ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:45 pm

sanny26 wrote:So I have rang homeoffice again just now just to see if I can get a update,smh(shake my head) I spoke to a very nice lady I told her my details,she check she said application is still in progress its still ongoing,I ask her isit allocated a caseworker as yet she said yes it as been allocated a caseworker,she also said I can c that ur mp as made a request for update aswel recently I said yes she ask if I have receive a response from ukba about my mp letter I told them no she puts me on hold and when she said regarding my mp letter they will respond to it soon,but they aint got a time limit of when case will decide. I guess I just av to continue pray and fingers cross I hear from them soon. What I would like to know if a case as been allocated a case worker what does that means?
Sanny this is good news. If it has been allocated to a caseworker then you will get your papers back in about 2-3 weeks
Im very happy for you.

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:16 pm

@sanny

Lmao the ukba are full of shit I just rang them and they said the same thing to me which they did few weeks ago but this time the lady said by the end of summer again and I asked her if my case been allocated to a case worker and she said you case gets allocated to a caseworker and he or she will then put it on the system hmmmm lord help us

papamomo
Newly Registered

Post by papamomo » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:54 pm

Hi I'm new to the forum

I made an application under Article 8. FLR(O). I have a British wife and kid. Happilly married been in the UK 13 YEARS.. married for the past 3 years legally 1.5 year. Been living together for 3 years.

I have been reading forums for a while just never actively participated.. But learnt a lo through this forum ..May we all get approved.. It has been a long process for all.

Here is my time line:
Application sent : 15 th march 2013
Acknowledment received:/?? Lawyer knows
Biometrics : Dated 28thMarch Received 10th sent 11th
Request for further documents: 20th May Sent 23rd May
Documents Received:?
BRP: ?

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: newbie

Post by Time503 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:42 pm

papamomo wrote:Hi I'm new to the forum

I made an application under Article 8. FLR(O). I have a British wife and kid. Happilly married been in the UK 13 YEARS.. married for the past 3 years legally 1.5 year. Been living together for 3 years.

I have been reading forums for a while just never actively participated.. But learnt a lo through this forum ..May we all get approved.. It has been a long process for all.

Here is my time line:
Welcome to the forum. UKBA are working faster now so for them to have requested for further documents means you will get a decision soon. Best of luck!

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:44 pm

ONLYME1 wrote:@sanny

Lmao the ukba are full of shit I just rang them and they said the same thing to me which they did few weeks ago but this time the lady said by the end of summer again and I asked her if my case been allocated to a case worker and she said you case gets allocated to a caseworker and he or she will then put it on the system hmmmm lord help us

Probably because my mp as been on them like a rash lol, really hoping to hear from them soon.

GodGives
Member of Standing

For does with British partner

Post by GodGives » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:40 pm

Have a read for those married to a british spouse

http://icinspector.independent.gov.uk/w ... AL-PDF.pdf
Godgives

babycakes

Update!

Post by babycakes » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:44 pm

Rang UKBA for update,
Lady says my application has been passed to a case worker and a letter/ something has been sent in the post.

I am wetting myself now after 14 months lets see what's Home office is going to send me.

I can't sleep tonight now.
Flro extension.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:53 pm

Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:16 pm Post subject:
It gives me great joy within my heart to see that people are finally getting a response from the home office. I have been going through this site like the bible, day and night and have been costumed to saying a prayer right before I close the page. My situation has been similar to some found in this section of the forum and it is with great relief to actually know that I am not alone and some people better or worse off but all in all we have to thank God cos the sun keeps shining brighter every week with good news flowing right in.

I came here in December of 2001 at the age of 20 with just a suitcase of 1 jeans and 2 shirts, on a visiting visa and with the environment that i was in, i believed that i could make better of myself and decided to stay. i tried to legalise my stay, changing my visit visa to a student but was denied and advised to go back to country of origin to reapply to which i ignored based on the fact that all my family members were british and living here but I was not born here. To cut the long story short, I managed to put myself through college and University with the original letter of acknowledgement from the home office. Just by the grace of God no questions was ever asked and I managed to work till I graduated.

After graduation, I have been through all sort of lawyers to help legalise my stay with money thrown down the pipe and no conclusion reached, it was until last year I managed to find one worthy and managed to apply for FLR (O) based on family life and my timeline is as follows;

Date of application: 23rd of December 2012 FLR (O)
Acknowledgement letter Received: 17th of January 2013
Biometric Letter Invitation: 15th March 2013
Biometric Enrolment: Same Day
BRP: Still Waiting.
Document: Still Waiting.....

