thanks

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:17 pm

ZEBRA wrote:Dear Damanisshallo,
If I were you, I wouldn't bother understanding the dependant rules.

I have applied SET(o), 10 yrs Student basis, in March'13 and still waiting for ilr. My wife 'student dependant' came to UK in Oct 2003 has visa till April 2014. She is eligible for her own 10 yrs application in Sep 2013.

Please advise, When should she apply for her visa ilr dependant or Ilr, and which form to use? Also does she need to do life in UK test?

SET(LR) would be more appropriate with lesser supporting documents. Yes, she'd need to get her LITUK test cert. (The only difference is, she'd need this by Sep 2013 if opt to go with SET(LR). However, if she prefers going via FLR(M) now, she will need this test cert any way at the end of her qualifying period before making SET(M)). So, my advise would be to go for SET(LR) saving both time & money (May be this includes some struggle to pass the LITUK).

Don't bother making any application for your kids until you get your ILR. Once you get your decision, use MN1 Form to register them as BC. Reading this post might help you find some un-answered questions.

VB
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:29 pm

mjay wrote:Can I ask a question I want to do life in the uk test now I have left one and half year to apply for ILR is that ok if I can pass the test now or is there any time limit for that test I mean validity of the test I would be thankfull if some one reply me thanks
Life in the UK Test wrote:How long is my certificate valid for?

Your Life in the UK Test Certificate does not have an expiry date on it. You should therefore keep it in a safe place until you are ready to submit the original with your application for Citizenship or Settlement.

We are not able to provide you with further copies of your test certificate. If you lose it, you should contact the Home Office who may ask you to take your test again.
Skydrives, Templates

muqeet550
Newly Registered

10 years long residence dependent

Post by muqeet550 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:15 pm

Hi ,

Anyone can help me please . I have applied for ILR on 10 years long residence basis , my question is , when I will get ILR , is there any time limit for my wife to apply on FLR(M) form for visa or she can stay on current visa until that will expire . However my wife is on tier 1 general dependent visa and that will expire in 2015 .

Regards

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: 10 years long residence dependent

Post by Damanisshallo » Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:56 pm

muqeet550 wrote:Hi ,

Anyone can help me please . I have applied for ILR on 10 years long residence basis , my question is , when I will get ILR , is there any time limit for my wife to apply on FLR(M) form for visa or she can stay on current visa until that will expire . However my wife is on tier 1 general dependent visa and that will expire in 2015 .

Regards
AFAIK, there isn't any such rule. However, having said this, it is recommended not travel outside the UK with such scenario as the UKBA might raise some questions at the entry point apparently.

Out of interest, why would you think you will not be going ahead with her FLR(M) if it is not for your financial circumstances. Because, you will have to switch her from tier 1 general dependant to FLR(M) at some point in the future. The sooner the better.
Skydrives, Templates

shaik719

Dependent set m or set o

Post by shaik719 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:44 pm

Dear damanisshallo/god father of the forum or pundit
Mate I hope you can help me with my questions please as you does to everyone else
I've applied for 10yrs ilr in march and straight forward case. Hope will get it at some point. I don't want to annoy you asking same question about 287 a i e.its about my spouse

What should I do when I get my ilr. Should I go for flr(m) first. And then immediately for set(m) as she has already finished nearly four years as dependent of tier1. If so you have any covering letter to put up with set (m ). If any seniors of the forum who has done this before and got the ilr I mean set M after flr M under 287 a i e successfully without losing the fee please advice thanks in advance
Many people told me it will 2yrs flr M and then ilr set M
please advice mate

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Dependent set m or set o

Post by Damanisshallo » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:14 pm

shaik719 wrote:If so you have any covering letter to put up with set (m ).
See if this serves your purpose.
Skydrives, Templates

ZEBRA

Post by ZEBRA » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:44 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
ZEBRA wrote:Dear Damanisshallo,
If I were you, I wouldn't bother understanding the dependant rules.

SET(LR) would be more appropriate with lesser supporting documents. Yes, she'd need to get her LITUK test cert. (The only difference is, she'd need this by Sep 2013 if opt to go with SET(LR). However, if she prefers going via FLR(M) now, she will need this test cert any way at the end of her qualifying period before making SET(M)). So, my advise would be to go for SET(LR) saving both time & money (May be this includes some struggle to pass the LITUK).

Don't bother making any application for your kids until you get your ILR. Once you get your decision, use MN1 Form to register them as BC. Reading this post might help you find some un-answered questions.

VB
Thanks a lot Damanisshallo, really appriciated your help.

We will wait till Sep2013 to apply Set(LR) for my wife then.
I always thought applying dependant is easier and decision is faster (less than 6 months).

A quick query on Set(LR), my wife has 10 yrs valid stay with the passport with out any breaks, so she won't need to submit document, ie council tax, gas, NI etc. right?

Thanks again for your help.
VB

Style13
Newly Registered

Post by Style13 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:52 pm

nadeem toheed wrote:
Life in the uk test
Wish you good luck
Hi Nadeem thanks for getting back to me, can you please tell me if the UKBA does accept the photocopies of my previous visas for the application of the 10 years residency?

