ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI OR PIO For Minor

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sun_in_rome
- thin ice -

OCI OR PIO For Minor

Post by sun_in_rome » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:16 pm

just wondering what is better???? Oci Or Pio????

geek1981

Post by geek1981 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:05 pm

I got PIO for my 2 year old and it is valid for 15 years and there is no need for renewal every 5 years when renewing passport. OCI needs renewal every 5 years when renewing british passport. So i think PIO is better in that way.

mrproblem

Post by mrproblem » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:07 pm

geek1981 wrote:I got PIO for my 2 year old and it is valid for 15 years and there is no need for renewal every 5 years when renewing passport. OCI needs renewal every 5 years when renewing british passport. So i think PIO is better in that way.
My daughter has got PIO and we also applied for OCI. She is only 2 year old. OCI is currently processing. Once we receive OCI, is PIO valid or not?

vij_sp_1980

Post by vij_sp_1980 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:48 am

pio is no more valid once u get OCI and moreover you need to return your PIO card when u r going for OCI collection.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:30 am

geek1981 wrote:I got PIO for my 2 year old and it is valid for 15 years and there is no need for renewal every 5 years when renewing passport. OCI needs renewal every 5 years when renewing british passport. So i think PIO is better in that way.
PIO card is only valid if accompanied by a current passport. You also need to get new passport details endorsed for PIO.

as per current fee structure - this will cost £9.
similar service for OCI will cost £18

longresidence

Post by longresidence » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:35 am

Hello mate,

Could please help me on the below topic, I think as u know, u got ur PIO card. I need some advice on the PIO please, if u can.

Basically, I got ILR n holding indian passport( expired and the new) and my wife is on FLRM. my child got British passport, n no other passports holding earlier.

We want to travel to india next month.
Can u please tell me that is my child eligible to get PIO card? if yes, what shall I produce to apply?

on the website its not clear that, I need to surrender passport etc etc, but this PIO card is for my child. In that case what shall I surrender. My child only got British passport, no other passports holding yet.

N what are the documents to apply inorder to get PIO? and How long it takes to get?

we are planning to go to india sometime in july 2nd week to end of the month.
I m bit confused with the process and its not clear on the website.

As u got PIO, could u please tell me the process from end to end.

I would really appreciate for ur help n advice.

Many Thanks