ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Style13
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years IRL application

Post by Style13 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:21 pm

saanju9 wrote:
Style13 wrote:
nadeem toheed wrote:
Style13 wrote:Can someone please tell me what documents I have to submit with my application for ILR, I have no gaps whatsoever and I have never stay behind my visa renewal periods? So any constructive suggestions will be highly appreciated.
You need to submit all of your passport having entry and exit stamp on it
Life in the uk test
Dont try to make your case so complicated having "extra" supporting documents
Wish you good luck
Hi Nadeem thanks for getting back to me, can you please tell me if the UKBA does accept the photocopies of my previous visas for the application of the 10 years residency?
Why do you want to submit photocopies when your previous visas are on your passport. Explain your situation completely
I don't currently have my previous passports with the visas on them. I only have the photocopies of the visas with me. However, I have no gap during my ten years stay, I will like to think that the UKBA will have all my records in place. Do you have any suggestions?

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:39 pm

LORD Krishna - Majesty of the Almighty

"Hare Krishna Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare Hare
Hare Rama Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare"

ILR approved

ILR under 10 Years

Application posted: 09/01/13
Bio-metric enrolled: 07/02/13
Documents received: 17/06/13
BRP received: 17/06/13

spouse FLR(m) Application posted: 25/01/13
spouse Bio-Metric enrolled :18/02/13
Spouse documents: Waiting

Thanks to all members who helped me and especially Damanisshallo and spidery_thread.

My prayers is always there for waiting ILR applicants.

members

Post by members » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:32 am

Dear z18runaway,

Many many wholehearted congratulations for your achievement! As a matter of coincidence, I will be applying for my ILR (under the 10 year route) in 2014 exactly on the same date as you did in 2013! I am keeping my fingers crossed as this is something we, who have spent 10 years of their life legally here in the UK, deserve as a right rather than an opportunity.

Anyway, please tell me a bit more about your spouse's FLR(M). I need some help regarding this. My scenario is that I am on Tier 1 PSW, and so my wife is a PBS dependant. Our extension was granted well before 9 July 2012 and thus my wife should be subject to the old rules that existed before 9 July 2012. As my wife's leave expires at the same time as me and as she doesn't qualify to apply as a dependent under long residency, she will have to extend her stay using FLR(M). Once her FLR(M) is approved and then she spends two years on that, she should then be eligible for settlement using SET(M).

If this was before 6th of April 2013, she could have applied using SET(M) straight after the approval of FLR(M). But as the rules currently stand: a PBS dependant not in a route to settlement (such as Tier 1 PSW) cannot switch to partner route and must spend two years on FLR(M).

Am I right so far? If yes, why I see in this forum that senior members suggesting that dependant of PBS migrant not on a route to settlement will be subject to the new rule in place after 9 July 2012! If that is to be true, I will have to earn £18600 and my wife will have to wait 5 years before she could settle. How is that justifiably possible as she was granted leave to remain before the 9th of July 2012!

Please shed some lights on this.

saanju9
Member of Standing

Re: 10 years IRL application

Post by saanju9 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:27 am

Style13 wrote: I don't currently have my previous passports with the visas on them. I only have the photocopies of the visas with me. However, I have no gap during my ten years stay, I will like to think that the UKBA will have all my records in place. Do you have any suggestions?
I would say apply for SAR and submit it.

bn413121281
Newly Registered

how do you get docs back from ukba once ILR approved

Post by bn413121281 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:08 pm

Hello All,
This question for those who received docs back from ukba once ILR APPROVED.

how did you guys get docs back . was it first class recorded or normal second class not signed delivery?

Please mention with date approval..

members

Post by members » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:16 pm

members wrote:Dear z18runaway,

Many many wholehearted congratulations for your achievement! As a matter of coincidence, I will be applying for my ILR (under the 10 year route) in 2014 exactly on the same date as you did in 2013! I am keeping my fingers crossed as this is something we, who have spent 10 years of their life legally here in the UK, deserve as a right rather than an opportunity.

