ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:12 pm

ajmal wrote:
rec212 wrote:@verbina
I should say that you got guts after all what happened to you because it must have been so stressful! I really wish you the best!

@everyone
So if someone has made an FLR(o) application on the basis of a private life with a British cutizen or child, does that mean they cannot deport him/her?
I am married to a British citizen and my first flr(o) has been refused (maybe because i was a visitor by the time I applied) cuz that was one of their pathetic arguments in the refusal letter... Another argument is that i have my parents in my home country thus i have more ties their that in the uk...
When my visitor visa run out, I waited for 20 days and made a new FLR(o) so i am hoping this time my case worker won't be too harsh and use overstaying against me...
I got letter of support from family members to prove ties in here...
I am too disapointed now that i am quite sure i will be refused again but all i am asking for is the right to appeal.
Do you think i have any chance of being granted?
Been in the uk for 7 months now legally.
Married to a British for 1 year.
Cant go back cuz i am sueing previous solicitor who gave me wrong advice and that my wife's health conditon doesnt allow her to live in a hot country like mine.
Thx in advance for ur comments

Your case is very weak. You cannot switch from visitor visa to any other visa within UK. The case worker strictly follow the immigration law and decide application accordingly. Whether you are married to British citizen or not the law does allow visitor to change to any other category. If they start giving overstayer and visitors visa within UK the whole immigration policy will breakdown. It is unfair with those people who follow the immigration law. You are just wasting your time and money here. They will not encourage overstayers to legalize ther stay here so easily.
Ajmal has a point and is correct in saying "Home office will not encourage overstayers to legalize ther stay here so easily".I wouldnt say his message was callous he went straight to the point without sugar coating. I was an over stayer at one point and was just searching for that one solicitor to tell me I had a case,which doesn't make my chances and greater.My point is hearing nice sugar coated stories wont help you my dear what you need is honesty that way you prepare your self for the worst and handle it should needs be.The question is was Ajmal lying or was it that the truth wasnt what you wanted to hear?

@ Rec
The only callous ones here are UKBA, keep fighting but keep in mind your chances in my view its best to deal with honesty and prepare yourself down to a T.I knew where i stood when I got married as an over stayer 5 years ago. It was either i was granted or refused after which I knew i could appeal or leave the Uk and apply back home. Either way it is not the end of the world you only loose if you stop fighting the UKBA Your in my prayers.

Saadi
Newly Registered

Post by Saadi » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:19 pm

Just to share our good news, after a 15 month wait I've just got my DLR 30 months waiting biometrics card, best feeling in the world, inshallah you guys are next xxxxx

11akb

Post by 11akb » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:35 pm

Saadi wrote:Just to share our good news, after a 15 month wait I've just got my DLR 30 months waiting biometrics card, best feeling in the world, inshallah you guys are next xxxxx
many many congrat :lol: great news can you share your story

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:52 pm

Another good news wow The Lord is great and @babycake how can you say that message ain't callous ? Telling someone who's fighting for what he or she believes in that they just wasting there money is a very callous statement if ukba does not encourage overstayers to regulise there status then I don't see the point in flr o :)

Babycake you need to stop looking out for the mail man now hahahaha it will come to you in Jesus name :)

Beat wishes to you all ........my application is now 13months but ino they have no choice but to grant is :) The Lord is in control lol

lekmat01
Newly Registered

my contribution

Post by lekmat01 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:57 pm

@rec212
I just want to contribute to this great forum,If you have a British wife and child your application will be granted especially a British child because I was on visitor visa and got my 30 months resident permit on February even though I used FLR M not O but my application used 7 months.So I did know some people who are over stayers in my local area and has a British children and home office still grant them about last month.All my saying is that anyone that has a British child your application will be 70% successful than only have a British wife or husband[/b][/b]

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:48 pm

Saadi wrote:Just to share our good news, after a 15 month wait I've just got my DLR 30 months waiting biometrics card, best feeling in the world, inshallah you guys are next xxxxx
Congrats Saadi. Mine is 15months next week. Fingerscrossed
Godgives

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:53 pm

Chidy wrote:@ Verbina

Please don't be involved again in any criminal activity to give yourself a chance of success.
They could be watching you so be careful!
Errrrrm thank you very much for your advice, but Ive never been involved in any criminal activity whatsoever, nor do I have any desire to engage in such :)

GodGives
Member of Standing

Re: free initial representation waiting times

Post by GodGives » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:53 pm

yahwadud wrote:
verbina wrote:
GodGives wrote:
verbina wrote:Hello all! Hope everyone is having a great weekend and hopefully there will be good news in the post of many of us in the week ahead! (fingers crossed)

Belated congrats to those of you who had positive outcomes recently ( Cookie & Co)!