I have searched high and low to see if a case like mine exists but unfortunately not. Can anyone pls tell me if there is hope in my case????

I pray the good lord who has started our journeys individually wi definitely finish it and to all of us who are still waiting, I believe the wait is over. (Amen).

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:59 pm

dapsonlee wrote:Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:16 pm Post subject:
It gives me great joy within my heart to see that people are finally getting a response from the home office. I have been going through this site like the bible, day and night and have been costumed to saying a prayer right before I close the page. My situation has been similar to some found in this section of the forum and it is with great relief to actually know that I am not alone and some people better or worse off but all in all we have to thank God cos the sun keeps shining brighter every week with good news flowing right in.

I came here in December of 2001 at the age of 20 with just a suitcase of 1 jeans and 2 shirts, on a visiting visa and with the environment that i was in, i believed that i could make better of myself and decided to stay. i tried to legalise my stay, changing my visit visa to a student but was denied and advised to go back to country of origin to reapply to which i ignored based on the fact that all my family members were british and living here but I was not born here. To cut the long story short, I managed to put myself through college and University with the original letter of acknowledgement from the home office. Just by the grace of God no questions was ever asked and I managed to work till I graduated.

After graduation, I have been through all sort of lawyers to help legalise my stay with money thrown down the pipe and no conclusion reached, it was until last year I managed to find one worthy and managed to apply for FLR (O) based on family life and my timeline is as follows;

I have searched high and low to see if a case like mine exists but unfortunately not. Can anyone pls tell me if there is hope in my case????

I pray the good lord who has started our journeys individually wi definitely finish it and to all of us who are still waiting, I believe the wait is over. (Amen).
It would help if you attached ur parents passports and ur birth certificate showing u are related
Godgives

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:15 pm

GodGives wrote:

It would help if you attached ur parents passports and ur birth certificate showing u are related

I Did that when submitting application (all families passport copies and cover letter) as well as qualifications and cover letter from professionals (stamped) and friends (cover letter and passport copies too), P60's with bank statements dating back to when I first came into the country!

majojo

Re: For does with British partner

Post by majojo » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:16 pm

GodGives wrote:Have a read for those married to a british spouse

man i love this John Vine man. hes real and transparent. I pray we all get good news very soon. this tin don keep long aahhhhhhhhhh.. oh to the guy who was looking for the ukba number its 08706067766

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:20 pm

Sounds like you will be ok keep the faith and keep fighting. Bless

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:18 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
GodGives wrote:

I Did that when submitting application (all families passport copies and cover letter) as well as qualifications and cover letter from professionals (stamped) and friends (cover letter and passport copies too), P60's with bank statements dating back to when I first came into the country!
That should be ok all the best
Godgives

egoneo

Post by egoneo » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:20 pm

just curious, at what age did you graduate?

The thing about the ukba, that people need to realise. is that they will always deny you at first. they will push you into a corner. to the point that it seems all hope is lost. You have to keep pushing back, dont stop and keep persisting. They will eventually use their common sense, something that is not so common to them, and grant you your visa.

rec212

Post by rec212 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:28 pm

It seems like caseworkers do not strictly abide by the £1500 a month for the sponsor. If i knew that then i would have applied for a spouse visa back home before coming here as a visitor and struggle like hell...

Buti believe everything happens for a reason and our lives are predestined by God.

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:34 pm

rec212 wrote:

It seems like caseworkers do not strictly abide by the £1500 a month for the sponsor. If i knew that then i would have applied for a spouse visa back home before coming here as a visitor and struggle like hell...

Buti believe everything happens for a reason and our lives are predestined by God.
Faith moves mountains keep pressing on!

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:42 am

@babycake

Would like to say congrats in advance as ino your expecting good news on the way :) remember I told you to stop looking out for the mail man it will come to you :)

Al Haqq

@Tuga, Onlyme1 - Ajmal

Post by Al Haqq » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:12 am

@Tuga & onlyme1 spot on your response to ajmal. @ajmal the use of word can be very powerful both positively and negatively. Thanks

Al Haqq

Like button

Post by Al Haqq » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:24 am

verbina wrote:
ONLYME1 wrote:Another good news wow The Lord is great and @babycake how can you say that message ain't callous ? Telling someone who's fighting for what he or she believes in that they just wasting there money is a very callous statement if ukba does not encourage overstayers to regulise there status then I don't see the point in flr o :)

Babycake you need to stop looking out for the mail man now hahahaha it will come to you in Jesus name :)

