ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Prince74

Re: free initial representation waiting times

Post by Prince74 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:18 pm

verbina wrote:Hello all! Hope everyone is having a great weekend and hopefully there will be good news in the post of many of us in the week ahead! (fingers crossed)

Belated congrats to those of you who had positive outcomes recently ( Cookie & Co)!

God give strength and patience to those of us who had been rejected lately or still playing the waiting game.... :(

Just wondered if anyone had any experience of a similar situation to mine or any thoughts or suggestions please :)

I was an overstayer initially. Gave birth to my daughter (who is now 12) ,
but due to domestic violence between her farther and I , I was forced to go back to my native Russia and attempt to instigate custody proceedings from there. Which didnt work out, so not wanting to be away from my child any longer I used a false document to enter UK illegally (as I feared my previous immigration history will make it difficult for me to get a British visa conventional way, despite my daughter).

To cut the long story short, I then went through 3 years of family courts in UK which resulted in my daughter being taken into care by Social Services as her father had some anger-management issues and my daughter couldnt be placed with me because of my non-existent immigration status.

Since the final Care Order had been made my daughter got her British passport , but at the moment the court orders for contact between my daughter and I are only 1 day per month (7 hours).

5 months ago UKBA enforcement Commandos raided my flat (that I shared with my best friend who is also Russian).

Consequently we were both detained and taken to Yarl's Wood, we have been given removal directions etc.

This is when I finally got solicitor involved and after a week in detention ( exactly the next day after my solicitor sent a free representation to UKBA on my behalf) I was released on a temporary admission to report bi-weekly at reporting centre.

Sadly enough my friend had remained in detention, then following a paid application (£1200) she was released on bail , then she was refused again, detained and deported back to Russia last week :(.

My question is: if we were detained at the same time how comes her case was over and done with so quickly.... I obviously understand the complexities of my own case and the need for extra time to investigate further into it. But its been 5 months now that I been reporting and I ve not had as much as biometrics letter from UKBA. Its totally frustrating not knowing whats going to happen and when.

Especially as my friend only had a matter of days to organise herself to leave the country after her application was refused.

Thank you very much for reading this and thank you in advance for your replies.
The short answer to your question is that it was easier to remove your friend than it is to remove you and this is largely due to the fact that you have a British child.

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:18 pm

verbina wrote:Hello all! Hope everyone is having a great weekend and hopefully there will be good news in the post of many of us in the week ahead! (fingers crossed)

Belated congrats to those of you who had positive outcomes recently ( Cookie & Co)!

God give strength and patience to those of us who had been rejected lately or still playing the waiting game.... :(

Just wondered if anyone had any experience of a similar situation to mine or any thoughts or suggestions please :)

but due to domestic violence between her farther and I , I was forced to go back to my native Russia and attempt to instigate custody proceedings from there. Which didnt work out, so not wanting to be away from my child any longer I used a false document to enter UK illegally (as I feared my previous immigration history will make it difficult for me to get a British visa conventional way, despite my daughter).

To cut the long story short, I then went through 3 years of family courts in UK which resulted in my daughter being taken into care by Social Services as her father had some anger-management issues and my daughter couldnt be placed with me because of my non-existent immigration status.

Since the final Care Order had been made my daughter got her British passport , but at the moment the court orders for contact between my daughter and I are only 1 day per month (7 hours).

5 months ago UKBA enforcement Commandos raided my flat (that I shared with my best friend who is also Russian).

Consequently we were both detained and taken to Yarl's Wood, we have been given removal directions etc.

This is when I finally got solicitor involved and after a week in detention ( exactly the next day after my solicitor sent a free representation to UKBA on my behalf) I was released on a temporary admission to report bi-weekly at reporting centre.

Sadly enough my friend had remained in detention, then following a paid application (£1200) she was released on bail , then she was refused again, detained and deported back to Russia last week :(.

My question is: if we were detained at the same time how comes her case was over and done with so quickly.... I obviously understand the complexities of my own case and the need for extra time to investigate further into it. But its been 5 months now that I been reporting and I ve not had as much as biometrics letter from UKBA. Its totally frustrating not knowing whats going to happen and when.

