ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CODE 1A STAMP

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Pablito
Member of Standing
Poland

CODE 1A STAMP

Post by Pablito » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:44 pm

I was waiting to share these news with everyone.

We had arrived in Calais at 1:40AM, i had with me 2 marriage certificates, one from Philippines and one from Poland. I had also prepared some documentations concerning our rights. We had waited at the EU Lane, when we finally approached the desk I politely informed the officer that we are seeking admission with code 1A stamp and told him that person accompanying me is my wife i handed in both marriage certificates. He started checking my wife's passport and repeating that she needs visa, all in polite manner. He consulted his friend, he seemed to appreciate the fact that she had schengen visa. All took maybe four minutes, after that he brought the stamp and placed it in my wife's passport. There was no questioning of any kind. The officers were French. I don't know if all of them always are. At the present moment we are headed for Scotland, very tired already but happy. We will still proceed with appeal because we had already paid and I will keep this matter with Solvit, let's see how effective their help is. I will keep everybody posted.

Diomond

Post by Diomond » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:12 pm

WOW :D Congrats mate. i was waiting for your post. Well done. and good luck for the future. I am going from Ireland soon hopefully the border force will know about this stamp. Thanks .

ukforever
Member of Standing

Re: CODE 1A STAMP

Post by ukforever » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:15 pm

Pablito wrote:I was waiting to share these news with everyone.

We had arrived in Calais at 1:40AM, i had with me 2 marriage certificates, one from Philippines and one from Poland. I had also prepared some documentations concerning our rights. We had waited at the EU Lane, when we finally approached the desk I politely informed the officer that we are seeking admission with code 1A stamp and told him that person accompanying me is my wife i handed in both marriage certificates. He started checking my wife's passport and repeating that she needs visa, all in polite manner. He consulted his friend, he seemed to appreciate the fact that she had schengen visa. All took maybe four minutes, after that he brought the stamp and placed it in my wife's passport. There was no questioning of any kind. The officers were French. I don't know if all of them always are. At the present moment we are headed for Scotland, very tired already but happy. We will still proceed with appeal because we had already paid and I will keep this matter with Solvit, let's see how effective their help is. I will keep everybody posted.
very happy for u pablito,i was advising u to do so long time ago...u could have avoided the headache with the ukba bureaucracy in just showing off at the borders and this is what u did anyway,what i'm trying to say is u could have saved so much money,as i was aware of your whole story via this forum,nevertheless,so happy for u and i'm glad u are the one laughing now..
keep us posted when the appeal is up and specially when u apply for the residence card..very curious to see what is next in your saga..good luck and again,very glad of the outcome.
UK------++++-------****

ukforever
Member of Standing

Post by ukforever » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:25 pm

i don't think the IO's were french as i don't think they have a say in letting non eea/eu citizens to the uk..!!because its not their borders,and i'm sure only ukba staff can allow people get to the country with the stamp 1A .
are u sure they were french immigration officers??its odd,because i don't see ukba staff letting people seek admission without a visa to go to france..!!
what i meant is the french will never give a stamp to the ukba to let people in from the uk.
i've read so many stories in this forum of people showing at the borders at calais and they always pass first by the french IO'S boot and after they let them go through,they get to speak to the IO'S from the other side,which is the ukba boot.
UK------++++-------****

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:39 pm

So, french immigration issuing stamps for UK immigration.

Well, that's a new one.

Either he could not work out the difference between french and british, or the its a c0ck and bull story.

Aine002

Post by Aine002 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:11 am

Congrats Pablito!
When i lost my money on a plane ticket, when they didn't let us board, i was thinking that we should try Calais but we were to scared hehe. Good for you.
We are going to apply for EEA2 now.
Wish you good luck with everything. :)

Pablito
Member of Standing
Poland

Post by Pablito » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:48 pm

Ayyubi72 wrote:So, french immigration issuing stamps for UK immigration.

Well, that's a new one.

Either he could not work out the difference between french and british, or the its a c0ck and bull story.

Well actually Ayyubi72, as you can see people like Ainee who posted here did not travel to the border because she was afraid, same as us were to some point afraid that something may go wrong. However we did it and not only for our own sake but also for other people's sake who may feel uncertain of this path to UK.

From the other hand there is guy like you appearing and posting false alternatives to people that either this or that is true, which is very insulting to assume other peoples intelligence where you don't even know me at all. You from the other hand did nothing to take into consideration that perhaps there is another very possible alternative to add which is so-to-speak due to your lack of open mindedness apparently that perhaps you are wrong to think that it is impossible was placed by French since the border is on the french side and give me 1 decent reason why you think it is impossible for a french guy to be the one to place the stamp? At least until this point this 1 French guy did something according to EU rules where all our attempts with Brits failed either because of incompetence or because of arrogance that they won't take any personal responsibility for their unlawful decisions.

The guy spoke very clear french with his colleague I think this is the strongest argument that I can hold here and besides we received the stamp and there was no other check after ferry on British land.