Beat wishes to you all ........my application is now 13months but ino they have no choice but to grant is :) The Lord is in control lol
Maaaan I just wish there was a *LIKE* button to click on this forum lol ;)
Just the same thought I am having, a like button will be great, I would suggest it to the admin.
CONGRATULATIONS ALL THAT GOT A POSITIVE AND ALL THAT ARE WAITING---IN ADVANCE. IN SHA ALLAH

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:54 am

Awwwh welcome to the forum babe!! My heart goes out to you! I totally identify with coming here at the age of 15 as a student, then visitor, then student again, and when my student visa extension was refused I was absolutely lost!!
If you have your family here and also private life, you should be alright hun!!kKeep your head up!

Sarah06

Post by Sarah06 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:29 am

Saadi wrote:Just to share our good news, after a 15 month wait I've just got my DLR 30 months waiting biometrics card, best feeling in the world, inshallah you guys are next xxxxx

:D :D Congrts

papamomo
Newly Registered

Re: newbie

Post by papamomo » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:22 pm

Time503 wrote:
papamomo wrote:Hi I'm new to the forum

Here is my time line:
Welcome to the forum. UKBA are working faster now so for them to have requested for further documents means you will get a decision soon. Best of luck!

Thanks Time 503. Hopefully for all of us we might here some goods news.
one thing the documents they've asked me to provide were:

Full Birth certificate of my daugther we gave them previously a short version and
My Payslips for the last year which is quite puzzling...In reading the forums they always want documents proving relationship to your wife and kids.Althought we provided all our bills all tenancy agreements ..ect..
Has anybody been asked to provide their payslips...??

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:07 pm

@dapsonlee

Welcome to this forum..... I would like to ask you a few question if you don't mind...... What was the reason why your student application was refused? Why did you not apply before the 1st of October when the new rules came in place which states any application from an overstayer will be automatically rejected? Your article 8 case seems abit shaking as the ulna will start by saying after you been rejected student visa you went ahead to student, you overstated your visiting visa with no genuine compelling grounds for doing so,you've worked illegally,you have no reason not to return to your home country, you came here at the age of 20 which means you must have ties back home, I can keep going on what they will look at really because they are heartless people

Me and you are in a kinda similar situation as I came here when I was 13 yrs old, been domestically abused by my father who brought me here and left me with my mother,I have 5acars from the injuries my father gave me.....I went to school here and after I finished school connections got me into college which I have finished now....I am in relationship with a British girl from high school been together for almost 4years now....cut the story shot found out I was overstayer when I tried getting my NI went to the police reported it and they help me for about an hour rang ukba explained things to them and they said they should let me go as they can't detain me because I didn't overstay intentionally and I came here at a very younng age plus the police confirmed that I have scars on me from the abuse I claimed to have so they let me off and I was giving a number to ring to a ring and speak to some caseworker who then told me to apply before the new rules came in place and summit every document I have to support my case n she also added that ukba takes the breach of visa seriously but if there is a compelling reason they will overlook it that mine they can't hold against me.

Application made: 1st June 2012
Ark letter: 15june 2012
Bio: 15 August and done 16th August
Outcome: been told its with a caseworker so waiting

Documents sent in
School results and letter from head teacher stating I'm on the system
College certificate and letter from teachers recommending me as a good student and well behaved
Photos of me and my gf
Photos of me and my friends
Letter written and signed by my gf that we been together since school and intend to get married
My gf birth certificate
Letter explaining how I was domestically abused with photo evidence
Letter explain that I didn't intend to overstay because I was too young to know what's going on and also a minor overstayer is not classed as an offender
Letter from the British army stating I've tries to join and recommending me for the job (that's my dream job anyway)
Many more cant even remember some :)

That's my story pal

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:17 pm

@dapsonlee

Plus I made my application when I was 17years old a minor still and case will be treated as a minor too...I would suggest you try and find a partner build up a relationship and present it to them but hey with God all things are possible

babycakes

UPDATE

Post by babycakes » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:48 pm

So post man came today with news from HO.

Ho wanted me to provide evidence my child was living with me, so i sent the prove off today!

Awaiting their decision.
After 14 months wait ,3 letters from my MP, a complaint letter to HO and Rob white-man. I turn to the Ombudsman who requested the UKBA to deal with application without further delay.

I am so happy my celebration starts from today i haven,t got a decision yet but i know HO cant refuse me or else trial,appeal court whatever you call it.

I am well prepared!

Only me you were right the postman came looking for me instead. lol