Especially as my friend only had a matter of days to organise herself to leave the country after her application was refused.

Welcome Verbina, to answer your question from what you have said your friend has no connection to the UK so no family e.g children or husband. In your case you have a british child..They have to protect the interest of your child. You have contact with ur child which is great. As long as you have given the right evidence e.g any legal papers from the court. Evidence you see ur child, Child passport and birth certificate and any other letters to support ur application. There is no worries for you. They are taking time and by the 5months is not long when it comes to the homeoffice. You will be granted as long as you provide the right documents. In terms of ur fake documents. Please confirm if they found these when they came to ur house.
Godgives

ajmal

Post by ajmal » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:24 pm

She might be on her original Identitiy and have record at UK homeoffice but as you enter on flase indentity they cannot send you back on flase indentity

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:34 pm

ajmal wrote:

She might be on her original Identitiy and have record at UK homeoffice but as you enter on flase indentity they cannot send you back on flase indentity
Thank you for your reply! But no quite, I mean as I was already in the system during my family proceedings using my real name, my real name is also on my daughter's birth certificate. So when we were arrested I gave my real name-same name as representation was made for with statements from my social workers attached stating that my daughter will be devastated if I was to be removed.

So yeah, they have got all my real info, my Moscow home address etc

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:54 pm

GodGives wrote:

Welcome Verbina, to answer your question from what you have said your friend has no connection to the UK so no family e.g children or husband. In your case you have a british child..They have to protect the interest of your child. You have contact with ur child which is great. As long as you have given the right evidence e.g any legal papers from the court. Evidence you see ur child, Child passport and birth certificate and any other letters to support ur application. There is no worries for you. They are taking time and by the 5months is not long when it comes to the homeoffice. You will be granted as long as you provide the right documents. In terms of ur bad quality documents. Please confirm if they found these when they came to ur house.
Awwwh, thank you so much for reassuring words!!
I totally understand that months is by no means a long wait by UKBA standards :), but sometimes it just helps to get a second opinion - ust to confirm one s not going mad lol.:)
Urrrm in terms of bad quality documents, nope they've not found anything as it was immediately disposed of upon my safe arrival in UK.
But as I instigated family court proceedings myself, I had to explain to court how I managed to re-enter UK again and also explain my lack of valid visa in my Russian passport. So I thought honesty to be the best policy (besides in 2010 when I had my family trial, was way before Theresa May declared a major war on immigration, so it wasnt as interwined with family stuff, health care etc), so I safely confessed, knowing that the family courts couldnt care less if I was illegal alien.
In fact they commissioned addendum immigration advice for me, as Social Services stressed that my immigration status is the main impediment for me to have my daughter returned to my care.
The advice was for me to return to Russia and re-apply from there, which I was intending to do, but by the time proceedings had finished (2012), new family immigration rules were introduced (which I didnt know about until I was at Yarl's Wood and my solicitor informed me that I no longer need to return to Russia and apply for a visa, but I can apply from here for a discretionary leave outside the rules.

Thank you so much for listening to all this! :)

ajmal

Post by ajmal » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:57 pm

verbina wrote:
ajmal wrote:

Thank you for your reply! But no quite, I mean as I was already in the system during my family proceedings using my real name, my real name is also on my daughter's birth certificate. So when we were arrested I gave my real name-same name as representation was made for with statements from my social workers attached stating that my daughter will be devastated if I was to be removed.

What did you said about your passport? Where is your original passport? In there record you have not entered into the UK on original passport.

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:13 pm

ajmal wrote:
verbina wrote:
ajmal wrote:

What did you said about your passport? Where is your original passport? In there record you have not entered into the UK on original passport.
I told them the truth in family court, then repeated the truth when i was arrested. UKBA had a record of my real name from long time ago, when I used to go to school in London, then overstayed when I was 18. So I told them I re-entered illegally 3 years ago, but binned the fake documents straight away. Besides, my fingerprints were in the system from going to court years ago to testify against my ex partner ( as I was illegal I had to agree to be 'arrested voluntarily' for my immigration offences and be bailed immediately-just a formality , to enable me to stand in the witness box). So they took my fingerprints then.
Sorry Im being unclear :oops:

