ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Importance of Tenancy agreement for Tier 1 dependent.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

datla
Newly Registered

Importance of Tenancy agreement for Tier 1 dependent.

Post by datla » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:57 pm

Can some one please shed some light on the importance of having a tenancy agreement when you file visa for your spouse for a Tier 1 General migrant ?

I'm currently living in a shared accommodation for which I don't have any documentation and if at all if it's mandatory I've to rent a house just for documentation as I'm not sure when she may come over.

Please help!

Cheers,
Raja

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Re: Importance of Tenancy agreement for Tier 1 dependent.

Post by shahid2000 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:17 pm

datla wrote:Can some one please shed some light on the importance of having a tenancy agreement when you file visa for your spouse for a Tier 1 General migrant ?

I'm currently living in a shared accommodation for which I don't have any documentation and if at all if it's mandatory I've to rent a house just for documentation as I'm not sure when she may come over.

Please help!

Cheers,
Raja
I may not be up to date on this but it used to be quite important a couple of years back when i applied. Basically you have to show that you have a place which is "suitable" for dep and yourself to live in. Spouse and partners can share a single room wheras for anyone else you will have to show a separate room. Sorry this is all from memory.

loveworld

Post by loveworld » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:53 pm

I personally think it is important that you must have docs to prove that your wife or partner is living with you in same address.

6 cohabitation Docs from 3 sources, Electric bills, water bills and council tax bills, all in joint names is ok
=========================

My Advise is only personal view it cannot be taken as substitute of solicitor or any professional .

datla
Newly Registered

Post by datla » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:57 pm

Thanks for your response. She is not living with me at the moment. She is back home in India and never visited this country yet.

loveworld

Post by loveworld » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:49 pm

In that case only your name docs required
=========================

My Advise is only personal view it cannot be taken as substitute of solicitor or any professional .