Anyway, please tell me a bit more about your spouse's FLR(M). I need some help regarding this. My scenario is that I am on Tier 1 PSW, and so my wife is a PBS dependant. Our extension was granted well before 9 July 2012 and thus my wife should be subject to the old rules that existed before 9 July 2012. As my wife's leave expires at the same time as me and as she doesn't qualify to apply as a dependent under long residency, she will have to extend her stay using FLR(M). Once her FLR(M) is approved and then she spends two years on that, she should then be eligible for settlement using SET(M).

If this was before 6th of April 2013, she could have applied using SET(M) straight after the approval of FLR(M). But as the rules currently stand: a PBS dependant not in a route to settlement (such as Tier 1 PSW) cannot switch to partner route and must spend two years on FLR(M).

Am I right so far? If yes, why I see in this forum that senior members suggesting that dependant of PBS migrant not on a route to settlement will be subject to the new rule in place after 9 July 2012! If that is to be true, I will have to earn £18600 and my wife will have to wait 5 years before she could settle. How is that justifiably possible as she was granted leave to remain before the 9th of July 2012!

will someone please reply?

Yash33
Newly Registered

Post by Yash33 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:13 pm

Very useful forum to be kept updated on recent succesful applications. It gives hope to all those applicants including myself who are patiently waiting for decisions on set (o) application long residency 10 years.

Time Line:

Application sent : Thursday 24th Jan 2013
Received by UKBA : Friday 25th Jan 2013.
Fees taken by UKBA : Monday 28th Jan 2013
Biometric letter request dated : 8th Feb 2013.
Biometric done : Post Office on 21st Feb 2013.

Waiting......

From the sky drives, it looks like the UKBA are currently processing Dec 2012 and 1st week of Jan 2013 applications...

I called the Home office and was advised to wait and call back for an update in July 2013 after the 6 months have passed .

My Local MP also followed up and was advised that the application is with the case working team but no indication of when it will be processed.

Can anyone advise how long it takes since allocated to a case worker and the completion of the application?

Also, Congrats to all those who have been granted your ILRs...I can imagine the sense of relief... :)

Yash33
Newly Registered

Post by Yash33 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:32 pm

I have also updated sky drives with my time line...

ak_akhan
Newly Registered

Re: how do you get docs back from ukba once ILR approved

Post by ak_akhan » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:41 pm

bn413121281 wrote:Hello All,

how did you guys get docs back . was it first class recorded or normal second class not signed delivery?

1st Class Recorded... I had to sign

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:32 pm

members wrote:Dear z18runaway,

Am I right so far?

You are right up to this point. So, I don't see a need to investigate the rest of your query. May be there was a confusion at the early stages. Hope the mist is cleared now.

If yes, why I see in this forum that senior members suggesting that dependant of PBS migrant not on a route to settlement will be subject to the new rule in place after 9 July 2012! If that is to be true, I will have to earn £18600 and my wife will have to wait 5 years before she could settle. How is that justifiably possible as she was granted leave to remain before the 9th of July 2012!

Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

nadeem toheed

Re: how do you get docs back from ukba once ILR approved

Post by nadeem toheed » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:46 pm

bn413121281 wrote:Hello All,

Signed delivery

Benito

Re: ILR 10 years

Post by Benito » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:45 pm

Hi Damanisshallo,

Could you help me with three questions please?

1. My wife has been in the UK since Sep 2004 (student+tier 1 general) now she is on tier 1 general (first half 3 years) her visa expires in Nov 13 and she is about to extend her stay for an other 2 years. I'm a bit confused here, assuming that I will get my ILR (10 years) before her visa expires (Nov 13) can I apply straight to ILR Set (M) or FLR (M) or is it better to extend her visa with Tier 1 general? (which option is easier)
2. Do I have to show maintenance with SET(M)/FLR(M), if yes then how much is it and for what period?
3. Please correct me if I am wrong - My daughter was born in the UK, I know that I can apply for citizenship once I get my ILR using MN1 but in the country where I am from we cannot have dual citizenship, so even she is 3 years old I can apply for SET(F)? And again, do I have to show maintenance here? (how much and for what period?)
Thank you very much in advance!
Ben

uzbek_777
Newly Registered

received my docs yesterday

Post by uzbek_777 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:46 pm

Hey guys
i have been following this forum since Jan 2013
thank you for everyone for their great contribution
just wanted to give you my application details
Application sent via lawyers
on 30 jan 2013
finger prints submitted on 10 Feb 2013
application approved on 11 June 2013
documents received on 17 June 2013

good luck to everyone

Benito

Post by Benito » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:52 pm

Congratulations to all who's recently received there approvals!!!
And to all waiting, I wish that you get yours very soon!!!
Benito