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:19 pm

verbina wrote:
GodGives wrote:

Welcome Verbina, to answer your question from what you have said your friend has no connection to the UK so no family e.g children or husband. In your case you have a british child..They have to protect the interest of your child. You have contact with ur child which is great. As long as you have given the right evidence e.g any legal papers from the court. Evidence you see ur child, Child passport and birth certificate and any other letters to support ur application. There is no worries for you. They are taking time and by the 5months is not long when it comes to the homeoffice. You will be granted as long as you provide the right documents. In terms of ur bad quality documents. Please confirm if they found these when they came to ur house.
I totally understand that months is by no means a long wait by UKBA standards :), but sometimes it just helps to get a second opinion - ust to confirm one s not going mad lol.:)
Urrrm in terms of bad quality documents, nope they've not found anything as it was immediately disposed of upon my safe arrival in UK.
But as I instigated family court proceedings myself, I had to explain to court how I managed to re-enter UK again and also explain my lack of valid visa in my Russian passport. So I thought honesty to be the best policy (besides in 2010 when I had my family trial, was way before Theresa May declared a major war on immigration, so it wasnt as interwined with family stuff, health care etc), so I safely confessed, knowing that the family courts couldnt care less if I was illegal alien.
In fact they commissioned addendum immigration advice for me, as Social Services stressed that my immigration status is the main impediment for me to have my daughter returned to my care.
The advice was for me to return to Russia and re-apply from there, which I was intending to do, but by the time proceedings had finished (2012), new family immigration rules were introduced (which I didnt know about until I was at Yarl's Wood and my solicitor informed me that I no longer need to return to Russia and apply for a visa, but I can apply from here for a discretionary leave outside the rules.

. you will definitely be fine.you have a child who is a British citizen so i cant see any reason why you should not be granted.my advice for you is to keep reporting to the immigration Centre and do n0t try to abscond.your visa is round the corner. As for your friend,she was deported because she has no British partner or child. Goodluck

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:26 pm

yahwadud wrote:
verbina wrote:
GodGives wrote:

. you will definitely be fine.you have a child who is a British citizen so i cant see any reason why you should not be granted.my advice for you is to keep reporting to the immigration Centre and do n0t try to abscond.your visa is round the corner. As for your friend,she was deported because she has no British partner or child. Goodluck
Awwwh thank you :)

labelle

Post by labelle » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:02 pm

verbina wrote:
yahwadud wrote:
verbina wrote:
GodGives wrote:

Hi verbina ,
This might be a shot in the dark question but I have to ask, do you know why the ukba raided your flat ?
Totally agree with the comments above ,your daughter being British is your "
"ace card"
I hope you get your status sorted soon .
PEACE IS NOT THE ABSENCE OF TROUBLE BUT THE PRESENCE OF JESUS CHRIST.

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:26 pm

labelle wrote:
verbina wrote:
yahwadud wrote:
verbina wrote:

Hi verbina ,
This might be a shot in the dark question but I have to ask, do you know why the ukba raided your flat ?
"ace card"
Hi babe! Urrrrm good question..... It was actually someone I know who 'shopped' me to UKBA and my poor friend just happened to be collateral damage :(. Suppose for me it turned out to be a blessing, finally Im sorting my immigration out...

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:32 pm

verbina wrote:
yahwadud wrote:
verbina wrote:
GodGives wrote:

Thats great they know ur immigration history and you told them about the fake documents. You will be fine. As i said before you have noting to worry about
Godgives

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:33 pm

yahwadud wrote:
verbina wrote:
GodGives wrote:

Yahwadud its good to see you on the forum been a while how are things on ur side. Am I right in saying you appealed to the Homeoffice decision on ur case. Do remind me
Godgives

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:30 pm

@ Verbina

Please don't be involved again in any criminal activity to give yourself a chance of success.
They could be watching you so be careful!