God give strength and patience to those of us who had been rejected lately or still playing the waiting game.... :(

Just wondered if anyone had any experience of a similar situation to mine or any thoughts or suggestions please :)

I was an overstayer initially. Gave birth to my daughter (who is now 12) ,
but due to domestic violence between her farther and I , I was forced to go back to my native Russia and attempt to instigate custody proceedings from there. Which didnt work out, so not wanting to be away from my child any longer I used a false document to enter UK illegally (as I feared my previous immigration history will make it difficult for me to get a British visa conventional way, despite my daughter).

To cut the long story short, I then went through 3 years of family courts in UK which resulted in my daughter being taken into care by Social Services as her father had some anger-management issues and my daughter couldnt be placed with me because of my non-existent immigration status.

Since the final Care Order had been made my daughter got her British passport , but at the moment the court orders for contact between my daughter and I are only 1 day per month (7 hours).

5 months ago UKBA enforcement Commandos raided my flat (that I shared with my best friend who is also Russian).

Consequently we were both detained and taken to Yarl's Wood, we have been given removal directions etc.

This is when I finally got solicitor involved and after a week in detention ( exactly the next day after my solicitor sent a free representation to UKBA on my behalf) I was released on a temporary admission to report bi-weekly at reporting centre.

Sadly enough my friend had remained in detention, then following a paid application (£1200) she was released on bail , then she was refused again, detained and deported back to Russia last week :(.

My question is: if we were detained at the same time how comes her case was over and done with so quickly.... I obviously understand the complexities of my own case and the need for extra time to investigate further into it. But its been 5 months now that I been reporting and I ve not had as much as biometrics letter from UKBA. Its totally frustrating not knowing whats going to happen and when.

Especially as my friend only had a matter of days to organise herself to leave the country after her application was refused.

Thank you very much for reading this and thank you in advance for your replies.
Welcome Verbina, to answer your question from what you have said your friend has no connection to the UK so no family e.g children or husband. In your case you have a british child..They have to protect the interest of your child. You have contact with ur child which is great. As long as you have given the right evidence e.g any legal papers from the court. Evidence you see ur child, Child passport and birth certificate and any other letters to support ur application. There is no worries for you. They are taking time and by the 5months is not long when it comes to the homeoffice. You will be granted as long as you provide the right documents. In terms of ur bad quality documents. Please confirm if they found these when they came to ur house.
Awwwh, thank you so much for reassuring words!!
I totally understand that months is by no means a long wait by UKBA standards :), but sometimes it just helps to get a second opinion - ust to confirm one s not going mad lol.:)
Urrrm in terms of bad quality documents, nope they've not found anything as it was immediately disposed of upon my safe arrival in UK.
But as I instigated family court proceedings myself, I had to explain to court how I managed to re-enter UK again and also explain my lack of valid visa in my Russian passport. So I thought honesty to be the best policy (besides in 2010 when I had my family trial, was way before Theresa May declared a major war on immigration, so it wasnt as interwined with family stuff, health care etc), so I safely confessed, knowing that the family courts couldnt care less if I was illegal alien.
In fact they commissioned addendum immigration advice for me, as Social Services stressed that my immigration status is the main impediment for me to have my daughter returned to my care.
The advice was for me to return to Russia and re-apply from there, which I was intending to do, but by the time proceedings had finished (2012), new family immigration rules were introduced (which I didnt know about until I was at Yarl's Wood and my solicitor informed me that I no longer need to return to Russia and apply for a visa, but I can apply from here for a discretionary leave outside the rules.