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:30 pm

Thank you
Anyway, please tell me a bit more about your spouse's FLR(M). I need some help regarding this. My scenario is that I am on Tier 1 PSW, and so my wife is a PBS dependant.

same as me and my spouse.
Our extension was granted well before 9 July 2012 and thus my wife should be subject to the old rules that existed before 9 July 2012.
same here
As my wife's leave expires at the same time as me and as she doesn't qualify to apply as a dependent under long residency, she will have to extend her stay using FLR(M).

Thats what i did and still waiting for my spouse decision
Once her FLR(M) is approved and then she spends two years on that, she should then be eligible for settlement using SET(M).
Iam not fully aware of the statement you have given here, because your wife has already given entry clearance before july 2012 or extended s PBS before july 2012. At the moment i have been using damanisshallo advice regarding this and other queries asked by you.
But as the rules currently stand: a PBS dependant not in a route to settlement (such as Tier 1 PSW) cannot switch to partner route and must spend two years on FLR(M).
I need more info on this as well.

Now i took this statement from 'SUSHDMEHTA' thread :

Effect of changes to immigration rules being introduced on 09-Jul-12 and qualifying residence period for settlement

For anyone who applied .. for the very first time .... for leave as a "dependant" (of PBS migrant) .... before 09-Jul-12, then:
1. if you need to switch to FLR(M) and then apply for settlement later, you will remain subject to the current immigration rules and not the new rules becoming effective on 09-Jul-12, and
2. the qualifying period for settlement is 2 years.

For anyone who applied .. for the very first time .... for leave as "spouse/partner" (of settled person or British citizen) .... before 09-Jul-12, then:
1. if you need to extend using FLR(M) for some reason and then apply for settlement later, you will remain subject to the current immigration rules and not the new rules becoming effective on 09-Jul-12, and
2. the qualifying period for settlement is 2 years.

For anyone who applied .. for the very first time .... for leave as a "dependant" (of PBS migrant) or "spouse/partner" (of settled person or British citizen) .... after 08-Jul-12, then:
1. you will be subject to the new immigration rules becoming effective from 09-Jul-12, and
2. the qualifying period for settlement will be 5 years.

When can the dependant apply for settlement?

1. If main migrant's immigration category before settlement was under PBS - The dependant may be eligible for settlement when the dependant completes the qualifying residence period in the UK including stay as dependant of PBS migrant and stay as spouse of settled person (i.e.- on FLR(M) leave) (287(a)(i)(d) and 287(a)(i)(e)).

Note: There was an ambiguity (perhaps perceived) whether this rule(s) include dependant of a PBS migrant in a category that does not lead to settlement (e.g. - Tier 1 (PSW), Tier 4). Clarification on the issue has been received (as per the following post) from UKBA and it has been confirmed that all PBS dependants are included.

2. In all other cases - The dependant may be eligible for settlement as and when they fulfil the requirements of the relevant subsection under 287(a)(i).

If you switch to FLR(M), use SET(M) to apply for settlement.

Hope this helps you as i got clear answer after reading this.

Link is below

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=105162

zack001
Newly Registered

Re: So happy right now!

Post by zack001 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:25 am

Damanisshallo wrote:
nadeem toheed wrote:
amjadleeds wrote:congradulation to you,

I am Oct 2012 applicant still waiting don't know how long will take, just need your prayers.