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:23 pm

ZEBRA wrote:A quick query on Set(LR), my wife has 10 yrs valid stay with the passport with out any breaks, so she won't need to submit document, ie council tax, gas, NI etc. right?
Even, I'd have thought so, unless someone has pointed otherwise.
Skydrives, Templates

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:23 am

Style13 wrote:
nadeem toheed wrote:
Life in the uk test
Wish you good luck
Hi Nadeem thanks for getting back to me, can you please tell me if the UKBA does accept the photocopies of my previous visas for the application of the 10 years residency?
Why do you want to submit photocopies when your previous visas are on your passport. Explain your situation completely

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:41 am

tonystar wrote: hi .
i hv same situation , i got my ilr last month on 10yrs long residence my last visa was psw, and my wife is psw dependant visa till jan2014, she came this june 2009 on student visa,
bt i asked different solicitors funds 18600 is req flr(m) application, and wait for 5 yrs then i apply ilr,
i dont know wht is the right answer, plz inform me wht is right answer thanks
Hope you didn't paid him already... ask for a refund if you did... He is knows nothing

yande
Newly Registered

ILR obtained

Post by yande » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:44 am

silent member on here, but a very useful site

Date applied: 25 February 2013
Acknowlegdment: 28 February 2013
Money Taken: 28 February 2013
Biometric Invitation: 8 March 2013 (Letter dated 5 March)
Biometric Completed: 11 March 2013
ILR Approval Letter: 6 June 2013
BRP: 6 June 2013
Document Return: 6 June 2013

That is my timeline for SET (O) based on 10 years long residence. Total 15 weeks of waiting.

My case is straightforward (5 years student + 1 year IGS + 4 years work permit) and so probably why it was relatively quick.

At time of application I had been in UK 10 years and 3 months. I also only had 4 months left on my 5 year work permit

As a note, as of this month I could also have gone down the 5 year work permit route (and processed same day) as this was an option for me but the minimum document requirements (i.e I only sent my passport + Life in UK Test Certificate) of long residence made this the better choice for me.

The Home Office are improving, and my only advice to anyone applying is be prepared to WAIT!

Keep the faith

Jagwah
Newly Registered

So happy right now!

Post by Jagwah » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:10 pm

Okay so I travel all the time and not having my passport has literally felt like torture to me. This site helped me sooooo much on days I was about to go loco and now my wait is over! Thanks to everyone that comes on here and shares their stories and words of encouragement. Thanks iboards!

Finally got my passport and documents back today. My ILR has been granted! Thank you Jesus! Finally I can exhale and go on holiday :) lol

(ps extra info: I was 9 years student and 1 year+ PSW. Initially started studying on tourist visa before changing over. My PSW wasn't going to expire till August but I applied in January anyway)

Application date: 08/01/2013
Acknowledgement: 14/01/2013
Biometric invite: 01/02/2013 (received 04/02)
Biometric done: 05/02/2013
ILR Approved: 13/06/2013
Documents and passport received: 17/06/2013
BRP: Waiting

Last month when I called I was told they were still on September applicants and my heart sunk so low thinking I might have 3-4 months to wait. For everyone still waiting, hang in there good news is coming xoxo

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

Re: So happy right now!

Post by amjadleeds » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:39 pm

congradulation to you,

I am Oct 2012 applicant still waiting don't know how long will take, just need your prayers.

Regards
amjad

nadeem toheed

Post by nadeem toheed » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:25 pm

amjadleeds wrote:congradulation to you,

I am Oct 2012 applicant still waiting don't know how long will take, just need your prayers.

Regards
amjad
Hi Amjad
B patient and you will get your one v soon
Pray to Allah and recite surah waqiah
Best of Luck

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:37 pm

nadeem toheed wrote:
amjadleeds wrote:congradulation to you,

Regards
amjad
Hi Amjad
B patient and you will get your one v soon
Pray to Allah and recite surah waqiah
Best of Luck
Totally agree, recite ”Hasbunallahu wa-ni’mal wakeel Wa Alallahi Tawakkalnaa”. Allah is sufficient for us and He is our Guardian, and upon Allah do we rely
Skydrives, Templates

ppycrmt

Re: ILR obtained

Post by ppycrmt » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:18 pm

What docs did you send?
yande wrote:silent member on here, but a very useful site

That is my timeline for SET (O) based on 10 years long residence. Total 15 weeks of waiting.

My case is straightforward (5 years student + 1 year IGS + 4 years work permit) and so probably why it was relatively quick.

At time of application I had been in UK 10 years and 3 months. I also only had 4 months left on my 5 year work permit

As a note, as of this month I could also have gone down the 5 year work permit route (and processed same day) as this was an option for me but the minimum document requirements (i.e I only sent my passport + Life in UK Test Certificate) of long residence made this the better choice for me.

The Home Office are improving, and my only advice to anyone applying is be prepared to WAIT!

Keep the faith

ppycrmt

Re: ILR obtained

Post by ppycrmt » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:10 pm

Silly me, you have said it in your post already. Thanks for your advice.
ppycrmt wrote:What docs did you send?
yande wrote:silent member on here, but a very useful site

Keep the faith

MM121
Newly Registered

ILR APPROVED

Post by MM121 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:47 pm

With the grace of God. Blessings of my parents and especially my uncle, aunty and all my friends and family, I finally got my ILR Approved.

Got a letter from solicitor confirming the same.

Many thanks to all who support each other here and keep us all going.

Best of luck to all my dear friends here waiting for there approval.

God bless.