ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

i have not received my documents back

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

harinag
Newly Registered

i have not received my documents back

Post by harinag » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:19 pm

hi...
I have sent my application to HSMP office on 10th jan....and on enquiry i got to know that on 20th Feb the decision was made and my application 's been despatched...but till now i hane not received my doccuments back...am really worried about my original doccuments...can any body help me in this regard....
thanks in advance
Last edited by harinag on Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

apply4hsmp

Post by apply4hsmp » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:22 pm

which country are you from ? You need to help yourself so that other's can help. So please provide more details.

harinag
Newly Registered

Post by harinag » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:24 pm

thanx for ur quick reply...'am from bangalore..India

apply4hsmp

Post by apply4hsmp » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:31 pm

It generally takes 3 weeks to a month but in your case it seems it is already the case for Bangalore. Keep ur fingers crossed.

nshar1

Post by nshar1 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:13 am

Mine were sent on 01-Feb to Gurgaon. I haven't Received them yet. I have given up the hope now. Although my application has been approved.

So many cases coming up about lost documents!!

Hari..was yours approval?

harinag
Newly Registered

Post by harinag » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:37 am

Hi,

I am from bangalore, No I have not got my documents, nor do I know if I have got my approval. I do not know how to get information of whether it is approved.

I had sent all ORIGINAL douments. Getting one more duplicate copy of the documents, would be one year job for me. I do get lot of AIRMAIL reaching on time from USA. I do not know what is happening with U.K air mail.

I did visit my local post office, who refered me for foreign-letter/parcels post office which distributes all the letters to entire state, I have personally checked their register for both AIRMAIL and registered post, but nothing has reached. Luckily, Indian Post office does make an entry as soon they receive AIRMAIL, it contains name of person, date received and pincode of the place to be delivered.

I wished UK HSMP had outsoured this to something like VFS (USA) who charges nominal amount for safe registered post.

I now regret for applying to U.K HSMP.

Regards,
Hari

nshar1

Post by nshar1 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:42 am

Hey Hari,
Don't get dishearened. I will tell you the way to get your duplicates in a shorter amount of time. I will PM to you later on the same.

About checking the status of your application you can call Home office at : 0114 207 4074
(0044 is the ISD code for UK).

On requesting for the outcome of your application there's a good possibility that you will be told that the outcome can't be divulged on phone.
What I did ... I told the representative that "it is very important for me to know the outcome and that I am worried about my documents and I will not ask any more questions after knowing the outcome whatever it may be"

nshar1

Post by nshar1 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:39 pm

Hari and Debz,
One question for both of you.
I was looking thru the internet to find out whats the max time taken by airmail. I have seen cases taking as much as 3-4months.

look at saxontheweb.net/vbulletin/archive/index.php/t-46704.html

I am wondering whats common among all three of us. Why have the docs gotten lost? Have they sent our docs by sea..which takes longer time? Or as the docs have been heavy, they are struck with customs?

I had sent lots of documents and the package was heavy(1 KG). What about you people?

Regards,
N Sharma

harinag
Newly Registered

Post by harinag » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:28 pm

Hi All,

Good news from me, Morning I had complained about not receiving document, Afternoon I got my mail. All documents are intact and also HSMP approval.

Thanks to the forum, which is good platform to share our concerns.

I wish everyone a success and get their documents back.

Like to share some information as what happened to me.

>> My documents were dispatched via AIRMAIL on Feb 20th 2007

>> I did write couple of times to HSMP regarding delay in receiving my mail, They did assure me saying in some cases as much as 16weeks delay.

>> I did visit my local postoffice and enquired, also spoke to the local postman and explained her the importance of this mail and requested for help. She obliged and gave me our STATE foreign letters/parcel post office address

>> I did visit this post office, for Karnataka state, In Bangalore, it is backside of SBI main branch, Museum Road POST OFFICE. They are very nice people, they have a register maintaining all the AIRMAIL details they receive.

>> After all these and writing to the forum, it was nice happy ending.

Any help people would like from my side regarding the same, do write in this forum I shall viewing this for next couple of weeks.

