ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is immigration history taken into account for Spouse visa ?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

christine44

Is immigration history taken into account for Spouse visa ?

Post by christine44 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:31 pm

Is past immigration history taken into account when deciding on a spouse visa ? the application form asks: Have you travelled outside your country of residence (excluding to the UK) in the last 10 years ? and, Have you ever been refused, deported, removed or otherwise required to leave any country (including the UK) in the last 10 years ?
Last edited by christine44 on Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

christine44

Post by christine44 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:58 pm

Does anyone have any experience of applying for a spouse visa with a similar immigration history ? I can't find anything on the UKBA website that clarifies this issue and am worried that even if we meet all the criteria - financial, accomodation.... etc, that we could be refused on this.

christine44

Post by christine44 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:06 pm

Anyone out there with any knowledge or experience in this area ? Getting a bit worried that no response means our case is really complicated and we will either get refused or it will take forever to process. Should I be consulting an immigration solicitor ? Problem is we have no money to do that right now.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:51 pm

A family member visa is not subject to the 10 year ban but rather the suitability test but given the time and the fact that he was a minor I think it would be disproportionate to refuse him.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

christine44

Post by christine44 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:08 pm

What is the suitability test ? I can't remember seeing anything on this before ?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:10 pm

christinexd wrote:What is the suitability test ? I can't remember seeing anything on this before ?
The suitability requirements namely S-EC.1.8 (click)
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.