Thank you so much for listening to all this! :)
. you will definitely be fine.you have a child who is a British citizen so i cant see any reason why you should not be granted.my advice for you is to keep reporting to the immigration Centre and do n0t try to abscond.your visa is round the corner
. As for your friend,she was deported because she has no British partner or child. Goodluck
U will be granted Yawahdud. They will have to because u are a cater to Ur wife.
Godgives

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:56 pm

Great news!!!!! Congrats for you and your family!!

InShalla there will be more good news to come for us all!!

verbina
United Kingdom

Re: free initial representation waiting times

Post by verbina » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:04 pm

yahwadud wrote:
verbina wrote:
labelle wrote:
verbina wrote: Awwwh thank you :)
Hi verbina ,
This might be a shot in the dark question but I have to ask, do you know why the ukba raided your flat ?
Totally agree with the comments above ,your daughter being British is your "
"ace card"
I hope you get your status sorted soon .
Hi babe! Urrrrm good question..... It was actually someone I know who 'shopped' me to UKBA and my poor friend just hAsappened to be collateral damage :(. Suppose for me it turned out to be a blessing, finally Im sorting my immigration out...
samething happen to me January 2012 pal.someone that knows my immigration history rang up the home office and I was arrested at work but to god be the glory,I had already submitted all my documents to my lawyer .my application was submitted the same day I was arrested.beware of some bad friends out there !
Yikes!!! It was well lucky for you that you already had your application in on that day! But I can only imagine how awful it was having them bad boys in blue coming in to your workplace!!!!!
Too right about bad friends-theres some pretty evil people out there...
As of now Im only discussing my visa issues on this forum! :)
Thank you all for support guys!!

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:07 pm

ONLYME1 wrote:Another good news wow The Lord is great and @babycake how can you say that message ain't callous ? Telling someone who's fighting for what he or she believes in that they just wasting there money is a very callous statement if ukba does not encourage overstayers to regulise there status then I don't see the point in flr o :)

Babycake you need to stop looking out for the mail man now hahahaha it will come to you in Jesus name :)

Beat wishes to you all ........my application is now 13months but ino they have no choice but to grant is :) The Lord is in control lol
Maaaan I just wish there was a *LIKE* button to click on this forum lol ;)

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:09 pm

verbina wrote:
ONLYME1 wrote:Another good news wow The Lord is great and @babycake how can you say that message ain't callous ? Telling someone who's fighting for what he or she believes in that they just wasting there money is a very callous statement if ukba does not encourage overstayers to regulise there status then I don't see the point in flr o :)

@godgives. Check yr inbox

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:54 pm

yahwadud wrote:
verbina wrote:

@godgives. Check yr inbox
@yahwadud I have read Ur msg as I said because u are d sole cater for Ur wife u will he granted. Evidence is key once u can prove u are the sole carer and u live together u will get granted. All the best
Godgives

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:19 pm

I should say that you got guts after all what happened to you because it must have been so stressful! I really wish you the best!

@everyone
So if someone has made an FLR(o) application on the basis of a private life with a British cutizen or child, does that mean they cannot deport him/her?
I am married to a British citizen and my first flr(o) has been refused (maybe because i was a visitor by the time I applied) cuz that was one of their pathetic arguments in the refusal letter... Another argument is that i have my parents in my home country thus i have more ties their that in the uk...
When my visitor visa run out, I waited for 20 days and made a new FLR(o) so i am hoping this time my case worker won't be too harsh and use overstaying against me...
I am too disapointed now that i am quite sure i will be refused again but all i am asking for is the right to appeal.
Cant go back cuz i am sueing previous solicitor who gave me wrong advice and that my wife's health conditon doesnt allow her to live in a hot country like mine.
Thank you very much for your kind words and wishes! :)

Im not sure exactly of your circumstances, but having had a quick look at your previous posts, I understand your wife suffers from diabetes and you are her primary carer.
Ive seen a lot of contradicting information on internet regarding whether they can or they cant deport someone who is married to a British citizen/ has a British citizen child .

I understand if you are both (married and have a British child), then your case is very strong irrespectful of your previous immigration offences.
But if you're married to a British citizen, then they have to have the minimum income of £18.600 per annual to be able to support a spouse from outside EEA. Or they have to show considerable amounts in savings ( but there are restrictions on sources of savings accepted etc, so its pretty shady).