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:36 pm

GodGives wrote:
yahwadud wrote:
verbina wrote:
GodGives wrote:

Yahwadud its good to see you on the forum been a while how are things on ur side. Am I right in saying you appealed to the Homeoffice decision on ur case. Do remind me
@ godgives. Yes it's been quiete a while since I make a comment on this forum but to be honest,I have been following the forum 24/7.lol. I have done my oral hearing on 5/6/2013.everything went well eventhough the home office representative try to confused the judge about my immigration history(worked illegally for 6 yrs with a fodge passport)but to my advantage,the judge told him that the Secretary of State has already agreed that my relationship with my British partner is genuine and subsisting .also my barrister made it clear to judge that my British partner is epileptic disable and am her sole carer and only person living with her.my barrister told the judge that immigration history does not matter where their is a genuine and subsisting relationship with an insoumourntable obstacle(my partners disability). So finger cross pal.am just waiting for judge decision

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:45 pm

verbina wrote:
labelle wrote:
verbina wrote:
yahwadud wrote:. you will definitely be fine.you have a child who is a British citizen so i cant see any reason why you should not be granted.my advice for you is to keep reporting to the immigration Centre and do n0t try to abscond.your visa is round the corner. As for your friend,she was deported because she has no British partner or child. Goodluck
Hi verbina ,
"ace card"
Hi babe! Urrrrm good question..... It was actually someone I know who 'shopped' me to UKBA and my poor friend just happened to be collateral damage :(. Suppose for me it turned out to be a blessing, finally Im sorting my immigration out...
samething happen to me January 2012 pal.someone that knows my immigration history rang up the home office and I was arrested at work but to god be the glory,I had already submitted all my documents to my lawyer .my application was submitted the same day I was arrested.beware of some bad friends out there !

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:49 pm

yahwadud wrote:
verbina wrote:
labelle wrote:
verbina wrote: Awwwh thank you :)
Hi verbina ,
"ace card"
samething happen to me January 2012 pal.someone that knows my immigration history rang up the home office and I was arrested at work but to god be the glory,I had already submitted all my documents to my lawyer .my application was submitted the same day I was arrested.beware of some bad friends out there !
http://www.immigrationboards.com/postin ... t&p=860760

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:53 pm

yahwadud wrote:
yahwadud wrote:
verbina wrote:
labelle wrote:
Hi verbina ,
"ace card"
http://www.immigrationboards.com/postin ... t&p=860760
godgives. Yes it's been quiete a while since I make a comment on this forum but to be honest,I have been following the forum 24/7.lol. I have done my oral hearing on 5/6/2013.everything went well eventhough the home office representative try to confused the judge about my immigration history(worked illegally for 6 yrs with a fodge passport)but to my advantage,the judge told him that the Secretary of State has already agreed that my relationship with my British partner is genuine and subsisting .also my barrister made it clear to judge that my British partner is epileptic disable and am her sole carer and only person living with her.my barrister told the judge that immigration history does not matter where their is a genuine and subsisting relationship with an insoumourntable obstacle(my partners disability). So finger cross pal.am just waiting for judge decision

rec212

Post by rec212 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:20 am

@verbina
I should say that you got guts after all what happened to you because it must have been so stressful! I really wish you the best!

@everyone
So if someone has made an FLR(o) application on the basis of a private life with a British cutizen or child, does that mean they cannot deport him/her?
I am married to a British citizen and my first flr(o) has been refused (maybe because i was a visitor by the time I applied) cuz that was one of their pathetic arguments in the refusal letter... Another argument is that i have my parents in my home country thus i have more ties their that in the uk...
When my visitor visa run out, I waited for 20 days and made a new FLR(o) so i am hoping this time my case worker won't be too harsh and use overstaying against me...
I got letter of support from family members to prove ties in here...
I am too disapointed now that i am quite sure i will be refused again but all i am asking for is the right to appeal.
Do you think i have any chance of being granted?
Been in the uk for 7 months now legally.
Married to a British for 1 year.
Cant go back cuz i am sueing previous solicitor who gave me wrong advice and that my wife's health conditon doesnt allow her to live in a hot country like mine.
Thx in advance for ur comments

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:52 am

@rec

Hello pal I understand how you feel buddy but please don't not loose hope and be positive minded as the ukba got wierd ways of dealing with case and trust me its not as easy as it seems to deport someone because it cost them a lot aswell so most cases they will just grant it and hey the good thing is your married for a 1year that a strong point and the more they delay it the more your marriages length increases so be patient my friend nothing is impossible in the hands of The Lord so stop saying your gonna be rejected ok.

ajmal

Post by ajmal » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:40 am

rec212 wrote:@verbina
I should say that you got guts after all what happened to you because it must have been so stressful! I really wish you the best!