I wish every one good luck

:D

bob30
Newly Registered

Post by bob30 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:33 pm

Hi Hari,

Did your parcel have any sticker/stamp of custom officials on it? Any idea why it was delayed? Its been 2 weeks and my letter hasnt arrived me (in switzerland) yet. Shouldnt have taken more than 2/3 days.Never understood why they cannot take more money and send docs by registered post.

debz

Post by debz » Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:49 am

@ Nshar

No, the documents were not sent by sea (checked on this b4). It was sent by normail Airmail.

@ Bob

I thought, within Europe they dispatch docs by registered post. I got my docs in London in 2 days time. It was sent by registered post. But you cannot track that through website until and unless it is received at the destination (so not much difference, I believe).

Also, I heard from local PO that sometimes it takes more time if the parcel is bulky / heavy as it may be struck for customs clearance.

One quick question, do you have any idea if 12th Std marks card is required for EC??
Regards,
Debjani.

bob30
Newly Registered

Post by bob30 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:53 am

debjani,
HO sends documents by registered post only within the UK. For rest of the world, its plain old oridinary airmail. It didnt arrive me even today :(

bob30
Newly Registered

Post by bob30 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:46 pm

nshar1, did u get ur documents back?

nshar1

Post by nshar1 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:59 am

No, I haven't :(

nshar1

Post by nshar1 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:00 am

No, I haven't :( . What about you bob?

tnr99
Newly Registered

I too not received my docs.....

Post by tnr99 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:04 pm

Hi All,

Iam not received my documents that they have posted it on 26th Feb. I applied it from bangalore and i did visited my local post office but they have not received it till now.

Hari could u plz help me in this regard. I did visited museum road post office too.....but they are unable to show me the track register...as they are asking me what kind of service like is it Airmail Parcel or Airmail post and registered or unregistered????

Waiting for reply.....

Thanks in advance

tnr99

Reshma

Post by Reshma » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:51 pm

Hello Friends,

I am joining your club.
My documents are posted on 11th of April and still not reached me.
Applied from Bangalore.
HSMP application approved.
Post sent by Airmail from HO.
Weighs around 500gms.
17 days till now.
Not sure whether is it time to start worrying about this !!

Anyway good to hear that some people have received the documents even after 6 weeks.
Let me hope for the best. It is not too late for me.
Please update this thread as you receive your document.

Regards
Reshma.

vasanth
Newly Registered

Post by vasanth » Sat May 05, 2007 12:29 pm

Reshma,
My documents were also despatched on April 11th and I received it on 26th April in bangalore. Wait for some more time you will defenitely get it. My application is refused and i have applicaed for a review.
How did you know the result before receiving the docs ?
Regards,
Vasanth.

RoganJosh
Newly Registered

Post by RoganJosh » Wed May 09, 2007 11:07 pm

Mine were despatched on the 17th April... I haven't received them yet. (I live in New Zealand)

mcse
Newly Registered

Reshma

Post by mcse » Thu May 10, 2007 8:34 am

Hi Reshma !!!

How did u know about the decision ? As u haven't receive it yet. Plz tell us....... My review application was decided on 23 April 2007 and dispatched on the same day but till today i haven't got the decision.... I have contacted a lot of time through telephone to homeoffice but they refue to tell the decision on phone.......

Review was submitted on 10th April 2007.....

All memebers plx comments what can be the decision of review in a very short time....

thanxs

RoganJosh
Newly Registered

Re: Reshma

Post by RoganJosh » Thu May 10, 2007 10:20 pm

mcse wrote:Hi Reshma !!!

How did u know about the decision ? As u haven't receive it yet. Plz tell us....... My review application was decided on 23 April 2007 and dispatched on the same day but till today i haven't got the decision.... I have contacted a lot of time through telephone to homeoffice but they refue to tell the decision on phone.......

Review was submitted on 10th April 2007.....

All memebers plx comments what can be the decision of review in a very short time....

thanxs

On what grounds did they refuse you.... and what was your explaination ?

mcse
Newly Registered

Post by mcse » Mon May 14, 2007 6:46 am

Hello Rogan ! ! !

Mine application was on old hsmp criteria. It was the 2nd review and the category of refusal was spouse points... I have explained them all regarding the evidences...... let c what is the decision........