If your wife's income doesnt meet UKBA requirements threshold, her disability and the fact that it will be detrimental for her health condition to accompany you to your home country due to the hot climate should give your solicitor plenty of points to argue.

Once again, in either circumstances your previous immigration history shouldnt matter as you have a genuine subsiding relationship with a British person in this country, nor should the fact that you have your parents or any ties back in your home country matter at all.

As your wife obviously relies on you so much in her daily care, it will be unreasonable to expect you to leave UK and re-apply for a spouse visa from your home country, as your wife will be left alone without your help.

As you are a genuine person in a genuine relationship you have nothing to fear, just pretty much get your heads together with your solicitor and fight for what you believe to be right!
All the best for you!

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:28 pm

verbina wrote:

@everyone
Thank you very much for your kind words and wishes! :)

Im not sure exactly of your circumstances, but having had a quick look at your previous posts, I understand your wife suffers from diabetes and you are her primary carer.
Ive seen a lot of contradicting information on internet regarding whether they can or they cant deport someone who is married to a British citizen/ has a British citizen child .

I understand if you are both (married and have a British child), then your case is very strong irrespectful of your previous immigration offences.
But if you're married to a British citizen, then they have to have the minimum income of £18.600 per annual to be able to support a spouse from outside EEA. Or they have to show considerable amounts in savings ( but there are restrictions on sources of savings accepted etc, so its pretty shady).

If your wife's income doesnt meet UKBA requirements threshold, her disability and the fact that it will be detrimental for her health condition to accompany you to your home country due to the hot climate should give your solicitor plenty of points to argue.

Once again, in either circumstances your previous immigration history shouldnt matter as you have a genuine subsiding relationship with a British person in this country, nor should the fact that you have your parents or any ties back in your home country matter at all.

As your wife obviously relies on you so much in her daily care, it will be unreasonable to expect you to leave UK and re-apply for a spouse visa from your home country, as your wife will be left alone without your help.

As you are a genuine person in a genuine relationship you have nothing to fear, just pretty much get your heads together with your solicitor and fight for what you believe to be right!
All the best for you!
@verbina and @ godgives.thanks a lot for yr kind words .will keep you update as soon as I receive the judge determination .

majojo

What do you think guys

Post by majojo » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:49 pm

Hi guys I just want to talk about my case to see what others think off . I applied for FLRO reason is my wife had a surgery in August and before she couldn't work due to her illness so she started working in October I was on student visa and I finished my course in septet and started working in contort last year full time so basically I andy wife used 3 months payslips together becausey visa was about to expire ending of January . Our combined salary meets the 18600 but we only had 3 months payslip becaus I wanted to apply fort visa beforehand student visa expired so in all instead of FLM I applied for the 10 year partner route using 3 months combined payslips . Help help help what do you guys think

yahwadud

Re: What do you think guys

Post by yahwadud » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:25 pm

majojo wrote:Hi guys I just want to talk about my case to see what others think off . I applied for FLRO reason is my wife had a surgery in August and before she couldn't work due to her illness so she started working in October I was on student visa and I finished my course in septet and started working in contort last year full time so basically I andy wife used 3 months payslips together becausey visa was about to expire ending of January . Our combined salary meets the 18600 but we only had 3 months payslip becaus I wanted to apply fort visa beforehand student visa expired so in all instead of FLM I applied for the 10 year partner route using 3 months combined payslips . Help help help what do you guys think
@majojo.you have think cleverly and taken the best option to apply for FLRO instead of FLRO Because you could not meet the criterial for a spouse visa . You have not overstayed your student visa and that is a plus for your application .am sure you will be granted bruv.try to send a letter to Home office explaining the reason why you and yr wife only managed to provide three months pay slips e.t.c.try to do these before a decision is made on your application.goodluck

