ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP rejected - Help me for review

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

leoguy

HSMP rejected - Help me for review

Post by leoguy » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:19 am

Hello everybody,

My HSMP application was rejected and The reason given by my caseworker for rejection:

In this case we were unable to verify the employer documentation supplied by the company (The one I’m currently working). Therefore, your application has been refused.

In the Qualification part this was the assessment:
Points claimed 35 Points Awarded Nil

We have assessed this evidence and you may be able to claim 35 points.
However, you have been awarded no points because we have been unable to verify the XXXXX company documents submitted with this application.

Strange thing is, this was the same reason stated (Assessed and printed) for other category assessment of Age, Qualification and English Language requirement.
This is so weird. So it was Nil Points :roll: out of 85 i cliamed for Age, Qualification and ELR.
I submitted my Driving license, DOB certificate(orginal),Masters degree and letter from NARIC,IELTS report card and letter from University stating that the bachelors degree was taught in english.

Anyways I tried to enquire with my company and it seems there have been no calls made from HO (UK) about my case.
I made my own research and just found out what could have been the reason.

I have sent the Income/salary certificate, Offer letter and Pay slips along with bank statements.
There was change in phone number from the time I joined and to the current pay slips (just the initial digits) and looks like the case worker just tried to call the numbers on the Offer letter/the salary Certificate.

Im so pissed off that the case worker could have looked at the latest pay slips or even follow the guidelines of the operator for the change in number :x or ven the company website.I think this should have been the reason.

Please give me feedback guys on this on how to proceed.
Will there be any consideration now if I say that the phone numbers were changed.
Im planning for a review in few days.

Thank you

FYI: I suggested to some person few days back to let the case worker know by Fax incase of change in phone number and I overlooked the change in phone numbers on the offer letter to the current one(my mistake).
Last edited by leoguy on Fri May 04, 2007 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

leoguy

Post by leoguy » Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:32 am

Looks like no one is interested.
I made my own request but feedback is always welcome.

Please tell if it is ok to send an additional page with the FAX for Review.
or incase of additional page,just the Review by Post is valid.

Thank you

vidya

Post by vidya » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:27 am

Hi

seems like they are trigger happy for rejecting applications for this reason ...not able to contact employer ,

do try for a review and submit the employers latest contact info ..all the best...

leoguy

Post by leoguy » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:36 am

Thanks Vidya.

Can you tell me, if the correspondence address can be changed now in the review request form?
I want to Fax an Additional page with the Review form.

suresh-hsmp

Post by suresh-hsmp » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:54 am

Hi,
Sorry to hear about your rejection.
we all know that case worker is a dumb person and we need to direct him in every possible way.
If you write a letter saying that your office numbers got changed, he still put do the same. what i would suggest is, get a letter from your office saying that thier office numbers got changed and then fax it to H.O

P.S take letter on company letter headed paper.

Thanks

leoguy

Post by leoguy » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:58 am

Suresh,
If we go by that, the Case worker may take that as additional evidence.not sure what he has in mind.
anyways i will try to do both.

Thanks.

suresh-hsmp

Post by suresh-hsmp » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:36 am

Hi
for that, you clearly mention in review that, it is not a new evidence,infact you are giving a supporting information for the earlier documents. Since he said he cant verify your documents, you are helping him howhe can review your case-- does it make sense?

dont worry, iam pretty much sure that you can win if you explain your case in evry possible way. please take some time and prepare your review.i will try to give reply incase if you have any doubts.

Thanks

leoguy

Post by leoguy » Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:00 pm

Hii
yeah i will mention about that.Thanks for the suggestion.
Can you confirm once, if i can send 2 extra sheets along w
ith the form for FAX?

leoguy

Post by leoguy » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:36 pm

Can someone Please confirm if the additional sheet should be handwritten or the printouts?

TY

suresh-hsmp

Post by suresh-hsmp » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:52 pm

Hi,
Firstly, there is no limit how many pages you should fax,its advisable to precise.
secondly,it does not matter how the format should be. As long as your information is legible hand written is okay. If I were you, i will go by electronic format.

ALL the best with your review.

Thanks

dv_evan
Newly Registered

HO crazy?

Post by dv_evan » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:07 pm

Hello Sorry to hear about your prob.

I suggest do what the other guys told you, and keep us update.

However, I need to express my disatisfaction of HO contacting your present employer, many of the applicants I assume would have like to keep such process as personal and no need for their employers to know. Now that the ediots at HO will contact the employers this could lead to victimisation, as the employer will know that the applicant may be an outgoing employee.

I know validation is important but so is personal privacy too.

What are your thoughts on this?

Dave

MSI GEEK

Post by MSI GEEK » Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:44 am

Applicants from a third world country like India are often subjected to very strict verification of the evidence supplied.

But, contact details such as phone/fax numbers , email, addresses, etc. may change. If the case worker is unable to contact the relevant person to verify the evidence, the application is simply rejected.

Case workers are NOT kind-hearted noble souls to look into websites for alternate contact details.

The person/entity who can successfully verify the evidence may not be available or successfully contacted at times.

The HO asks for all evidence in ORIGINAL. Still, the applications are often rejected because of the HO's failure in successfully verifying all the details.
How genuine is their attempt is not known ?