Regards
amjad
Hi Amjad
B patient and you will get your one v soon
Pray to Allah and recite surah waqiah
Best of Luck
Totally agree, recite ”Hasbunallahu wa-ni’mal wakeel Wa Alallahi Tawakkalnaa”. Allah is sufficient for us and He is our Guardian, and upon Allah do we rely
JazakAllah Khair Damanishallo Very powerfull dua indeed.

Alhumdulillah! By the Grace of Almighty Allah. I have rec my ILR. Below is the timeline.....
App sent 16 Jan 2013
Brp Rec 18 Jun 2013

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:45 am

Benito wrote:Hi Damanisshallo,

Could you help me with three questions please?

1. My wife has been in the UK since Sep 2004 (student+tier 1 general) now she is on tier 1 general (first half 3 years) her visa expires in Nov 13 and she is about to extend her stay for an other 2 years. I'm a bit confused here, assuming that I will get my ILR (10 years) before her visa expires (Nov 13) can I apply straight to ILR Set (M) or FLR (M) or is it better to extend her visa with Tier 1 general? (which option is easier)

No she cannot make SET(M) application. I'd say FLR(M), as this is needed anyways even after PBS Dependant. So, why waste money on PBS Dependant and then on FLR(M) [As this switch is mandatory (as of now) where the main applicant is issued ILR under 10 yrs LR]

2. Do I have to show maintenance with SET(M)/FLR(M), if yes then how much is it and for what period?

I hope you din't mean to ask about Maintenance or may be you were referring to Financial Requirement. In your case, there is no need to meet the Financial Requirement. However, WRT Maintenance, yes, you'd have to prove that, you're well off to maintain & accommodate your family without relying on public funds.

3. Please correct me if I am wrong - My daughter was born in the UK, I know that I can apply for citizenship once I get my ILR using MN1 but in the country where I am from we cannot have dual citizenship, so even she is 3 years old I can apply for SET(F)? And again, do I have to show maintenance here? (how much and for what period?)

I've tried repeatedly re-reading this query to understand, with no success. What difference would it make if you cannot have dual nationality. I'd presume most of the members on this forum come from countries which do not allow dual citizenship. Can you not get her British Passport and get your country's visa every time you make a visit to your Mother Country?

Thank you very much in advance!
Ben
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Benito

Post by Benito » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:04 pm

Damanisshallo,

Thanks for your reply!

No she cannot make SET(M) application. I'd say FLR(M), as this is needed anyways even after PBS Dependant. So, why waste money on PBS Dependant and then on FLR(M) [As this switch is mandatory (as of now) where the main applicant is issued ILR under 10 yrs LR]

She is not PBS Dependant, she is PBS (Tier 1 General) main applicant on her first 3 years. She needs to extend her visa for an other 2 years as PBS (Tier 1 General). I was thinking that she can apply as PBS and then Set (LR) (she came in 2004) or FLR (M) then Set (LR) but which option is easier & quick PBS (Tier 1 General) or FLR (M)?

I hope you din't mean to ask about Maintenance or may be you were referring to Financial Requirement. In your case, there is no need to meet the Financial Requirement. However, WRT Maintenance, yes, you'd have to prove that, you're well off to maintain & accommodate your family without relying on public funds.

I was referring to Financial Requirements, again thanks for this!

I've tried repeatedly re-reading this query to understand, with no success. What difference would it make if you cannot have dual nationality. I'd presume most of the members on this forum come from countries which do not allow dual citizenship. Can you not get her British Passport and get your country's visa every time you make a visit to your Mother Country?

She has a passport from our mother country. I guess I will have to use ILR Set (F)

Thank you very much again!

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:39 pm

Benito wrote:She is not PBS Dependant, she is PBS (Tier 1 General) main applicant on her first 3 years. She needs to extend her visa for an other 2 years as PBS (Tier 1 General). I was thinking that she can apply as PBS and then Set (LR) (she came in 2004) or FLR (M) then Set (LR) but which option is easier & quick PBS (Tier 1 General) or FLR (M)?

In that case, she'd be considered under new rules if made a FLR(M) as this would be the first time ever, she's applying as a spouse. So the easiest way is to go ahead with her Tier 1 extension and make a SET(LR) in her own right in 2014 (If other requirements are met).