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:26 pm

yahwadud wrote:
majojo wrote:Hi guys I just want to talk about my case to see what others think off . I applied for FLRO reason is my wife had a surgery in August and before she couldn't work due to her illness so she started working in October I was on student visa and I finished my course in septet and started working in contort last year full time so basically I andy wife used 3 months payslips together becausey visa was about to expire ending of January . Our combined salary meets the 18600 but we only had 3 months payslip becaus I wanted to apply fort visa beforehand student visa expired so in all instead of FLM I applied for the 10 year partner route using 3 months combined payslips . Help help help what do you guys think
@majojo.you have think cleverly and taken the best option to apply for FLRO instead of FLRO Because you could not meet the criterial for a spouse visa . You have not overstayed your student visa and that is a plus for your application .am sure you will be granted bruv.try to send a letter to Home office explaining the reason why you and yr wife only managed to provide three months pay slips e.t.c.try to do these before a decision is made on your application.goodluck
I meant to write-instead of FLRM

majojo

Post by majojo » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:39 pm

yahwadud wrote:
yahwadud wrote:
I meant to write-instead of FLRM
@yahwadud i did all of that. i sent it in january 15 days before it expired... so am waiting i called them last week they said it is outstanding lol meaning they havnt touched it but the man said they aim to finish all by end of summer hmmm.. chale this b wahala oo

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:01 pm

Congratulations! Enjoy your freedom!

cutepanda
Newly Registered

Post by cutepanda » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:45 pm

[quote="majojo"][quote="yahwadud"][quote="yahwadud"][quote="majojo"]Hi guys I just want to talk about my case to see what others think off . I applied for FLRO reason is my wife had a surgery in August and before she couldn't work due to her illness so she started working in October I was on student visa and I finished my course in septet and started working in contort last year full time so basically I andy wife used 3 months payslips together becausey visa was about to expire ending of January . Our combined salary meets the 18600 but we only had 3 months payslip becaus I wanted to apply fort visa beforehand student visa expired so in all instead of FLM I applied for the 10 year partner route using 3 months combined payslips . Help help help what do you guys think[/quote]@majojo.you have think cleverly and taken the best option to apply for FLRO instead of FLRO Because you could not meet the criterial for a spouse visa . You have not overstayed your student visa and that is a plus for your application .am sure you will be granted bruv.try to send a letter to Home office explaining the reason why you and yr wife only managed to provide three months pay slips e.t.c.try to do these before a decision is made on your application.goodluck[/quote] I meant to write-instead of FLRM[/quote]

@yahwadud i did all of that. i sent it in january 15 days before it expired... so am waiting i called them last week they said it is outstanding lol meaning they havnt touched it but the man said they aim to finish all by end of summer hmmm.. chale this b wahala oo[/quote]

Hey Majojo, wot's the number u called the UKBA? I want to ask about my application as well.

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:22 am

So I have rang homeoffice again just now just to see if I can get a update,smh(shake my head) I spoke to a very nice lady I told her my details,she check she said application is still in progress its still ongoing,I ask her isit allocated a caseworker as yet she said yes it as been allocated a caseworker,she also said I can c that ur mp as made a request for update aswel recently I said yes she ask if I have receive a response from ukba about my mp letter I told them no she puts me on hold and when she said regarding my mp letter they will respond to it soon,but they aint got a time limit of when case will decide. I guess I just av to continue pray and fingers cross I hear from them soon. What I would like to know if a case as been allocated a case worker what does that means?

ThisYear

Post by ThisYear » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:41 am

Congrats Saadi :D

@Elastep, I really emphatise with you but all hope should not be lost. I pray the decision will be reconsidered to your favour.

@Sanny, it means it is now being looked into by an individual and you should soon get a response. All the best.

Crossing everything possible that more good news this week!!!
FLR(O) private life/parent of BC
App sub - Feb2012
Contact HO - Feb2013
Further info requested - Apr2013
Decision - Refused Nov2013
JR - Dec2013
JR withdrawn - Mar 2014
JR Sealed - Jun 2014
Granted - Aug 2014

Saadi
Newly Registered

Post by Saadi » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:31 pm

@sanny
If it helps for you to know, we were told it was with a case work team, a week later they asked for more bills and statements etc, then a few days later we we got our good news. So hang on in there for another few weeks and I pray you get good news x

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:40 pm

Saadi wrote:@sanny
If it helps for you to know, we were told it was with a case work team, a week later they asked for more bills and statements etc, then a few days later we we got our good news. So hang on in there for another few weeks and I pray you get good news x
.congrats saadi. check yr inbox pls