Luck factor plays a big role in HSMP approval. Sad but true...

leoguy

Post by leoguy » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:29 am

Hii guys,
Thanks a lot for ur feebback.

Suresh, Thanks for the answers and wishes. I would defenetely go for Electronic format cos there is every chance that the case worker would say the same reason that he couldn’t verify cos he cannot understand my hand writing :wink: .

Evan, I couldn’t agree with you more. I would like to have kept it personal,but since they couldn’t verify I had to talk about this.its so frustrating. but my employer assured that he was always ready to help me in answering the calls. so im hoping the HO makes atleast 1 valid call. There are chances for victimization . Sure,will keep you updated.

MSI GEEK: Yes, Asians are always subjected to very strict verification.
The sad part about this verification part for me is, In my covering letter I wrote very clearly the latest contact details and names . my application was in process for more than 14 weeks.I always thought that covering letter is one of the most imp. Doc for the process. As it turned out ,they never attempted to look it.so this is good lesson for all those applying, to spoon feed the case worker .They try to look for reasons to not approve than to approve. yes, Luck plays a huge role for HSMP approval.

MSI GEEK

Post by MSI GEEK » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:30 am

They try to look for reasons to not approve than to approve. yes, Luck plays a huge role for HSMP approval.
One feels that the HO's goal is approve NO MORE than 1/3 of all applications received and reject the majority of applications received.

A lot depends upon the discretion of the case worker and the HSMP rules/policies are such that no one can be ABSOLUTELY SURE of approval irrespective of the quality & quantity of evidence supplied.

They can simply mention: " Unable to verify Evidence provided " and reject any application on this ground. No one knows or can find out how genuine their attempt to verify was.

Atter a number of unsuccessful tries, any applicant would give up. This is how the ratio of approval\rejection is kept at the desired level.

There is no mechanism to APPEAL against a HSMP rejection. (reviews do not help - same reason for rejection can be mentioned again).

Reshma

Post by Reshma » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:39 pm

@leoguy
Did you attach a letter detailing the contact information of your employers.
You should do that ( if not done, do it while review.)
Give the HR contact/ you colleques contact details who can explain your employment and salary.
Include, postal address, phone (office & mobile), email and fax (if available).
They will only make a call but it is important that you give these details.

No idea whether you have already given it or not.
All the best for your review.
Last edited by Reshma on Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reshma

Post by Reshma » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:46 pm

@MSI GEEK
Yes. There are many HSMP rejection.
But there are lot many approvals too.
I believe that if your documents are 100% perfect without any confusions, they will approve it without any further verification.
Most of the cases, they go for verification if there is some confusion in the document.

This is purely my opinion. Not necessarily always true.

leoguy

Post by leoguy » Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:51 am

Hii guys,

@MSI GEEK
I agree with you but only partially.
I think ur right about total approval percent is 30 or 33 and I have absolutely no probs with that,cos it’s the HO quota or what ever.

But I think there are more approvals as well in quick time than before, for the guys who had presented all the valid and required documents. just few cases are exceptional.
So the case workers manual should clear all doubts in the future.

As everybody knows most of the case workers are young people with less skills so my only complaint abt HSMP is, if they are mature enough to judge the highly skilled people.

If you have any personal experiences, would like to hear that.

@ Reshma

I have mentioned all the contact(phone,fax,email,webpage) and HR person details in the Review Request and clearly explained how to contact and verify. Iv sent the request form on Friday.
Im also going to do a FAX on monday,with content saying that the contact numbers were subjected to change from august 2006 on the company letter head.
This was suggested to me by Mr.Suresh in this forum. let me share your thoughts.

Thanks for sharing your views

siqbal

Post by siqbal » Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:19 pm

Hi leoguy,

Any updates for us...???

Have you submitted the review application..??

regards
S.I

Achtung

Post by Achtung » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:00 pm

This case is just so weird. I agree that it is difficult to go to your HR and tell him that you have applied for HSMP and that he needs to verify all the info when the HO calls up. It is strange that you ask your HR to help you quit the job. You cannot play tricks here. I don't how all of you who are giving their employers contact details are managing this situation. Kindly throw some light in this matter. Hopefully leoguy your review is successful.

leoguy

Post by leoguy » Wed May 02, 2007 5:08 am

Hii

@siqbal
No update from the HSMP team yet for my mail.
I sent the form on 27th April.

@ Athtung

I agree,the situation is very frustrating asking and constantly reminding the HR,to take care of the enquiry .
And the situation more or less should be the same for every candidate since it is a must to give the contact details of the HR .

Right now, im hopeful that there is a proper mechanism to appeal for the review process.
If it doesn’t work work out I will completely agree with MSI GEEK as he stated
Last edited by leoguy on Fri May 04, 2007 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

siqbal

Post by siqbal » Wed May 02, 2007 5:49 am

@ leoguy

Best of luck for review of your HSMP application...

Can I have your email address...???

leoguy

Post by leoguy » Sat May 05, 2007 5:16 am

My Review Appn is assigned to a CW on 2nd May and currently in process.
leo_guy_05@yahoo.com

siqbal

Post by siqbal » Fri May 18, 2007 7:24 am

@ leoguy

Any updates..??

Whats the status of your Review application..??