@everyone
So if someone has made an FLR(o) application on the basis of a private life with a British cutizen or child, does that mean they cannot deport him/her?
I am married to a British citizen and my first flr(o) has been refused (maybe because i was a visitor by the time I applied) cuz that was one of their pathetic arguments in the refusal letter... Another argument is that i have my parents in my home country thus i have more ties their that in the uk...
When my visitor visa run out, I waited for 20 days and made a new FLR(o) so i am hoping this time my case worker won't be too harsh and use overstaying against me...
I am too disapointed now that i am quite sure i will be refused again but all i am asking for is the right to appeal.
Cant go back cuz i am sueing previous solicitor who gave me wrong advice and that my wife's health conditon doesnt allow her to live in a hot country like mine.

Your case is very weak. You cannot switch from visitor visa to any other visa within UK. The case worker strictly follow the immigration law and decide application accordingly. Whether you are married to British citizen or not the law does allow visitor to change to any other category. If they start giving overstayer and visitors visa within UK the whole immigration policy will breakdown. It is unfair with those people who follow the immigration law. You are just wasting your time and money here. They will not encourage overstayers to legalize ther stay here so easily.

Tuga

Post by Tuga » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:25 am

ajmal wrote:
rec212 wrote:@verbina

@everyone

Your case is very weak. You cannot switch from visitor visa to any other visa within UK. The case worker strictly follow the immigration law and decide application accordingly. Whether you are married to British citizen or not the law does allow visitor to change to any other category. If they start giving overstayer and visitors visa within UK the whole immigration policy will breakdown. It is unfair with those people who follow the immigration law. You are just wasting your time and money here. They will not encourage overstayers to legalize ther stay here so easily.
Ajmal,
In as much as you have a point in your response, I think your wording is too callous and insensitive.
You could have advised rec212 without reminding him of his woes. And in any case, the home office is the sole body responsible for decision making and his application as far as I know is based on flro compassionate grounds.

I do share your point of the difficulty of switching but the new application is not a switch; even though it will still be challenging on his part to show why he can't go back and apply from his home country, in my opinion there isn't any harm in trying same here, and for that I will hope that his case is successful.

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:10 pm

@ajmal

Wow your reply to rec is very harsh n mean and what on earth is going through your head about overstayers and visitors visa can't regulise their status ? People here has successfully been granted visa and some are overstayers with visitors visa..... Flr o is based on compassionate ground..... Give the ukba a good reason why you overstayed and can't go back home and show them your ties and how much you have integrated here than you should be fine.......stop putting people down ok seeing people with worse and weaker case get granted

@rec

Please ignore that post and keep the faith ok nothing is impossible if you believe and fight for it.

rec212

Post by rec212 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:22 pm

@onlyme and Tuga, thanks a lot my friend for your support, it means a lot. Well i know he is being callous so my hopes are not going to be dampened by such irational thinking and negative thoughts.

@ajmal, When i was a visitor, i should not have applied for anything but its not my fault that i have been scammed and advised to do something stupid; thats why i am sueing them :) in addition, like onlyme1 said, many overstayers in this forum have been granted So get your facts right and finally i am not waisting time and money as this will all be worth it at the end ;) thx!!

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:00 pm

rec212 wrote:@onlyme and Tuga, thanks a lot my friend for your support, it means a lot. Well i know he is being callous so my hopes are not going to be dampened by such irational thinking and negative thoughts.

@ajmal, When i was a visitor, i should not have applied for anything but its not my fault that i have been scammed and advised to do something stupid; thats why i am sueing them :) in addition, like onlyme1 said, many overstayers in this forum have been granted So get your facts right and finally i am not waisting time and money as this will all be worth it at the end ;) thx!!

With GOD all things are possible just keep the faith and be positive,,theres always a way round the system.