She has a passport from our mother country. I guess I will have to use ILR Set (F)

For UK-Born children, It doesn't matter if they have or haven't got a foreign passport (The only difference I can see is, you'll have to spend some extra quids to surrender your child's passport once they get registered as BC. It also doesn't matter if they have a valid visa when making MN1 Application (As they've never entered the UK illegally, they were born here). So, don't bother making any application until you get your ILR. Reading Q29 - Q32 might help you understand bit more.
Skydrives, Templates

Benito

Post by Benito » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:25 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
Benito wrote:She is not PBS Dependant, she is PBS (Tier 1 General) main applicant on her first 3 years. She needs to extend her visa for an other 2 years as PBS (Tier 1 General). I was thinking that she can apply as PBS and then Set (LR) (she came in 2004) or FLR (M) then Set (LR) but which option is easier & quick PBS (Tier 1 General) or FLR (M)?

In that case, she'd be considered under new rules if made a FLR(M) as this would be the first time ever, she's applying as a spouse. So the easiest way is to go ahead with her Tier 1 extension and make a SET(LR) in her own right in 2014 (If other requirements are met).

For UK-Born children, It doesn't matter if they have or haven't got a foreign passport (The only difference I can see is, you'll have to spend some extra quids to surrender your child's passport once they get registered as BC. It also doesn't matter if they have a valid visa when making MN1 Application (As they've never entered the UK illegally, they were born here). So, don't bother making any application until you get your ILR. Reading Q29 - Q32 might help you understand bit more.
That's great!!! Thank you very much !!!
I know exactly what I am going to do now.

Ali _T
Newly Registered

ILR

Post by Ali _T » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:08 am

hi every one,
I have been a silent reader since Jan 13, just wanted to update my skyline.
Application send: 20/01/13
Bio M :05/02/2013
ILR and Doc received: 19/06/2013

i would encourage every silent reader to at least update their skyline when they get ILR coz this does help others who are waiting...

6 years student
1 year psw
3 general T 1

No solicitors
All I did send was
Passports (( i had one stamp missing in 2004 on arrival in UK))
Employers letter
P60
LIFe in uk
Bank statement
Pay slips
Thank you every one and good luck

Yash33
Newly Registered

Re: ILR

Post by Yash33 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:56 am

Congrats Ali_T...

Fingers crossed for all of us waiting...

hi every one,

i would encourage every silent reader to at least update their skyline when they get ILR coz this does help others who are waiting...

6 years student
1 year psw
3 general T 1

No solicitors
All I did send was
Employers letter
P60
LIFe in uk
Bank statement
Pay slips
Thank you every one and good luck[/quote]

suzuka23

Re: ILR

Post by suzuka23 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:10 am

Yash33 wrote:Congrats Ali_T...

Fingers crossed for all of us waiting...

hi every one,

6 years student
1 year psw
3 general T 1

No solicitors
All I did send was
Employers letter
P60
LIFe in uk
Bank statement
Pay slips
Thank you every one and good luck
[/quote]

Yes, seems like they are processing Jan'13 quite fast. Fingers crossed!!!

shuttlespy

Re: 10 years long residence SET (O) applications

Post by shuttlespy » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:51 pm

boonbin wrote:I have created the new topic specific for 10 years long residence SET (O) group member. This space provides sharing application under SET (O) timeline. Please all the waiting applicants provide your waiting timeline helps others as a guideline. Thank you very much for sharing.
Hello

I need to know on my friend' behalf, he will be applying for ILR on ten years rule. He is currently under Tier 2 General Visa.

He need to ask: Can he change jobs as soon as sends the ILR application? Does this affect his current status or ILR application?

Please help

thanks

Wiqar
So many things to achieve and so little time....

kimnjuka

Post by kimnjuka » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:11 pm

Am really happy to see guyz happy after receiving their ILR we give GOD all the glory..There are some people still waiting but i hope they get it especially the ones who applied between sep ,oct and Nov...Take heart guyz it will come.