As I said it is maybe possible that there are not many British working night shifts, it was also kinda my instinct that it will be better for us to travel at night.

So please next time you post something just make sure that you talk sense before you make any insulting assumptions. Try to appreciate other peoples effort and willingness to share with others to help build better future for all of us, not only to get something sorted for selfish reasons.

Pablito
Member of Standing
Poland

Post by Pablito » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:06 pm

Ainee002 and UKforever thank you very much.

UKforever, my decision to travel to the border has nothing to do with stubbornness, I know what your advice was and I appreciate it, but it was me to get the risk. As I said in my previous posts that we intend to do it, the only question was when. I know you do quite a lot on this forum to help people as much as possible and to the best of your knowledge, but the truth is when people begin to ask very specific questions regarding problems they face, it is often very hard to acquire any specific answers and those responses become generalized to somehow make up for inability to give particular case answers. This is I guess the very reason why people are scared, but each case won proves and adds to reliability of this path.

The only thing we so far paid was 80£ for appeal which I hope after is won will go back to our pocket. I desired to have this appeal because I wonder much what really can be done from the side of tribunal, Solvit and European Commission. I will keep everybody posted.

ukforever
Member of Standing

Post by ukforever » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:53 pm

Pablito wrote:Ainee002 and UKforever thank you very much.

UKforever, my decision to travel to the border has nothing to do with stubbornness, I know what your advice was and I appreciate it, but it was me to get the risk. As I said in my previous posts that we intend to do it, the only question was when. I know you do quite a lot on this forum to help people as much as possible and to the best of your knowledge, but the truth is when people begin to ask very specific questions regarding problems they face, it is often very hard to acquire any specific answers and those responses become generalized to somehow make up for inability to give particular case answers. This is I guess the very reason why people are scared, but each case won proves and adds to reliability of this path.

The only thing we so far paid was 80£ for appeal which I hope after is won will go back to our pocket. I desired to have this appeal because I wonder much what really can be done from the side of tribunal, Solvit and European Commission. I will keep everybody posted.
i agree totally with u pablito,i'm sorry,u got me wrong,i did not blame or question what u did,or because u delayed,i know for a fact that its not an easy step to take,u know,traveling to the uk the way u did it with 2 refusals..people are just scared with no refusal at all and they hesitate..
i praise your courage and i think that,what u did could motivate people in the future to just have courage and keep in mind that your rights come first...what i was aiming when i was advising u was to give u a little push,so u can get on with your life.. :-)..sometimes u hesitate and when u get many people encouraging u,then its much easier to go for it.
thanks for saying what u said about me trying to help people,i know that u would do the same when u get the chance..its not easy to be honest,i try always to be 100% objective and give my personal advise if i can help if i know about the case or as much as i'm aware of similar cases then i think its normal to try and help those who need help.
i wish u the best in the future,take it easy.
UK------++++-------****

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:05 pm

Pablito wrote:The guy spoke very clear french with his colleague I think this is the strongest argument that I can hold here and besides we received the stamp and there was no other check after ferry on British land.
In Calais, UKBA operate on the French side before the ferry. There are no checks on disembarkation. In all my crossings, UKBA booth was always manned while the French one didn't seem to work all the time. Are you sure they were French immigration. Are you sure you got a UK code 1A stamp?

Pablito
Member of Standing
Poland

Post by Pablito » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:18 am

Jambo wrote:
Pablito wrote:The guy spoke very clear french with his colleague I think this is the strongest argument that I can hold here and besides we received the stamp and there was no other check after ferry on British land.
In Calais, UKBA operate on the French side before the ferry. There are no checks on disembarkation. In all my crossings, UKBA booth was always manned while the French one didn't seem to work all the time. Are you sure they were French immigration. Are you sure you got a UK code 1A stamp?
Jambo, there was only one booth operating on the french side and it didn't say anything like UKBA but only something in french like police something... after disembarkation there was two UKBA officers who asked the driver if they could see passangers list but were satisfied that all passengers came from Paris and Lille and didn't check anyone.

I will say once again that the guy who placed the stamp was French, anyway if he was British why should he discuss this matter with other officer in french? and yet his friendly manner, accent didn't sound like British at all, previously I had lived to UK for almost 8yrs I can tell difference.

Guys I tell you I had strong feeling that it may be easier for us to get this stamp while traveling at night, this is how it went.

Your last question was if this was for sure code 1A stamp I admit I can't really deduct this from the stamp itself, but the guy knew what we want and brought some particular big stamp, it says 61 on it, I figured maybe it means 61 day, since I heard about those new stamps with 2 months expiry date.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:43 am

It should be two stamps, and both should say something in English.

One should have 'Immigration officer' a number, the date and Calais written at the bottom.

The other should say 'Leave to enter the UK is hereby given for/until" and then six months written in and in the boxes a combination of letters and numbers.

