ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parents visit visa done - General visitor of Tier 2 sponsor

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lawabidingimmigrant

Parents visit visa done - General visitor of Tier 2 sponsor

Post by lawabidingimmigrant » Wed May 08, 2013 7:28 pm

Hi

Just thought to share with all . My parents UK General visitor visa got done recently and they have now arrived here on a 6 months visa.

Only slight problem during submission of visa application as below:

- My mum & dad booked visa appointment on the same day for same time slot to be able to submit application together.

- However the lady at VAC who was verifying all documents found that my dad had little bit of colour on his right thumb and she rudely refused to allow him to submit his application giving reason that finger prints will not be good enough. Her other colleagues insisted that it was good to go ahead and take his finger prints but this lady was just adamant. She turned away few other visa applicants for similar reason and did not allow them to do their finger prints.

- We just submitted my mum's visa application that day. Luckily I had taken a spare appointment for my father with a gap of 2 days from original appointment just in case I need it and it was very very useful for me.

- Otherwise my father's visa wouldn't have come on time and our travel plan would have got messed up completely as we had confirmed air tickets for 5 travelers.

Always have a spare appointment handy just in case you are turned away on your original appointment for some or other reason.

vinny

Re: Parents visit visa done - General visitor of Tier 2 spon

Post by vinny » Thu May 09, 2013 1:58 am

lawabidingimmigrant wrote:- However the lady at VAC who was verifying all documents found that my dad had little bit of colour on his right thumb and she rudely refused to allow him to submit his application giving reason that finger prints will not be good enough. Her other colleagues insisted that it was good to go ahead and take his finger prints but this lady was just adamant. She turned away few other visa applicants for similar reason and did not allow them to do their finger prints.
Why couldn't they retake your father's fingerprints again, on the spot?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

lawabidingimmigrant

Re: Parents visit visa done - General visitor of Tier 2 spon

Post by lawabidingimmigrant » Thu May 09, 2013 9:24 am

vinny wrote: Why couldn't they retake your father's fingerprints again, on the spot?
The lady was very rude, she did not even allow my father to have fingerprints taken even once and asked him to come later. My mum & dad panicked as they wanted to submit application together.

Luckily I had taken a spare appointment with a gap of 2 days. He went again 2 days later, this time there was a different staff member who was very cooperative and helped him submit the visa application.

I'm thinking of writing to BHC to report this incident as this lady refused to get fingerprints done for few others too.

SeetharamaR
Newly Registered

Post by SeetharamaR » Fri May 10, 2013 12:33 pm

Hi,
Thanks for sharing this information.
Just wanted to ask if you would be able to mention what documents did you provide to support your parents application for visit.
Many thanks,
Seetharama

lawabidingimmigrant

Post by lawabidingimmigrant » Sat May 11, 2013 8:30 pm

Below are the documents I recall we submitted with the visa application form.

Parents Documents:

1) Income Proof - Pension documents (Parents - Retired)
2) Funds Maintenace - 6 months Bank Statements, Fixed Deposits
3) Address Proof - Utility Bills, Bank Statments
4) Cover Letter
5) Sponsor/Invite Letter
6) Travel Plan
7) Passport (Original + Photocopy)
8 ) Photographs
9) Cash for Visa Fees

Sponsor Documents:

1) Income Proof - 6 months payslips
2) Passport Biodata pages + UK Visa copies
3) Fund Maintenance - 6 months Bank Statements, Fixed Deposits, Cash ISAs
4) Tenancy Agreement Copy
5) Address Proof - Utility Bills

SeetharamaR wrote:Hi,
Thanks for sharing this information.
Just wanted to ask if you would be able to mention what documents did you provide to support your parents application for visit.
Many thanks,
Seetharama

SeetharamaR
Newly Registered

Post by SeetharamaR » Thu May 16, 2013 9:11 pm

That's so great.Thank you very much.
regards,
Seetharama

theabrar

Post by theabrar » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:31 am

Hi, Thanks for the post, this is exactly I was looking for.

I have 2 questions, though,

1. how long did it took to get the visa's?
2. what is the advisable amount for Fund Maintenance?

Thanks.

lawabidingimmigrant

Post by lawabidingimmigrant » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:54 pm

1. Visa was done in 3 weeks
2. My parents were maintaining equivalent of £5000 each in Fixed Deposits & as a sponsor I was maintaining same amount in my UK account. This much amount need not be maintained. It would depend on the duration of stay and approximate expenses expected during their stay,
Last edited by lawabidingimmigrant on Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

theabrar

Post by theabrar » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:37 am

amul
Newly Registered

Need advice

Post by amul » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:31 pm

Hello theabrar,

I am also planning to apply for travel visa for my parents but problem is they don't have funds available in their account. Can I show the amount in bank as the maintenance funds?

How many months I need to show in my bank account and what should be amount for 3 people?
Please advice

amul
Newly Registered

Need advice - funds

Post by amul » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:34 pm

Hello lawabidingimmigrant,

I am also planning to apply for travel visa for my parents but problem is they don't have funds available in their account. Can I show the amount in bank as the maintenance funds?

How many months I need to show in my bank account and what should be amount for 3 people?

Please advice

lawabidingimmigrant

Re: Need advice - funds

Post by lawabidingimmigrant » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:58 pm

Sorry I was no longer watching this thread so did not get the notification.

1) I did not understand what you mean by "but problem is they don't have funds available in their account. Can I show the amount in bank as the maintenance funds?"

Whose account are those funds in? Your parents or any other general visitor will need to ensure that they have enough funds to support their travel to the UK and take care of their expenses even if all/part of the expenses will be taken care by sponsor in UK. UKBA needs to be convinced that both the sponsor and the visitor are capable to taking care of the expenses of visitors travel, accommodation, food, etc.

2) How many months I need to show in my bank account and what should be amount for 3 people?

How long are they going to stay? I had provided 6 months bank statement for visitor & sponsor. Maintain enough balance for atleast 90 days I would suggest. (6 months would be better)

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:20 pm

Thanks for the insights. I've had a slightly different experience. Basically, you need to prove to the visa officers:

- The relatives you're inviting over are well-settled in their home countries (with jobs / pension / savings / business, etc)

- You have a reasonable job / status in the UK and can support them if required.

I don't think you need to provide six months bank statements / payslips for yourself. I just provided 2 months bank statement and a recent bank statement. They can clearly see the money coming.

The main thing is that the relatives / parents should have a good standing in their home countries and should look likely to return back. There's no hard and fast rule to have a particular level of bank statement, or saving, etc.