ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR/MN1

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

params0073
United Kingdom

ILR/MN1

Post by params0073 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:23 pm

Hi All,
Sorry for asking this question as this might be answered in this forum but I was not able to find the answer. The question is myself and my wife is going to apply for ILR 2014(dec).After getting the ILR, can we straight away (in the same PEO appointment) register my daughter as British i.e MN1(she is born in uk) or we need to send the application/book appointment later?

Thanks

Param

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR/MN1

Post by Amber » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:36 pm

params0073 wrote:Hi All,
Sorry for asking this question as this might be answered in this forum but I was not able to find the answer. The question is myself and my wife is going to apply for ILR 2014(dec).After getting the ILR, can we straight away (in the same PEO appointment) register my daughter as British i.e MN1(she is born in uk) or we need to send the application/book appointment later?

Thanks

Param
You cannot apply for registration or naturalisation at a PEO. Your child does not need to apply for ILR as s(he) is entitled to register as British by virtue of section 1(3) of the British Nationality Act. This can be done as soon as you are granted ILR. The application (MN1) can be made by post or through the NCS (click)
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

tanvirni

Re: ILR/MN1

Post by tanvirni » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:37 pm

D4109125 wrote:
params0073 wrote:Hi All,

Thanks

Param
You cannot apply for registration or naturalisation at a PEO. Your child does not need to apply for ILR as s(he) is entitled to register as British by virtue of section 1(3) of the British Nationality Act. This can be done as soon as you are granted ILR. The application (MN1) can be made by post or through the NCS (click)
Also here is the MN1 FAQs

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=95747

params0073
United Kingdom

Post by params0073 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:41 pm

Thanks for you help. :D