Pablito
Member of Standing
Poland

Post by Pablito » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:49 am

PaperPusher wrote:It should be two stamps, and both should say something in English.

One should have 'Immigration officer' a number, the date and Calais written at the bottom.

The other should say 'Leave to enter the UK is hereby given for/until" and then six months written in and in the boxes a combination of letters and numbers.
Ok so there is only 1 stamp saying Calais at the bottom with some numbers and outbound arrow, so she didn't get the code 1a stamp then? So what to do with that then? Funny but I thought there is no way to get to UK without getting proper stamp.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:32 am

It would appear that you have a French exit stamp.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:40 am

It seems that you got exit stamp from Schengen and not a UK entry Code 1A. It's quite rare that UKBA don't examine people.

Not having a stamp should not affect your application for a Residence Card using form EEA2 (if you wish to apply for one).

ukforever
Member of Standing

Post by ukforever » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:54 pm

i agree with jumbo,it shouldn't be a problem,as long as u have a stamp leaving the schenggen area,then if u choose to apply for RC (eea2)then i don't see any issues there...whatever u choose to do,good luck.
but i have to admit,its very rare that the ukba staff did not or were not at the border at that time to inspect people,they must had a tea party or they probably were sleeping.. :lol:
UK------++++-------****

Pablito
Member of Standing
Poland

Post by Pablito » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:43 pm

This is all very strange to myself, but I am a person of faith and I think God sometimes works in mysterious ways.

When I think about it, I wouldn't want my wife to be questioned especially because I know they would find out about those previous refusals. Maybe after all this is something good that happened to us.

I will need to get some job very soon and I will apply for residence card. Hope all will go well, I am not sure if I should let my wife apply for a job just yet? I know it may be difficult for her without any visa but improbable or impossible?

ukforever
Member of Standing

Post by ukforever » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:26 pm

Pablito wrote:This is all very strange to myself, but I am a person of faith and I think God sometimes works in mysterious ways.

When I think about it, I wouldn't want my wife to be questioned especially because I know they would find out about those previous refusals. Maybe after all this is something good that happened to us.

I will need to get some job very soon and I will apply for residence card. Hope all will go well, I am not sure if I should let my wife apply for a job just yet? I know it may be difficult for her without any visa but improbable or impossible?
well,this is the point..because apparently u got a french stamp only,i think your wife can't secure any job or even apply for NI(national insurance number)usually when u get a stamp 1A u are allowed to work and apply for NI but in your case its different,i'm sure,when u apply for the residence card,u will get a COA which will allow her to work and apply for NI,other than that,i don 't think its possible.
i wish u the best and i hope everything is going to be as planned..good luck.
UK------++++-------****

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:31 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:It would appear that you have a French exit stamp.
A French exit stamp is just that.

If you do not already have PR, you will need to be a worker, etc before three months.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:15 am

It does not matter if you got a stamp or not on entering into the UK. All that matters is that you are with your wife and that she either starts working within the next three months, or is considered self sufficient.

Note that they can politely ask you and your wife some basic questions, but basically they have to let you in.

Were you travelling in a car or in a bus?

130am is an awful time to cross, just because everyone is so sleepy.

ukforever
Member of Standing

Post by ukforever » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:15 pm

i think it was the bus,in one of the posts he made,he said that the ukba IO asked to check for the list of passengers and they were all from paris and lille.
UK------++++-------****

Pablito
Member of Standing
Poland

Post by Pablito » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:41 am

Yes I traveled from Paris with IDBUS, actually my wife has already NI, but we will wait until I got some work, I don't want any problems.

ukforever
Member of Standing

Post by ukforever » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:12 am

Pablito wrote:Yes I traveled from Paris with IDBUS, actually my wife has already NI, but we will wait until I got some work, I don't want any problems.
nice one pablito,take it step by step..once u apply for RC then your wife would be eligible for work once she gets the COA.
good luck.
UK------++++-------****

ukforever
Member of Standing

Post by ukforever » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:30 am

hey pablito,what about the fact that your wife did not have a visa to the uk to travel with u,was it difficult for both of u to board the bus,how did u do to bypass that requirement,i know that for u it wouldn't be a problem knowing that u are an eu citizen,i'm curious to know if u had some convincing to do before they let u in the bus...!!can u please shed some light when u get a chance..thanks.
UK------++++-------****

Pablito
Member of Standing
Poland

Post by Pablito » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:56 am

ukforever wrote:hey pablito,what about the fact that your wife did not have a visa to the uk to travel with u,was it difficult for both of u to board the bus,how did u do to bypass that requirement,i know that for u it wouldn't be a problem knowing that u are an eu citizen,i'm curious to know if u had some convincing to do before they let u in the bus...!!can u please shed some light when u get a chance..thanks.
They actually don't care about visa, anyways my wife had schengen visa which would still allow her to travel at least to Calais border check.

They only check that the name on the ticket matches the one in the passport, that's it.